Reverse Speed-Dating ~ Official RP

Avery || 3-B || Atlas

It all passed by so quickly and yet again the bell was rung. That damn man-child up front. What was his name again? Ehhhhh. A new man was seated in front of him now. He was quite attractive too. But wasn’t everyone here in one way or another? Tamara certainly was— Wait. No thinking about her at the moment. She was probably meeting new people. Just like he was supposed to be. He snapped back to attention and looked again at the man in front of him. Avery smiled and managed a wave. “Hey,” he started. “I’m Avery Hartford, 25. Anything you want to know, just ask,” he said with a little shrug, running one hand through his hair.
@ScarletSwanHunter

2 Likes

TJ Charles || Table 9 - A to 8 - C
TJ’s newfound confidence wavered a little as the new girl introduced herself, “Charlotte. I am doing good. It’s nice to meet new people, even though I am not a big fan of what’s happening here, right now. How about you?”
He tried to regain it but was unsuccessful. “…Uh, yeah, how 'bout that. It feels like a prison cell, which I never wanted to experience… and still don’t.” He paused a moment and looked around at the others. “Who are you here with?”

@jiya.episode - Charlotte Black

2 Likes

Ross Freeman || Table 12 - D
Ross smiled seeing Adrian’s interest in his photography. “Thanks. I love taking photos like these.” Ross also sighed as the bell rang again. It had been the best conversation he had gotten to have the whole time he had been there. Before even taking into account how cute Ross thought Adrian was. “I will definitely have to show you sometime, so I’ll see you around.” Ross smiled again in goodbye to Adrian before looking to the new guy coming to his table. “Howdy there.” He gave a polite smile with a small wave to the guy. “I’m Ross. I’m 25, and from Texas. Tell me a little about yourself.”

@EchoRavencroft - Previous Conversation
@AnimeOtome - Current Conversation

Dakota Quinn || Table 2-C to 1 - A
“Wow that’s really cool, and that’s awesome to have them be super proud of you.” Dakota turned as the bell rang. “I keep trying, but they’ll have to come around eventually.” She shrugged slightly as she continued. “Well I gotta go. See you around.” Dakota smiled and gave a small wave as she got up to move to the next table. She moved to the next table and sat down in front of a girl. “Hey there, I’m Dakota and I’m 23 years old. I am an artist and an aspiring dancer, currently living in New York.” She gave the girl a sweet smile as she looked at her.

@coco.xhic - Previous Conversation
@Sabes - Current Conversation

4 Likes

ROBERT || with Shanna || Table 14 - D

Unfortunately, after his conversation with Tamara he did not learn anything interesting about her. They exchanged only polite questions and that’s all. The bell rang, interrupting them. Tamara changed her seat, leaving the man alone for just a few seconds before the next person sat down.
Robert sighed because he had had enough of this horrible fun. He wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the chair in front of him.
Another girl sat down, this time she had black hair. She was very pretty and well, she definitely seemed nice.
“Hey!” The man greeted her. “I’m Robert Wilson. What do you do?”

@ScarletSwanHunter

1 Like

Samantha Simmons || With Lola || Table 9-B

His first question had her a bit taken aback, yet she laughed a bit. Quietly. “Maybe both? I highly doubt someone in here is my soulmate, but… I may have met someone that could be a potential. Still doubt it, but…” she shrugged. She didn’t typically believe in this sort of thing. Especially since the host claimed that her ‘soulmate’ would be in this room.
“What about you, huh? Based on the question, I’m guessing that you’re probably thinking, as you gracefully put it, that this is ‘crock of shit’?” Sam’s brows raises in question. The man, Lola, was definitely a change of pace from TJ and it was taking her a moment to adjust. Just as she had in previous conversations, she leaned forward and placed her elbows on the table. Was she a huge fan of being forced into getting to know a multitude of people in a short amount of time? Definitely not. But she figured she’d try to make the most of it.

@CrazyCaliope Lola Sorry for the delay in response!

2 Likes

Charlotte Black || Table 8-D

Charlotte felt like she said something wrong as she noticed him being a little weird. “…Uh, yeah, how 'bout that. It feels like a prison cell, which I never wanted to experience… and still don’t.”
She took a slight deep breath and looked at him, with a slight chuckle. “Well, I wouldn’t say that it feels like a prison cell but like, I know what you mean.” She smiled at him. “Who are you here with?”
She sighed when he asked that question. “I am here with Alba. How about you?” She maintained her smile.

@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Cleo || with Gerald || Table 2-D
Cleo waved Dakota goodbye and hoped they’d come across each other again. She waited for the next person to arrive at her table, and was quite shocked at how old the man looked. He didn’t seem extremely old but he still looked over 40.

“Hi. I’m Cleo Madeen. Erm, you sure you’re in the right place?” She giggled, “Don’t want to sound rude.” Cleo noticed that he was wearing something very formal compared to her, and he looked quite sophisticated. She’d probably like him if she was a sk^nk, but she wasn’t.

@Miumi.hp
@Littlefeets <~ mentioned

2 Likes

Olivia Currie || Table 5 - A
When the bell started ringing again, Olivia let out a slightly frustrated sigh. She waved goodbye to Cecilia and sat down at the next table, in front of an older gentleman. He looked rather smart for his age, clean and fit, as if he took care of himself and stayed healthy.
“My name is Jakub and you are absolutely stunning,” he told her.
She smiled with eyes at his compliment. “Thank you, Jakub. I’m Olivia. That’s an interesting name you have there, where does it come from? I’m only from Scotland myself.”

@QueenChid - Jakub Kowalczyk
@episode.loverr - Olivia Currie

Jakolbi Andrews || Table 13 - B
Jakolbi really enjoyed his conversation with Adrian, he found that they had a lot in common. Then the bell and out again. He was probably the only one actually starting to enjoy that bell because it was rather nice having so many short dates and so many potential new partners. Dylan left and a woman sat in front of him. She looked like just his type.
“Hello. … Tamara, I’m Tamara.” She paused before continuing, “How are you finding this whole experience?”
Jakolbi smiled. “Hi Tamara, I’m Jakolbi. Actually, it’s pretty enjoyable. Just sitting back and talking, meeting all these new faces, it’s rather fun.”

@QueenChid - Tamara Arrington
@Madilnel - Jakolbi Andrews

Emma McEthan || Table 10 - C
Emma and Lydia weren’t able to discuss films for too much longer before that annoying chime came to tell them to move. Lydia responded, “Pretty name. Any good films? No, I haven’t seen any lately. I’m usually travelling around, so I don’t have much time to. Even on the plane, I usually sleep.”
Emma was a little disappointed to hear that she did watch films but didn’t show it. She just nodded when she stood and said that it was nice to meet her, then added as she walked away, “It was nice meeting you too.”
Emma sat down in front of a perky girl with brightly-coloured hair. The girl introduced herself, “Hiya! I’m Alison! It is nice to meet you.”
Emma put her hand out in front of her. “It’s Emma, and it’s nice to meet you too. And where’s home for you?”

@Alexwrites - Lydia Flores (mentioned)
@Daisy_Flower1 - Alison Martin
@Madilnel - Emma McEthan

Atlas Sims || Table 4 - D
As much as he was happy to talk Ciana about Shakespeare, he was also happy to move on and share a laugh again. When he followed the older gentleman this time, he found himself in front of a rather dapper man who wasn’t really his type but he could appreciate how good-looking he was. “Hey, I’m Avery Hartford, 25. Anything you want to know, just ask,” he said with a little shrug, running one hand through his hair.
“I’m Atlas, also 25. Well, I can see you work out. When Chuck Norris finishes his workout, the gym takes a break.” Atlas chuckled, quite proud at how funny he was. Best joke of the day, he thought.

@CrazygirldY_dY_dY - Avery Hartford
@ScarletSwanHunter - Atlas Sims

Shanna Cain || Table 14 - C
Shanna remained silent for the rest of the five minutes, and when the time came she got up and moved, still without saying anything. She still wasn’t in the best of moods. As she sat, she noticed the man she sat in front of. He wasn’t bad-looking, pretty handsome really, Shanna would definitely note him down as a possibility. “Hey!” He greeted her, “I’m Robert Wilson. What do you do?”
“Hi. Shanna. Olympic Athlete. You?”, she answered a little abruptly with short answers.

@SilverRose - Robert Wilson
@ScarletSwanHunter - Shanna Cain

Lola Jeremy Grace || Table 9 - A
“What about you, huh? Based on the question, I’m guessing that you’re probably thinking, as you gracefully put it, that this is ‘crock of shit’?” Sam asked, he brows rose in question.
Lola smiled, rather warmly to her response. “No, you’re right. I don’t believe this to be useful in the slightest. Although, I know my partner will be having the time of his life. So I’m trying to take this seriously, or as seriously as you can at this sort of thing.” What he said was true, he was trying to actually do this thing, despite the large number of people. The people didn’t panic him as much since he was only talking to them one-on-one.

