Recognizing Black Authors

That’s the issue. That’s why black authors are upset because we’re not being accepted, and it’s been proven that we’re not. I understand that many cultures and races of people within the community would like to have their share of representation as well, but black authors aren’t represented as much. I don’t know why.

4 Likes

Agreed and I really love the fact that they featured Instant Princess!

1 Like

Yeah, I did too.

1 Like

I do honestly hope they feature a shelf of either black authors or stories with black main characters. Support this idea for sure!

2 Likes

I love the writer of instant princress, they wrote this story called wentworth, it is amazing and it has great POC representations

2 Likes

I know :joy: I’ve read it.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

its okay

1 Like

Tbh, the way they worded that post did make it sound like they were going to do a shelf so I don’t think you’re wrong for wanting it. You could even say they mislead you since judging by the comments, a lot of people thought this too

4 Likes

Mhm. Right.

Bump

I get you, I was one of the authors picked in February. I had mentioned at the time, I was a little disappointed they only picked my story because I’m black… I mean it was nice to be featured, but I feel that that shouldn’t be the only reason a black author’s story is added to a shelf.

1 Like

Oh my…I support you 100% though. There needs to be more representation on the platform.

I’ve only been writing about a year on it so I don’t fully know what’s happened in the past…

1 Like