Remembering choices issue

No matter what I did it always went to the white dress, so i just deleted the whole thing :cry:

Thanks so much for trying to help me fix this issue

Aww…that’s sad , but your profile look cute😍
Hope you don’t get this baddy error again in your script :hugs:

1 Like

I strongly recommend to check your gains on the app and reset your story progress every time you want to test if they work properly.

I was trying both, my chrome book and the app on my phone, it did the same thing.

I’ll try remembering choices in another chapter and hopefully it will work out, if not, I will just give up on those :weary:

Did you make sure that the character only gained the dress when she chose the “Yes, I want to wear this” option? That might be the issue.

Yes, but for some reason it always went to the one dress not the one I chose when proofing… I also changed them around and whatever color dress was left for the else is the one it chose

Try this:

label outfitchoice

NARRATOR
What do you want to wear?

choice
“Silver Dress” {
@JADE changes into JADE_silverdress

NARRATOR
Do you like this outfit?

choice
“Yes” {
gain silver_dress

} “No” {
goto outfitchoice
}

} “Blue Dress” {
@JADE changes into JADE_bluedress

NARRATOR
Do you like this outfit?

choice
“Yes” {
gain blue_dress

} “No” {
goto outfitchoice
}

} “White Dress” {
@JADE changes into JADE_whitedress

NARRATOR
Do you like this outfit?

choice
“Yes” {
gain white_dress

} “No” {
goto outfitchoice
}
}

Then:

if (silver_dress) {
@JADE changes into JADE_silverdress
} elif (blue_dress) {
@JADE changes into JADE_bluedress
} else {
@JADE changes into JADE_whitedress
}

Test on the app, click on Navigation and Reset Story Progress

I did, it still went to the white dress even though I chose different, I deleted the whole scene :frowning:

Did you reset your story progress?

Yes, everytime I make a change I always hit save.

when she says reset your story progress, she means go in the app, open your story, then: navigation > reset story progress.

I did said that :thinking:

yeah she kept mixing up “reset story progress” with saving your script so i was just telling her she is misunderstanding your directions. i was saying you were right, i was just telling her how to get to the button that lets you reset. :blush:

Oh, yes sorry :joy: I didn’t notice her response.

1 Like

it’s all good :wink: :joy:

1 Like

No I didn’t do that.

Do that :smiley: it will work! :slight_smile:

I reset the progress but it started me back at chapter 1.
I will go through them all and see if it worked!

So I reset the progress and tried a new gain but it still always, no matter what choice I pick when proofing always goes to the else choice… I’m not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can’t get these gains figured out correctly :thinking: