Recommend some Non-Cliche stories!

Hiii, I just got back on this app after a little break and would love some non-cliche story recommendations. I really would like for customization if it’s possible. It could old or new stories, just looking for some really interesting and unique stories.

9 Likes

I’d like to recommend my book, it’s about a parody of cliches. Feel free to check it out if you’d like :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Poison for your Heart by Aykay :point_right::point_left::blush:

The Big Great by Sugarfoot Stories! It’s probably one of the most original stories I ever read, no cliche :wink:

Edit: Sorry this was supposed to be a reply to the post in general, not specifically @Aykay (sorry about that lol)

Hey! :grin: I’m going to do a bit of shameless self-promotion here, where I took some of the cliches and kind of turned them on their head as the story progresses. It’s ongoing in Ink without CC, but I just started converted it to LL with CC. Basically, it revolves around a death metal band and their antics. There is a polyamory option (a legit one where the feelings are built up and developed throughout the whole story, not just thrown in as an afterthought to “choose both” at the end or just two dudes lusting after the MC) and there’s also an option for the two LIs who are originally “fighting for the girl” to actually fall in love with each other.

Summary

Description : When your secret death metal band hires a new roadie and your guitarist declares his love for you, your double-life gets a bit complicated. (Dramedy, CC for MC+LIs, 4 main branches)
Style : Limelight
Genre: Comedy + Drama = Dramedy
Episodes : 5 ongoing (but I have 33 total in Ink that just need to be converted)
CC: Yes
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6331079503577088

For stories not by me, I really like Rock-A-Bye-Baby by @CosmicIvy since it’s from the POV of a character I haven’t really seen before in Episode stories (I’m not gonna spoil it :wink:)

1 Like

I tried to name a few of the stories that I read and think that they aren’t cliche, but I don’t remember them all, also, the descriptions that I gave might contain spoilers, so be aware.

I still love you by Deby for romance, It’s about childhood friends (that loved each other secretly), one day they get separated and as they grow old away from each other their feelings remain the same.

Rainbow of hope by Avdevz for fantasy, it’s about a girl that at her birthday her grannies has something to tell her which changes her life for ever.

The good sister and the bad sister by alalala for romance, its about two completely different sisters and how karma finds them.

Finding emeral for fantasy romance, I don’t find it cliche but it might seems at one point, but I don’t think it is, (by sarah kieser) its about a girl escaping from her abusing husband and leaves with a man without knowing that he is her country’s enemy.

Eclipsis fantasy, historical, you MUST read it, my old time favorite by (victoria masina) about a girl at old times that pretends to be a man and accidentally travels back in time.

I like all of joseph evan’s stories, especially those that are in classic style (if you dont mind classic read embers effect, its amazing (I think i hit the maximum number of replays in this one))

:point_right: :point_left: :point_right: :point_left: :point_left: :point_right: :point_left: :point_right: :point_left: then again i think i could suggest to you to read a story that I wrote named Robin’s blood, its mystery and it’s about a girl that accidentally trespass into the Underworld on a mission to find her country’s savior, only to get captured by the (anti)hero.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You can try mine: Tribe of Malapinchi

~ An Asian fantasy-reality story of humanity, freedom and hope, aftermaths and consequences, test and trials, past, present and future, light and darkness, discovering oneself, friendships and kinships, leadership and truth. ~

Title: © Tribe of Malapinchi (Original)
Author: Jannah Jackson
Story Description:
Tales of the Old Asians warned that WW2 scars still plagued the exotic-cursed tribe in the mythical land within the Pacific Ring of Fire at East South East Asia. The land of Sun, light & black magic, lies and dark secrets. Can you survive, solve the havoc, cleanse and heal, save and free everyone before it’s too late? Or die in vain?
FullCC/Choices Matter/MiniGames/Tappables
Genre: Realistic-Fantasy/Mystery/ Adventure/Thriller/Horror
No. of Episode Chapters: 10 (Season 1 Complete) [Season 2 Coming Soon]
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover (With symbolic meanings of the cover inside the story too)

Feel free to check out my story🤗 also doing R4R

Tittle: Secrets (Ll)
Author: Miss.Simone
Style: Limelight
Genre: Drama
Chapters: 4
Description: Renae Santiago! A mysterious person with a dark past who crosses path with a cocky mafia leader Dante Rodríguez. They both have Secrets but who will be the one to confess first?

