Recording overlay not working

i’m doing a scene where there is a video being recorded and i’d like to use the RECORDING overlay but it’s not working. can someone lmk what spot to place it in for it to be perfectly next to the edges of the screen? when i do spot directing it doesn’t show up, i see the box around the overlay but not the overlay. not sure if that makes sense aha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Make the opacity visible. @overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1, plus if you’re talking about the RECORDING one in the portal, then it should be spotted automatically to 1 zone once it’s created.

okay thanks! i’ll try that when i get home

1 Like

What background are you using?

it’s still not showing :frowning_face:

1 Like

im using INT. TEEN SISTER’S BEDROOM - DAY

can we see ur script?

2 Likes

Ahahaha I was about to ask the same thing as I settled :rofl:

2 Likes

yes ofc!

script

@pan to zone 3

@RUE enters from left to screen center

@RUE walks to spot 0.704 144 245

@zoom on 770 323 to 182% in 0

@overlay RECORDING create

@overlay RECORDING opacity 1

lmk if you need more of it!

Try shifting it to 0 0 in zone 3. I think it’s currently defaulting to zone 1. So you’d just do

@overlay RECORDING shifts to 0 0 in zone 3

Sometime after the create command :slight_smile:

1 Like

that didn’t work :frowning_face:

One moment, I think I have an idea of why it’s not showing?

1 Like

Try this:

INT. TEEN SISTER’S BEDROOM - DAY
@pan to zone 3

@overlay RECORDING shifts to 0 0 in zone 3 and overlay RECORDING scales to .574 .574

1 Like

okay i THINK that worked but i cant see the entire overlay i just see a little c on the side of the screen

(the c wasnt there before)

Okay, hmmm. You’ll need to scale it yourself, then. The basic breakdown here though, which I didn’t notice before, is because of your zoom. I tried to get the recording overlay to work as a ui (which makes things more ideal), but was unsuccessful. If you want, I can duplicate it and make it so it works as a ui (which would actually probably be more beneficial). All you’d need to do is download it and upload it to your portal. I can edit the coding (it’s very simple :relaxed:)

If you just want to scale it, go to helpers via the web previewer, then click spot directing, then click “change overlay” and “switch tool” :slight_smile:

1 Like

The issue is because of the zoom. Try doing this:

@ui RECORDING create and ui RECORDING opacity 1

@pan to zone 3

1 Like

I had tried that, the overlay didn’t show up as a ui.

Edited it. Removed the shift. With ui, you don’t need to add the zone.

1 Like

Silly me hhahah you’re totally right too :see_no_evil:

I’m just tried this but I had to take the 2, 3, and 4th lines out because I wanted her to come in the frame and it to pan and everything before the overlay was created, but it didn’t work. is there any way you could modify that to make it work without her coming in and the pan and everything after the overlay is created?