Recommended complete short stories

Hi! I’ve done this a while ago. But life got in the way, and I’ve been away from the Episode for so long, I don’t know where to start again :slight_smile:

I’ve got quite a lot of passes collected and I’m looking for complete short (up to 10 episodes) stories recommendations to read. I don’t mind which art style. I’m also open to any genre suggestions. And I would prefer if they were more recent stories (published within the last 2 years or so, as I think I’ve read most of the great short stories from before).

Please, don’t advertise your own stories, just the ones that you’ve read and really enjoyed. Also, I’d like to emphasise that I am looking for complete stories. I want something I could read at my preferred pace, rather than having to wait for ages for the stories to be updated (and possibly have them discontinued in the end).

Thank you for your suggestions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll update this as I think of more :slight_smile:

Fantasy:
Wanderlust Academy by Mavis

Thriller:
The Game by Amber J
The Disappearance of Olivia Thatcher by Ana Stacy
Detenu by J Miley
Cold Hearted by MEA

Horror:
Who’s There by Maddie V
Shroud by Dina

Romance:
See the Real Me by Priscilla Arina

Adventure
Telvoikai by Corvaena (this is in spotlight but it works well for the story)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I’ll start reading :smiley:

1 Like

No problem. I hope you enjoy them and I’ll keep thinking of more! I personally read mostly short stories so I’ll just update my list above to as not to spam the thread haha. Most of what I read do tend to be thrillers though lol. If that’s your thing, last year’s Halloween contest was Thriller and all stories had to be complete and under 5 chapters so there are a few good ones floating around.

Also some people need to read this :see_no_evil::

2 Likes

I have a stupid habit to jump from story to story, so I haven’t finished reading all of the below ones, but from what I’ve seen so far I would recommend:

Action
MICROCIDE by AS007 - 8 episodes
Powerfools by Hannalation - 7 episodes
Annabelle by Nis - 9 episodes

Adventure
Equality by Amanda Michelle - 10 episodes
The Treasure of San Javier by Coni B. - 8 episodes

Comedy
Villain Rehab by Caitoriri - 10 episodes
A Stab at Love by Stabby McStabpants - 3 episodes
Angel on Vacation by B612 Resident - 8 episodes
How To Stop Cupid’s Arrow by Lucky - 5 episodes

Fantasy
Fantastical: Black Shadow by Alex Af - 3 episodes
Cupid’s Arrow: Forbidden by Evil Ebonni - 5 episodes
Silhouettes by aprilish - 11 episodes, but totally worth the read

Romance
Out of Time by Alvar M. - 3 episodes
Anticipation, Participation by JasmineLilac - 8 episodes

Thriller
Magician’s Code by Isabella Costa - 3 episodes
Ghostwriter by Elise C - 5 episodes (or Maternal Instincts, hope the 11 episodes version still counts :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

@Sydney_H I did specifically ask people to promote good stories of other authors rather than their own, though (that some people chose to ignore it is another thing) But thanks for the tip.

Thank you, I’ll be checking these out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really quite keen for all the genres. The quality of the story is the most important :slight_smile: So, thrillers sound great! Thank you for all the suggestions. And if you remember more, I’ll be grateful.

And I do agree about the importance of reading what a person is asking for! :see_no_evil: I wouldn’t want to offend anyone or hurt their feelings. And I do understand that people strongly care about the stories that they have worked on so hard… But that is not what I asked for.

1 Like

Why was mine flagged? You ask for recommendations and that’s what I said? I never promoted my own story either. Just a little bit confused

Sorry, I wasn’t the one who flagged them. But if I remember correctly, none of the recommended stories were short or finished.

Two of the stories doesn’t have a lot of chapters and some of them do is that what you mean?
None of them was finished but a couple of them had over 18 chapters. But if I have made a mistake then hands up. My bad

Wow… what a good act… First you flag peoples post and then you tell that you dont want to offend someone or hurt their feelings…

1 Like

I have not flagged anyone’s posts. I just didn’t reply to the posts that did not meet what I asked for.

I’ve only replied to the moderator of the forums, when my post was moved into “Promote your story” sub, as it was not what I asked for to begin with. I am not really sure what else I could say on this topic.

1 Like

Title: Human Witchcraft
Author: Bertha
Description: The humans were never supposed to discover the witch world. When one of them crosses the line, Tyra will have to choose between her people safety, or that important human life.
Episodes: 3 & completed
Genre: Fantasy
Style: Limelight
Directing: Advanced
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4979834871283712
Instagram: @bertha_episode
Thank you so much!!! :heart_eyes: