Relationship Advice

Take it from me people, I’m speaking from my personal experience, NEVER, and I mean NEVER get in a relationship with your best friend…
The end result is never good…
:broken_heart:

14 Likes

At the end you’re gonna lose both. We all know that a relationship doesn’t last for a life time. :confused:

If you wanna talk with someone about it please send me a message. It’ll make you feel better if you talk to someone :pleading_face:.

2 Likes

I lost that person today who was my world for last 5 years, we shared everything and now it’s all over… it feels like it all was a dream and now reality, a nightmare, is starting…

5 Likes

oh no! that’s so hard! Take deep breaths and remind yourself that you will be ok, that this may be hard now but if you keep thinking about it it will only get harder. Soon enough this will all be something in the past. Take care of yourself, spoil yourself a little bit, and keep your head up. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

If you need someone to talk to PM me, I’m a great listener

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that things didn’t work out between you two :pleading_face:
If you need someone to talk to, I’m willing to listen! My best friend from high school and I considered dating at one point so I can kind of understand the struggle.
I hope you find comfort and healing very soon! :heart:

3 Likes

I actually can use someone to relate to my heartbreak, it just hurts so freaking bad :sob:

2 Likes

I’ve lost so many awesome people because dating ruined what we had, best friends are 100% off limits for me at this point :sneezing_face:

4 Likes

Feel free to PM me and we can talk it out! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Actually that’s not true. Some people get married. They always say that relationships that started off as friends last longer.

2 Likes

Well, I got with my best friend and at the beginning we were fine. But after a month or something he started face timing me all the fckn time. At first I thought it was fine because we were giving each other attention you know… but I found out it’s not healthy at all. We were constantly fighting and arguing for the dumbest reason and my pea brain didn’t realize that it was because we were giving each other too much attention. My mun realized it after a while but it was too late cause we already broke up. But I hope you know our relationship was very serious (he was my first everything and we visited each other’s houses very often). When we broke up we didn’t speak for 2 weeks but it was a break we both needed. Now we’re friends again and we speak once or twice a week. Can anyone give me some advice? How should I act towards him when schools open? :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

Just act normal.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t really want to cause unnecessary drama

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me like EVERYTHING you said is my story with him except first everything, we hadn’t gone that far, but it’s hard to deal with the fact that I lost my best friend in all this dating crap :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Oh no… I feel your pain! I hope you’re better now :pleading_face:
I always say everything happens for a reason and I hope this experience made you stronger. :heart:

2 Likes

Break ups are hard, especially with how close you guys were. I’ve been through it and it was tough, couldn’t stop crying for a few weeks. After a month, I couldn’t cry anymore but I was still sad. In order to keep me from being sad all the time, I distracted myself with work and believe it or not, episode lol. Anyways this isn’t about me…

I just want to tell you, it gets better. I know right now, it doesn’t look like it but you will. One day you will wake up and feel better! But in order for you to get there, feel whatever you need to feel. Bottling it up won’t do you good, it’ll make you getting over it worse. Surround yourself with your friends and family, you will need their love and support. You will be okay, we are here for you! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Your friends, right? But how friendly are you guys now? Like how do you guys act when you are together?

It really depends on how you guys are now. If it’s still awkward, I would say just limit your interaction with saying “hi” or keeping the convo short. If it’s comfortable, just act normal. I really don’t like the saying “just act normal” because what is normal when you are friends with someone you once had feelings for?? I guess just let the interaction flow if you are comfortable with each other. Don’t force anything, don’t overthink it. Hopefully that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She’s hurt right now. She can say how she feels about dating your best friend whether you think it’s true or not.

I’m currently dating my best friend. We’ve known each other since 2017, started officially dating last year. I think we are in a better place in our life that a relationship would be good for us. Of course we can’t predict the future but right now, we are good. His best friend has been married to his best friend for almost 6 years, they’ve known each other since high school (which is around 15 years ago).

Sometimes dating your best friend can be good or bad. It just depends if it’s worth it and if you can make it as a couple. I do agree with you that being good friends make the relationship last longer but it’s not always true for every couple.

2 Likes

Well, I noticed that he’s a bit narcissistic these past few weeks :thinking:
But I guess we’re comfortable with each other since we still talk about our relationship… which kinda confuses me tbh. I mean, he’s the one that told me we shouldn’t mention it! But I kinda accepted the fact that we’re never going to be the same and I won’t force anything. Thank you so much for the advice :relaxed:

2 Likes

Guys are confusing creatures lol. I really think you should do what’s best for you, not for you two, just you. If you don’t like the way he’s acting or what he’s saying, give yourself space.

You’re very welcome! I’m here if you ever want to talk! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m here too :relaxed:

3 Likes