@Daunt - Samantha Simmons

TJ Charles || Table 8 - C
She chuckled slightly and replied with a smile, “Well, I wouldn’t say that it feels like a prison cell but like, I know what you mean.”
“What would you say this feels like then?”, he asked curiously.
She gave a sigh before she answered and that made him more curious. Why would she sigh? Is she not happy with her partner?, he wondering their problem could be. She said, “I am here with Alba. How about you?”
TJ looked around at the other tables, trying to work out who Alba could be. “Who’s Alba? I’m with Ross, the guy down the other end of this row.”

4 Likes

Charlotte Black || Table 8-D

She smiled at him when he asked ”What would you say this feels like then?” She looked at him while answering. “It seems surreal to me, that’s it. Like we are forced to determine our soulmate here and we have no other choice but to find it out.” She shrugged casually. “It’s not really like a prison cell since we are getting to at least hang out with others. I don’t know if it makes sense but…yeah.” She didn’t know how to finish the sentence and ended it a little awkwardly. She noticed him getting lost in thoughts for a while and before she can think of anything, he replied back to her.
”Who’s Alba? I’m with Ross, the guy down the other end of this row.” She looked at Ross where TJ pointed and smiled slightly. She then tried to find Alba who’s at table 4-C now. “Oh, he looks good.” She looked at TJ before replying back to him and smiled. “Alba is at Table 4-C now.” She pointed to the table where Alba is in case he couldn’t find her.

@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Adrian Lucas Dawson || With Lydia || Table 1-A — Table 11-A

“Traveling, it’s amazing. I wouldn’t trade it for anything."
Adrian smiled and said, “I imagine it to be.”
"I’m sure you’ll get the chance to, when you do, enjoy it. But, that’s amazing! I’m sure people really appreciate that. Translating their life experiences and problems into poems and stories, that’s really nice. If I’d ever get the chance, I’d read your work, really.”

Adrian blushed at her sweet, and genuine compliments, “Oh my gosh, that’s so sweet of you to say, thank you! If I had some pieces with me, I’d show you but sadly, I left my book, and phone at home.”

He placed his hands on the table, and intertwined them.
“I love meeting other people, it’s another reason why I love my job. Getting to see everyone of all ages, their cultures, how they live in these places…it’s so fascinating and different from how I live, I love it.”

“That’s actually one of the reason I write, too! Just getting to know different people, helping them, and finding out what happens in their daily lives is absolutely amazing.”

"Whenever I go places, I write about the scenery, small restaurants, mainly the things that don’t really stick out to much to tourist who would visit. That’s also what I enjoy writing about, I like finding the special, almost unknown spots in that area and I write about them. I also write about how life is there, and how the locals live too.”

“That’s so interesting! Those types of places are actually my favorite places to get inspiration. Especially if they aren’t too crowded! I mean, some popular places are good, too, but sometimes a little peace and quiet is something we all need,” he said, sighing.

“I dislike the way people generalize places so easily, that’s why I write about more of the unknown.”

“Detail is key,” Adrian chuckled. “If you could go to any place in the world, where would you go?”

@Alexwrites - Lydia Flores

3 Likes

Avery || 3-B || Atlas

He watched the new man. “I’m Atlas, also 25. Well, I can see you work out. When Chuck Norris finishes his workout, the gym takes a break.” He laughed a bit. Atlas was certainly something. “So, uh, what do you like to do? Start off simple?” He gave a small smile. “Also, where you’re from? I’m from New York. And for me I like reading. Call me crazy,” he said with a laugh. “Half of my friends hate reading.” Those were some of his friends questionable opinions.
@ScarletSwanHunter
@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

TJ Charles || Table 8 - C
TJ listened to what she was saying this place felt like, though he wasn’t as interested as he had been in his previous conversation with Sam. He had to interrupt when she said, “It’s not really like a prison cell since we are getting to at least hang out with others…"
“Hey, that’s not entirely true. Prisoners get to converse with the other inmates unless they’re being punished in isolation.”
After asking his second question, she answered, “Oh, he looks good. … Alba is at Table 4-C now.”
“Yeah… he’s alright, a good mate,” TJ muttered almost under his breath. Then he turned to find Alba. “Ah, she’s beautiful…” He turned back around quickly. “Ju… Just like you.”

