Remembering Choices Not Working

I have been having this problem for the past 3 days or so. I’m trying to make my episode remember a choice the reader has made, but when I put in the CORRECT SCRIPT for remembering choices it doesn’t work. It goes to where the two choices meet. Here are screenshots of my script:

Can you post more of your script here?

Assuming you have used gains. How many choices are there?

1 Like

can you show the choice. necause for this i can not even tell what you are doing right or wrong cause i cant see anything .and evry picture look the same

any way it shall look like this

choice (this_choice)
“1” {

}
“2” {

}

if (this_choice “1”) {

}
if (this_choice “2”) {

}

I believe Raven is using gains so:

choice
“Choice1” {
gain chose_pass
}

if (chose_pass) {
}

Trying to post more screenshots. Sorry I have a slow computer just a second please

Sorry if they are hard to see. I put gain_chose_get_a_cute_makeover but I didn’t do gain on the pass choice. Is that the problem? And I only did two choices.

I don’t think you need the first underscore:
gain chose_get_a_cute_makeover

Yes you need to have a gain for chose_pass.
However, if there are no other choices, it should be an else statement and you don’t need the second gain.

I got rid of the first underscore and it gave me an error. I added the gain_pass and previewed it and it still went to where the two branches connect

That’s weird.

Try clearing your gains each time you preview.

I took out the gains and it did not work

You reset right? Not removing from your script?

I removed them from my script. What does reset mean and how do I do it?

Story Modifiers - Flags - Remove all gained flags.

EG:
In my example, I selected “Skin Tone”. I gained TestA. It is highlighted. To remove it, I have to click on it.

Check if any of yours are highlighted. And remove them. Then preview again.

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this involves coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

None of them are highlighted but, when I clicked on flags there was one that said
chose_get_a_cute_makeover
and another that said
chose_getacutemakeover