Relaxers, Texturisers, & more!

Yeah aight.

Let’s talk about relaxers! Did you get one? Or did you transition in the end? Do you still have one?

Do you hate relaxers? Did you get those scabs from it? Did it burn when putting it on to your hair? :laughing:

Share your stories below!

6 Likes

My mother would never let me get a relaxer. :joy: Ever.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten about 3 relaxers done in my hair already, It doesnt hurt it didn’t really damage my hair and I see nothing wrong with it :woman_shrugging:

whats that?

1 Like

Chemicals people can put in their hair to change the texture of their hair (curly and straight)

1 Like

I got relaxers before and it broke my beautiful hair off :sob:
from this day, my hair still have yet to reach the length is used to be at.

3 Likes

oh okay.

1 Like

Still get my hair relaxed :joy: gonna do it again in a month,. Doesn’t damage my hair at all, my hair is still very long and only growing longer. But I don’t leave relaxer in very long

Kind of wanna go natural but then I cant imagine dealing with super thick 4C hair and I’m also way to afraid to cut off the hair I already have.

Dont come for me :eyes:

1 Like

technically it does damage the hair, to make it straight

2 Likes

Technically yeah it does but I meant in terms of breakage or bald spots. I was talking about things that were visible, my bad :upside_down_face:

nah its cool lol

2 Likes

My hair was relaxed basically nearly all my life
I started to transition from relaxed to natural in 2015 and ended up fully being natural in the summer of 2016. So I was 17 when I became fully natural. I’m not gonna lie, there have been times where I almost went back to relaxing my hair since everything dries up my hair and whenever I detangle my hair, it always knots back up before I have even put the comb down lol but then I remember the transitioning process and tell myself that I do not want to go through all that again. Plus I like how my hair looks and how much it’s grown

3 Likes

The last one had me dead :skull:

I never really went to hairdressers as I always go to an auntie from my church to braid my hair. But I remember there was a point in time where I started going to hairdressers for a while and I realised that a lot of the hairdressers would trick people with natural hair into relaxing their hair and because I never knew that their was natural hair and relaxed hair I never paid much attention to it

I used to LOVE perms!!! Until about 2 years ago a perm broke my hair off in the back and forced me to go natural. I only got a scab from perms once. Now that I’m natural I don’t see how I’ve been getting perms this whole time and will never go back! And it would depend on whether I scratched my head the day before if my perms would burn. Idk why my head never itched until I decided I was going to perm my hair the next day. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.