Remembering an outfit choice for next episode

I’m currently using Dara’s dressing game. I’d like for the outfit choices to be remembered for the next episode but I have no idea how to do that even having read a bunch of other posts about remembering and creating choices. here’s the code and my outfit names. Can anyone help me add them in an also tell me what I need to add to the next episode in order for it to remember?

Outfit names: MCPARTY1, MCPARTY2, & MCPARTY3

SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS {

&ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT create and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT shifts to 215 340 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT to layer 5
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT create and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT shifts to 215 265 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT to layer 5
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP create and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP shifts to 215 170 in zone 1 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP to layer 5

tappable
“ARROW_TAP_LEFT” {
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
goto arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
} “ARROW_TAP_RIGHT” {
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
goto arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
@MC =1
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME BELOW TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############
@MC changes into MCPARTY1

tappable
“ARROW_TAP_LEFT” {
} “ARROW_TAP_RIGHT” {
goto arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
} “HEART_CHECK_TAP” {
goto arrow_outfit_check_x
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
@MC =2
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############
@MC changes into MCPARTY2

tappable
“ARROW_TAP_LEFT” {
} “ARROW_TAP_RIGHT” {
} “HEART_CHECK_TAP” {
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
@MC =3
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############
@MC changes into MCPARTY3

tappable
“ARROW_TAP_LEFT” {
} “ARROW_TAP_RIGHT” {
} “HEART_CHECK_TAP” {
}

label arrow_outfit_check_x
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0.1
@MC is primp_neutral
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
“Yes!” {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit
@MC is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera
} “No, let me try a different outfit.” {
&MC starts idle
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
if (MC =1) {
} elif (MC =2) {
} else {
}
}

SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS }

It looks like you’ll have to use points to remember the outfits as points are used in this dressing game.
if(MC=3){
Script for outfit with 3 points
}elif(MC=2){
script for outfit with 2 points
}elif(MC=1){
script with outfit for 1 point
}
else{
}
Just a quick example of how I would probably do it
Apologies I haven’t coded for a while lol
I’m sure @Dara.Amarie has an answer for this though!

1 Like

Forget the points. If it were me, I’d add gains after the outfit choices (i.e. gain outfit_1). Make everything a lot easier.

2 Likes

If you know what you’re doing yes, it could make it easier. But if you add the gain in the wrong spot, everything gets messed up. You can’t do that with points unless you reuse them before the next episode

2 Likes

Like @Jade.epi said above, that template uses the point system. There is already an if/elif/else built in the template that you would use. It’s at the bottom of the template. This bolded part:

1 Like

Thank you so much. So I would just copy and paste that bold part into the next episode?

Yes just replace those “goto arrow_labels” with the outfit changing commands.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.