Restore unsaved chapter data

Hi guys,
I was just writing on my story (the chapter had about 2500 lines). While doing so I somehow managed to accidentally mark all lines and by typing the next letter everything was gone.
You can imagine how shocked I am!
I’ve been writing day and night because there is a lot of advanced directing, OLs etc included, which takes time.
I know that there is no real possibility to restore an unsaved chapter, other than the ‘See all Previous Revisions’-Button. But somehow there are only the first 200 lines from a week ago saved.
The only other entry is from today (which would be perfect), but it says some code I don’t understand.
Can someone tell me what it means or if there is any data I can restore?
It says:

{“line”: 0, “traceback”: “Traceback (most recent call last):\n File “/base/data/home/apps/s~pg-story/1.434444961894172972/donacode/parse_util.py”, line 149, in parse_string\n nodes = do_parse(s, context, script_sanitized)\n File “/base/data/home/apps/s~pg-story/1.434444961894172972/donacode/parse_util.py”, line 78, in do_parse\n raw_nodes = Y.parse(source, lexer=L)\n File “/base/data/home/apps/s~pg-story/1.434444961894172972/externals/ply/yacc.py”, line 331, in parse\n return self.parseopt_notrack(input, lexer, debug, tracking, tokenfunc)\n File “/base/data/home/apps/s~pg-story/1.434444961894172972/externals/ply/yacc.py”, line 1181, in parseopt_notrack\n tok = call_errorfunc(self.errorfunc, errtoken, self)\n File “/base/data/home/apps/s~pg-story/1.434444961894172972/externals/ply/yacc.py”, line 193, in call_errorfunc\n r = errorfunc(token)\n File “/base/data/home/apps/s~pg-story/1.434444961894172972/donacode/parser.py”, line 3033, in p_error\n lineno, ‘Unable to save an empty script’)\nParserError: Unable to save an empty script\n”, “type”: “ParserError”, “message”: “Unable to save an empty script”, “label”: “”}

I’m loosing my mind, someone please help me!
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much you have done to try and restore, but if you haven’t touched anything you can do ctrl + z to undo, like in a text document.

2 Likes

if you saved it you can find it on the left bottom See All Previous Revisions

1 Like

It may work with ctrl+z

1 Like

Ohhh censored!! I’ve closed the browser without saving because I thought if I don’t save the progress (aka deleting everything) then my script would appear like the last time I saved it- somehow that didn’t work but that’s the reason why everything is gone and maybe also the reason why your shortcut won’t work. :(((
Nevertheless, thank you so much for your hel- the next time I’ll know what to do…
In the meantime, do you have any other ideas? Probably not but it’s worth asking

1 Like

I’ve saved it a thousand times since last week- otherwise it wouldn’t be able to preview nor to close the browser at night, but somehow there are only two entries.

I don’t think this will work, but maybe it’s worth a try.

do ctrl + shift + t to bring up the tab again
and then do ctrl z

IF you have done a bunch of commands since I don’t think it’ll do anything though :frowning:

I’ve tried that before, but it always opens the blank chapter because that’s the latest one :frowning:

That’s a real bummer…

I’m out of ideas then.
I would try and write to episode support.
They might be able to help you get back to an earlier version.

Awesome idea! I’ll do that, thanks!

1 Like

if you are in the episode on the left side it should say: See All Previous Revisions. if you have saved your progress before it should show it there.

For some reason there are only two entries:
one is a week old and the other from a few hours ago.
The one from today only contains the weird code I posted.
And of course I saved my chapter, I save it every few minutes and before I shut down my laptop I click the save-it button at least 3 times because I was always so paranoid that something like this could happen.
Do you know why it isn’t saved in the See All Previous Revisions-section?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.