Reread a story?

Hi, I’m new to both the Episodes app and this Forum, please excuse me if I’m posting in the wrong place…
:crazy_face::thinking::wink:

I’d like to know how to reread a story that I’ve finished so I can try out different options along the way. Is this possible? If so, how? I couldn’t find a way to restart a story I finished. Also, if this is possible, are my previous purchases saved?

Thanks in advance!

:heart:JJ

You can!!! So, go to the story, but only click on it once, so it has the small cover, the description, etc. Click on the three-dots icon and an option saying replay should show up. I’m in class right now but I can send you screenshots later if you are still confused!

1 Like

Got it! Thanks @J_B!!:heart::grin::heart:

Will my previous purchases be saved? Not sure I want to do this if I’m going to stick with some choices and have to buy the same clothes again…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They will

1 Like

Hello @JustJordan, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley: I’ve moved this thread to Episode Fan Community since it’s not a game. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @Sydney_H! I appreciate you moving my topic to the appropriate place, I went through the tutorial rather thoroughly, but didn’t find a breakdown list describing the purpose of each forum category. Does something like this exist?

I made a guess here that “Game” referred to the Episodes app as a game, clearly I was wrong and should have read the other posts in this topic first, lesson learned…:heart::wink::heart:

I’m wondering something else, is it possible to repeat the last chapter completed instead of needing to finish the book and start over? I ask because this feature exists on another “choose your own adventure” app that I use.

:heart:JJ

Hi @Sydney_H,

So, I just reread a story and it was a lot of fun to make different choices!:tada: There’s just one thing which didn’t feel fair… for the chapters I spent Gems in the second time around it only seemed right that I should have earned a Gem in return. It’s not only about fairness, it’s also about encouraging Episode readers to try the same story twice and showing a little customer appreciation for it, which is something I didn’t feel.:pensive:

Overall, when it comes to sharing Gems and customer appreciation Episodes falls short of what the competition offers… I can’t imagine I’ll be able to get the powers that be to change anything, but I’d like to at least try. I hope to keep this app but without some incentives from Episodes I’ll have to stick with some of their more generous counterparts. Which topic should I use to post my own suggestions for Episodes to share more Gems, one where others can contribute their ideas and feelings about the matter?
:gem::gem::gem:

:heart:Thanks

Cc: @J_B @lale

1 Like

I’m having trouble finding it can you help me?

Does re-reading a story help the author gain reads? I have been wondering about it for long time now