Reset story progress makes my app crash?

So I have two stories I’m working on, and this happens for both of them, so it’s not just one. I want to reset my story progress because script issues (i.e., layering) that don’t show up in the writing portal preview show up on the app preview (rn, my only script errors are waiting for backgrounds to be approved). Any time I hit “reset story progress” in the app, the app crashes! It’s super frustrating.

I’ve tried scouring the forums for a solution, but I can’t really find one. Is there anything I can do to fix this? TIA! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

It’s been happening to me for months. So annoying!

3 Likes

I have had the same problem and it resolved itself. I reccomend screenshoting your details and filing a support ticket, you can find a link to one in @/Sydney_H’s bio.

2 Likes

Details as in my account details, or screenshots of the issues? Thanks! (:

I mean you can’t really screenshot the problem since it is not really something you can screenshot. I mean your account details because it will ask you for them so instead of going into the app multiple times you have the screenshot, it will also help in the future if you get locked out.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! (:

I’ve had this same issue for over a year on all my stories whether 3 chapters or 15. They gave me suggestions that flat out didn’t work, after a long back and forth they explained it was a known issue and they’re working on it. But it’s been ages. Got a new phone and it still happens. Update Script also used to cause it but that’s been fixed now, but I don’t know exactly when that started working again.

@bakedpotato you said your issue resolved itself? Like it just…stopped happening? Please give me the magic skills cuz I need this resolved LOL.

1 Like

I hate when they end up saying that. Like why did you make me go through all this waiting for you to tell me that. And yeah after awhile it just brought me out of the story rather than the whole app which is much better in my opinion. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Aw man, that sucks to hear! I’ll submit a ticket and hope something magical happens :joy:
And yeah, if this has been an issue for a while, what’s taking them so long to fix it?? :thinking:

1 Like

It might be really hard issue to fix, that is what I am hoping because the same thing goes for many issues especially for android users such as *cough * Fanmail *cough *.

2 Likes