Remember Past Choices Not Working

Heyy, I’m having trouble remembering my past choices guys. My story is in Ink style and I’ve checked by now a thousand times my script but I do not find what’s wrong about it. Some helpppp: :sweat_smile::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I have something like this:

LUCIA
(But after reading Pride and Prejudice, watching that loveless ceremony made my little heart hurt.)
(I felt…)
choice (HELENAMARRIAGE)
“Angry.”{

}“It’s our duty.”{

}

AND THEN:

if (HELENAMARRIAGE is “Angry”) {

} else {

}

you forgot to add the gain

How so, gain? Could u correct my script in order to show me :thinking:

LUCIA
(But after reading Pride and Prejudice, watching that loveless ceremony made my little heart hurt.)
(I felt…)
choice (HELENAMARRIAGE)
“Angry.”{
gain LUCIA_is_angry

}“It’s our duty.”{
gain its_our_duty

}

AND THEN:

if (LUCIA_is_angry) {
(scene)
}
if (its_our_duty {
(scene)
}

it should working now

Thank you! I’m going to try it! Just one thing. As I only have two options, do I need to write “if” two times? Or at the condition “if (its_our_duty)” I can just write “else”?

well on my experience i never tried to write else, i just writed if but you can try to write else

Hmm, as u never tried, I’m gonna, just to see and then I’ll let u know :wink: Tkss

alright !

1 Like

She is not using gain . But choice. Which is another Way to do it

1 Like

Nops, it doesn’t seem to work with “else”. But the rest works so thank u :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hmmm yahh that’s what I thoight, but if so, what is wrong with the script? :thinking:

no problem :smile:

1 Like

Sorry cant help are on my phone so cant look it up in my script

No problem, for now I manage to use the gain method to solve it, but still want to understand what was happening. Tk u as well :kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

1 Like

I will look at it tommorow if no one els has

1 Like

Thank you so much :grin:

1 Like

so i looked up on youtuber on how to remember choice without gain and i just remember the video by joseph evans of gains and there were 2 methods and now i understand more the thing with HELENAMARRIAGE is “Angry” here the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHlp-NgaOYw&t=144s

1 Like

Yahh, that’s the video I watched in order to learn how to do the past choices, but still don’t get why my script is wrong. Can we only use this second method in LL?

#For this:
if (HELENAMARRIAGE is “Angry.”) {

You forgot the period (.) after Angry. When you’re choosing the choice name method to remember choices, EVERYTHING needs to match exactly.

1 Like