@Daunt - Samantha Simmons (mentioned)

Atlas Sims || Table 4 - D
Avery laughed at the joke and Atlas beamed. He was ecstatic to make someone laugh, as it didn’t happen all that often. What came next was a string of questions, which were dispersed with laughter and smiles. “So, uh, what do you like to do? Start off simple?” He gave a small smile. “Also, where you’re from? I’m from New York. And for me I like reading. Call me crazy,” he said with a laugh. “Half of my friends hate reading.”
Atlas paused a moment before speaking with a huge grin upon his face. “Alright Crazy. Well, I’m from the opposite side of the country to you, in California, and I like to perform comedy mainly. But working out and going to the theatre is cool too. Also, I make horrible science puns but only periodically.” His grin got even bigger with that last pun.

@CrazygirldY_dY_dY - Avery Hartford
@ScarletSwanHunter - Atlas Sims

3 Likes

Charlotte Black || Table 8 - D

Charlotte noticed him being a little distracted and interrupting her. “Hey, that’s not entirely true. Prisoners get to converse with the other inmates unless they’re being punished in isolation.”
“Ehhh… I guess.” She chuckled and looked at him. “Am I boring you? You seem a little distracted.” She chuckled once again as she asked him. If one thing I am sure about, that is he’s not my soulmate. She noticed him muttering something but couldn’t quite make what it was. She decided to just leave it and not force him to talk. “Ah, she’s beautiful…”
“Yeah, she is.” She shrugged. “Ju… Just like you.”
She chuckled at his compliment and smiled at him. “Thank you. You look very handsome too.”

@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Samantha Simmons || With Lola || Table 9-B

A smile appeared on her face at his response. “Well, that’s nice. It would be a little awkward to talk with someone who absolutely hated the idea of this.” Her eyes shifted as she scanned the room slowly.
“I have to agree though. It’s too difficult for me to believe that this is legitimate. But anyway, do you mind me asking what you like to do? You know, since you want to take this seriously. That man,” she tilted her head in Simon’s direction, “is bound to ring the bell pretty soon, I would imagine.” She had a feeling that she already knew whether or not he’d be her ‘soulmate’. Granted, it was difficult to judge. After all, what experience did she have with speed dating or finding her soulmate? But… nonetheless. Lola seemed to be a friendly guy, though.

@CrazyCaliope Lola

2 Likes

Alison Martin ~ Table 1-D || With Emma

A smile spreads across Alison’s face as she shakes Emma’s hand.
“It’s Emma, and it’s nice to meet you too. And where’s home for you?” She asks as we shake hands. I reposition my glasses on top of my head before placing my hand back into my lap and replying to her.
“I’m from Brooklyn. How about you?”
As far as first impressions go, Emma seemed like a genuinely nice person. Alison thought whilst waiting for a response.

@Madilnel - Emma

2 Likes

Sorry guys, I know many of you have either posted or told me you can’t this week 'cause of real life (and thank you so much to those who have). … However, still only 12 characters, who I’m not writing for, have posted, even though I gave you three days this time. So far I’ve written for 7 characters, leaving another 9 that I (or someone) haven’t made a post for yet. I know we all have lives (trust me, I know, as I don’t even know where I’ll be in the next week or two), but I don’t want to be that annoying person who is always making reminder posts.

So, with that being said, what do you want to see happen?

• Cancel/close this RP
  • Make it an SG
  • Temporary break until the end of June
  • Please just continue and I’ll post more
  • Please just continue, I don’t care if Caliope writes for most of the characters.
  • Another option (write it in chat)

0 voters

@EchoRavencroft, @ScarletSwanHunter, @CrazygirldY_dY_dY, @AnimeOtome, @Miumi.hp, @Madilnel, @QueenChid, @SilverRose, @Littlefeets, @amberh.episode, @Daisy_Flower1, @Sabes, @jiya.episode, @coco.xhic, @Alexwrites, @episode.loverr, @Daunt

9 Likes

Okay, so based on the poll above, I’ll be turning this RP into an SG. Sorry for any inconvenience.
You all have until the end of the month to get your answers in, but if they’re all in sooner then I’ll start sooner. In saying that, if I don’t hear from you in a week, not even a like of this post, then I’ll guess you’re forfeiting your characters and they’ll be adopted out.

Now, what I need from you:

What questions would your characters ask and how would they act with the people below?

Cheers,
Caliope (wink)

12 Likes

Alright, one last chance and TWO days (i.e: the weekend) to reply back to me… as I want to continue this for the one who did get back to me.

@ScarletSwanHunter, @CrazygirldY_dY_dY, @AnimeOtome, @Miumi.hp, @amberh.episode, @Daisy_Flower1, @Sabes, @coco.xhic, @episode.loverr

5 Likes