Link: http: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5572481667235840
Instagram: episode.simone

(trust me its not a cliché)

The Basic Story
Even sweeter
Again
Dumb blondes

Hey) Thank you for this! I hope my story fits. It would mean a lot if you could check out mine :grin:
TITLE: Our little secret

GENRE: Mystery/Drama

DESCRIPTION: What could be better than meeting five close friends at a student party? Such events are extremely rare. However, things don’t get so rosy when a dead girl is found in the house. Who is behind this and what is the little secret of each of them?

•Full CC

•One LI

•Sounds & Music

•Point System, Choices matter, Mini games

My ig: @epi.ksu

1 Like

My story would be perfect for you!

This story is not a cliche at all and does now have a strong male supernatural that’s “immune” to just one person (mc or li)

Instagram: Makayla.reed.episode
Link:

1 Like

Thanks for this thread! :white_heart:
Want to read mine?! :blush:

Title: THE WOLF IN ME (LL)

Genre: Fantasy

Follow my Instagram: @bethany.h.episode - For sneak peeks & updates!

Story description:

Kiani has no idea she’s a wolf-shifter… Even worse, her soulmate is the son of the Alpha that murdered her parents! What can go wrong? #BiteMe.

Mature themes!

21 chapters out (ongoing)

Front Cover:

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: The Wolf In Me (LL) 16 & 17

Checkout this story, on the Episode App! If you like it, support the story by passing it along!

I hope you’ll give it a read! :grin::two_hearts:

Bethany.h

You can try reading my story
Story title :- Darker than Black

Author :- flare

Instagram: @flare_888

Description:- Under some Circumstances you will have to act as Psychologist at the house of the riches people in the country , will you mange to keep your identity hidden ?

Genres :- Drama , Romance .

Current chapters :- 12 (on going )

style :- LL

Choices matter

Points system

You can customize the main charecter and name it the way you want !

Cover :———-

Link :

You can check out my story My Mind Is A Prison. The other book is on REVAMP!! :blush::heartbeat:

Title: Far Away
Author: Sinead O’Neill
IG: sineadoneill.lovestowrite

Story Description
Lucy’s life is in so much trouble, so she’s forced to move away. While hiding from her troubles, she meets a mysterious guy with his own dark secret. (cc, choices, adv directing, music/sound, 1 LI)

Far Away link

Would you perhaps like mine? (It’s definitely not cliche :sweat_smile:)

Story: The Unwanted
Genre: Mystery
Insta: @evilyn.writes
Style: Ink

Description:
15 years since we’ve been deemed useless and deported to Earth. Now, we reunite to solve the supernatural murders and as past becomes present, our mistakes become fatal…

Advanced directing/ overlays etc.

Link: https://episodeinteractive.com/s/i/5431076573085696

Also up for r4r!

Thank you for this thread! If you dig romance/adventures with good amount of comedy and tinge of mystery, I hope you can give my story a chance❤️

Title: Treasure In You
Author: L.Q. Walter
Instagram: @lqwalter.episode
Genre: Adventure/Romance
Chapters: 9 (more coming soon)
Style: Limelight
Description: After discovering an old diary she believes will lead her to the location of a long lost treasure, she teams with an unlikely ally: a guy who is downright cocky yet wickedly hot!
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5342141547216896
Cover:

Check out Mafia’s blood in veins

*Title: June
Style: Limelight/Classic
Genre: Comedy/romance
Chapters: 11
Description: A lonely graphic designer draws a beautiful woman, then wakes up one morning to find her in his kitchen room.
Link: Episode Writer Portal
Instagram: @Aliceproductions