Remembering choices- not working?

Hi hoping someone can help,

So my character picks an outfit and goes to an event where another character she doesn’t like is wearing the same color as her.
Now I’ve done all the remembering choices (correctly) and it seems to work fine if the player just selects one (without browsing the other two) but if they do browse the other two choices before making their selection (which most users do.) it defaults back to the first option? leaving my character miss -matching?

The only I can think to solve this is by showing the user all three outfits first then giving them the option to choose after this.
Is it a glitch or am I missing something?

Hi. Can you show me the script?

Hi,
sure. Here’s the script (it’s split up because I have customization and dialogue in between.)

Do you have another choice after you choose an outfit that let’s you go back and choose another outfit? If so, readers will gain all of those gains if they try on all of the outfits so you will need to change the format of your dressing game:

1 Like

If your reader clicks on each option, they will gain all of the flags, which will make if (chose_girly) always true, regardless of whether that was the outfit that they chose. I would recommend using the points system as follows (this will require creating new characters, but they can be randomly generated and never used, or background characters):

choice "Girly glam" {
@GLAM =1
@DARK =0
@ALT =0
@ANSWER walks to screen center in zone 1
@ANSWER changes into ANSWERGLAM1
@ANSWER walks to screen center in zone 2
@pause for 2
} "Dark and sexy" {
@GLAM =0
@DARK =1
@ALT =0
@ANSWER changes into ANSWERDARK
@pause for 2
} "Alternate angel" {
@GLAM =0
@DARK =0
@ALT =1
@ANSWER changes into ANSWERALT
@pause for 2
}

These values will be reset, so that the reader will only have one option selected.
Then update the later code to something like this:

if (GLAM = 1) {
@JESSICA changes into FLAGGLAM
} elif (DARK = 1) {
@JESSICA changes into FLAGDARK
} elif (ALT = 1) {
@JESSICA changes into FLAGALT
}

You could also move the second layer of choices (“are you sure…”) to inside the first choice and place the gains inside the second layer.

1 Like

Ah solutions! And That is why I love the forum!
Thanks guys :smiley:

in this it would be better to use if instead of gain.

so soulution is remove the gain and do this

choice (something_something)
“1” {

}
“2” {

}

if (something_something is “1”) {

}
else {

}

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.