Remembering choices question...?

I want choices for a future dressing game to be remembered.
Example:
3 outfits for a choice, each are bathing suits, and each starts off with shorts that cover them a little, so at one point the character will remove the shorts to get into the water (remember outfit part 1) then it will get cold, and she’ll throw on a loose jacket (remember outfit part 2).

I’ve had choices this far, but none have been remembered so I don’t know how many times I can use a remember code for the same thing…I hope this makes sense lol. Please help lol.

2 Likes

To have your outfit choices remembered you’ll need to add gains. For example…

choice “OUTFIT1” {
gain outfit1
@MC changes into OUTFIT1
} “OUTFIT2” {
gain outfit2
@MC changes into OUTFIT2
}

#scene

if (outfit1) {
@MC changes into OUTFIT1
}
if (outfit2) {
@MC changes into OUTFIT2
}

Hope this helps! :smile:

2 Likes

you can use gains (like what @GloomySquid said above me) or you can use the point system. this is what i tend to do, that way i don’t have to write down every outfit gain’s name. if you’re unfamiliar with the point system, you’ll have to create a character called “OUTFIT” or whatever you want to refer to the outfit choice as

this is the code i use for when i'm giving the reader the option to choose their outfit

NARR
What do you want to wear?
choice
“Outfit 1”{
@ OUTFIT =1
@ MC changes into outfit_1
goto after_outfit
}
“Outfit 2”{
@ OUTFIT =2
@ MC changes into outfit_2
}
“Outfit 3”{
@ OUTFIT =3
@ MC changes into outfit_3
}
label after_outfit

this is the code i use when i want the outfit to be remembered in future episodes

if (OUTFIT =1){
@ MC changes into outfit_1
goto after_MC_outfit
}
elif (OUTFIT =2){
@ MC changes into outfit_2
goto after_MC_outfit
}
elif (OUTFIT =3){
@ MC changes into outfit_3
goto after_MC_outfit
}
label after_MC_outfit

you can use this for pretty much any remembered choice btw, not only just for outfits! :relaxed:

i hope this helps! Dara Amarie’s website is also incredibly helpful for things like this.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I’m feeling like I should give Dara’s stuff a look, I don’t think this will be hard, but it is a bit overwhelming since this will be the first time I use the remembering choices codes.

1 Like

of course, no problem! i understand how overwhelming it can be. but i will say that Dara’s website and Joseph Evans’ YouTube videos taught me everything i know. there’s a lot of people more than willing to help if you have any questions, too!