Reporting a Story -- Introducing Tyler from the Reader Team

Before I open the blurred content I knew it would be sarcastic. :joy:

Anyway, welcome @Tyler!

3 Likes

Not sarcastic at all. Unfortunately, thereā€™s a lot of clutter on the app. I canā€™t wait to clean it all up, one inappropriate story at a time :v:

3 Likes

So true. :sweat:

1 Like

Hey Amberose :wave: Congratulations on making the recent shelf! :wink:

When it comes to swearing, we allow ~5 per chapter as long as the word choice isnā€™t too severe and also depending on the context. But for a characterā€™s name, weā€™d run into issues, since it would appear on screen every time the character spoke.

If thereā€™s a specific name you have in mind, I can give a better answer.

8 Likes

Thanks Tyler - oh and double thank you :laughing:

I will pm you because the word Iā€™m thinking is one Iā€™ve seen flagged on forums before so I know itā€™s a bad oneā€¦ :eyes:

5 Likes

@Tyler, Iā€™ve heard you can only use 5 song lyrics. Does that mean you can only use 5 song lyrics in an entire story or can you have 5 song lyrics per episode?

2 Likes

If you think something might be a violation please DM Tyler with the specifics. If it is a hypotheticalā€¦ send a ticket.

1 Like

Hey MoreTeaMustBeSpilled!

Youā€™ll find your answer here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005308473-Songs-and-fair-use

• A maximum of five (5) lines of lyrics per song, per chapter is allowed. Characters may sing these or they can appear coming out of audio/video devices, speakers, etc.
  • Note that these 5 lines cannot be shown as being sung by or spoken by the real artists/people or copyright characters associated with the song/lyrics.

Please send a ticket if you have TOS questions guys or theyā€™ll send me back to the dungeons :pray:

7 Likes

Again, this is not about defining TOS violations. This about reporting TOS violations. In DM. These types of questions need to asked within a ticket. Unless you are reporting a story that has this violation or you think might. Then you may DM @Tyler or send a ticket.

2 Likes

welcome @Tyler :relaxed::wave:t3: good luck

I feel so sorry for you, for going through some of the inappropriate stories :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks Tessx! :wave:

I might be scarred for life :crazy_face:

15 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Tyler! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a great time!:grin:

Anyways, the best of luck to your blessed soul.:innocent:

3 Likes

R.I.P. to your DMs @Tyler

Welcome~

7 Likes

Surprisingly not getting that many :eyes:

yet

7 Likes

Itā€™s the calm before the storm :rofl: Your presence probably hasnā€™t reached the bulk of the community yet aka Instagram.

Unless there really isnā€™t that many stories to report which I highly doubt.

7 Likes

:shield: Iā€™m ready :crossed_swords:

Iā€™ll be out thurs/fri, so Iā€™m looking forward to a full inbox come saturday

7 Likes

Welcome @Tyler
Curiosity/Clarification/Confirmation

Stories that have been featured/are featured have been thoroughly reviewed and are in compliance with Episode guidelines.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya AnnieAEpisode

Thank you for your question!

Featured stories have been thoroughly reviewed before we put them up, but authors can always change things after theyā€™ve been shelved or add new chapters with violating content.

So if you notice anything suspiciously or obviously rule breaking on featured stories, theyā€™re fair game to report to me o7

Please go easy on me :pray:

Cheers

8 Likes

Welcome to forums @Tyler!! Or welcome to being a mod, orā€¦you know what I meanā€¦

2 Likes

Welcome @Tyler ! Oof, best of luck on clearing up all those inappropriate stories :sweat_smile:

6 Likes