Remember choice for further chapters + gaining relationship point with other character

Hi!

I might be too ambitious for my own sake and I constantly do it :roll_eyes:buuuut… I need some help from one of you, experienced coders.

For example:
Jane just met John.

Choice 1: She thinks he’s attractive, gains +1 point in the romantic relationship + it opens the possibility for future romance. In the next chapters, if the reader gains enough points through the story Jane gets to hear “I love you” from John, if not they only get to kiss or if it’s super-low they break up.

Choice 2: Jane thinks John is cool. They become friends, the reader doesn’t gain a romantic relationship point and no possibility for romance in the future. She gains points towards the friendship and if it’s high enough he would help her with an important task.

Please, if somebody could drop some advice, template or/and some info I would greatly appreciate it :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I’d suggest doing two separate point systems if I’m reading this right.

One for romance, one for friendship. You can either add points directly to the LI, or other characters named ROMANCE and FRIENDSHIP. You need two different characters nonetheless. Later on you’d want to do something like…

if (ROMANCE>x){
Your outcome here.
} elif (ROMANCE<x){
Your outcome here.
}else{
Your outcome here.
*NOT a required branch to have.
}

Same thing for friendship…

if (FRIENDSHIP>x){
Your outcome here.
} elif (FRIENDSHIP<x){
Your outcome here.
}else{
Your outcome here.
*NOT a required branch to have.
}

Where “x” is the amount of points the reader has. I hope this helps you out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oooh! Thank you so much, it helped me a lot! I’ll try how it works tommorrow when I’ll continue writing current chapter :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

In addition to the other post, you can also compare them against each other when you want to:

if (FRIENDSHIP>ROMANCE){
#Scene here for more friendship points than romance points.
}elif (FRIENDSHIP<ROMANCE){
#Scene here for more romance points than friendship points.
}else{
#Scene here for an equal amount of friendship and romance points.
}
2 Likes

Thank you so much! It helped me a lot to understand the point system Episode uses in terms of relationships.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.