Remake a Broadway musical and movie for episode

I have a great idea for my second story on Episode I want to remake or revamp the Broadway musical and movie Gypsy in ink I have physically played the late burlesque queen Gypsy Rose Lee several times in USO shows over the years . I believe that this could be a Episode Hit can you tell me how I go about getting therproper documents to revise it for episode

1 Like

I believe you can’t remake a movie, a musical, a (basically copyrighted stuff) and you can only vaguely mention something, but you can’t actually make a whole episode story about it. However…
maybe Episode isn’t taking their rules seriously because I have seen remakes of books or movies on episode such as The Selection or Twilight…?
@JemU776 sorry to bother you, can you help? I believe you know the Episode guidelines better than I do.

4 Likes

Yes, @CinnamonToast is correct, you aren’t allowed to recreate or have the same characters as a musical, book, etcetera etcetera. But lately, episode hasn’t really been following their guidelines and policies, as they say in their policies that a story may not premote raping, anything sexual or racist, etc, yet they have stories like ‘…in my bed’ and all that.

2 Likes

Ok ty so much I’m gonna do a modern adaptation of Gypsy called Hello world my name is Rose what’s yours

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

On a side note, feel free to check out our Content Guidelines or ask the support team if you have any questions about what is allowed in an Episode story. :smiley:

1 Like

@CinnamonToast you’re right :wink:
P.S You’re being too modest, I am sure we both know the content guidelines equally ; ) Don’t be unsure when you answer, be confident! :smile:
You’re very smart ^^

Also to the user who created this thread, check out this: Content Guidelines

It may help you :sunglasses:

1 Like

My story on episode is an adaptation of the play 12th night by Shakespeare. The character names are the same, but the plot is different and it recently got featured on a shelf. I believe you can do plays, just not movies or tv shows or books.

1 Like

Shakespeare is in the public domain and many modern works are adaptations of his plays. Adaptations of works written in 1923 and after 1923 are still subject to copyright.