Review Stories Here!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! This post is for authors who are just starting out and want advise/tips on how they could improve their stories. I had a thread like this on another account (which I cannot access now for one reason or another) and it was wildly successful and I had a lot of fun reading all those great stories.
When first starting out, the Writer Portal is very hard to maneuver and even when you get it, it’s still tricky to get a good, well thought out plot and developed characters on the first (or second or third) go around.
Also, I’ve noticed that it’s very difficult for new authors to get noticed on the platform, which is why we should all be scouring the new stories section (which Episode desperately needs to expand) for the next hidden gem as often as possible. I stumbled upon a great story called “New Realities” by Alecia C out of sheer luck and have read all the chapters. I don’t want authors like her to get discouraged especially when they have such amazing, original stories when they don’t get as many reads as they’d like. If you enjoy writing, go at it! Have fun! Who cares what others say (although I do understand the frustration we have as new authors when we don’t get as many reads as we think we deserve)? We should focus on writing the best story we possibly can.

So leave your stories here and we can all offer our own constructive criticism on them! If you want to support any small authors that you’ve discovered in your new stories deep dive, I’d be happy to hear those suggestions as well. I’m looking forward to reading all your stories! Please leave the following information:

1. Title
  2. Author
  3. Genre(s)
  4. Description
  5. Link

I’d also really appreciate it if you guys could check out my story, Evil by SSS. I completely revamped the whole thing because I realized that I wasn’t really having the most fun time writing it. This is a story I’m passionate about and I’m excited to continue! It is an action/romance/mystery story.

Description: After an accident rid her of memory, Gia Prince discovers a world of lies, love, and betrayal. A dangerous organization, an impossible attraction, and shrouded mysteries await.

Thank you all!

I would love to!

Genre: Adventure/Fantasy/Comedy (If that makes sense)
Title: Save Me, Hero!
Author: Turtle Cat!
Plot/Summary: After powerless Hero moves from a town where everyone has superpowers, she gets kidnapped by a group of fugitives who are forcing her to join them. What will she do?
HERE’S THE LINK!
I’d love to check out your story and I hope you like mine!

Cover:

Title: Epic Failures
Style: Ink
Author: SakuraCheam
Genre: Comedy
Description: Juggling life and spy work. Cliche, right? Mix along more problems with friends and daily problems some may have like anxiety, and BAM! You get the result of a trio of Epic Failures!
Chapters: 3

There’s no sound as of yet, I’m planning to put sound when I make my splash for the volume warning, and I’m also planning to try and attempt timed choices and have more overlays. I also really appreciate this thread for the feedback and hope I can improve my story in some way! ^^

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5169677463191552

I’ll check out yours, here’s mine, been 7 months since I first published the first 3 so not exactly new, but I’m working on another which I’ve been working on for several months and only done 1 chapter if you want to check it out.

• Title Trouble and Lies
  • Author ams007
  • Genre(s) drama
  • Chapters 9
  • Description Rose a 16yr old girl. Secrets and lies will be uncovered about herself and family.
    What will happen when she learns the truth?
  • Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4604578301083648

I enjoy the backgrounds and intro. I like that the choices have effects on the story. The beginning of the second chapter was definitely unexpected. It’s a very interesting and captivating read for sure, but one piece of advise I might have is to make the transitions shorter because a good part of the story is taken up by people walking and transitions. For example, in the anime club in the second chapter, after Axel walks out, Jaxon takes quite a while to walk out. Overall though, I love the fantasy aspect of the story and its very nicely integrated. Great story and I’ll continue reading!

1 Like

First off, I love the intro and all the zooms! The directing, as far as the first chapter, goes is spotless! I don’t really have any tips on improving as of yet. If I think of any during the next chapters, I’ll let you know. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :purple_heart: I really appreciate that you’re doing this for others, you’re an amazing person! (Just like the others who read the stories and offer constructive criticism) <3 When I get the time to read your story, I’ll try to offer anything to improve! ^^

Title: Faking it (LimeLight)
Style: Lime Light
Author: Dilara Freires
Genre: Mystery
Description: Isabel lives a double life as Silver. Through out her journey she learns more about her past, the people around her and everything she believed in will change.
Chapters: 3

I honestly like it better at episode 4, but that will come out soon.

Cover
Knipsel

Thanks and I’m always open to checking out great stories!

So sorry I took so long! School and everything really takes a lot out of you.

First up!
Tiny Little Secret
Read the first two chapters of this one because the first one kind of ended on a bit of a cliffhanger…I like the journal entries. They give some exposition without seeming too much like endless narration. I also like the flashbacks and how the screen changes color when they happen (i know not related to the story but its a cool directing feature). The story is interesting and I’m looking forward to continue!

Really really small thing for chapter 2 (not sure if maybe my phone’s just glitching or something but you may wanna check it out) when you (the author) are talking the audience, you enter and say something and then you enter again. Maybe there’s a repeat command in there somewhere…again very small thing and unrelated to the story but just something to consider. Also the chapters end kind of abruptly but that may just be me. If that’s the effect you’re going for you do you!

All in all, love it and keep writing!

I’d also really appreciate if you could check out my story. I have four chapters out at the moment and working on the fifth. As you said at the end of chapter 2, it takes a while to write new chapters…anyways thanks and sorry i took so long!

I also tried to find Memories, but when I clicked on your profile it wasn’t there. Let me know if you still want me to read it and if it’s still available. Thanks!

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Life gets in the way sometimes.

I actually really want to read this story so plz let me know when you’re done revamping. No rush tho I completely understand when you gotta change a story.

1 Like

Hello! So sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I’ve read a couple chapters and here are my thoughts…

I completely understand having to make the chapters short or less full of story in the beginning. The intro for the first chapter definitely captures your attention and I like that Silver/Isabel is so independent and fighting for her rights. Also think the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 2 with the “Boss” telling Isabel to change into Silver is engrossing. I have a hard time telling whether Silver is normally Isabel or vice versa but that’s a good problem to have. Her identity crisis sort of thing is an interesting internal conflict in the story.

Final thoughts: Absolutely love the idea of the story! A double identity? Very interesting…
Little directing improvements: In chapter one when punching…if you have the punch give command going at the same time as the punch receive command, it’ll look smoother.
So like for example (I don’t remember the names of the exact animations but it’d go something like this)
@MAN is punch_give AND MAN2 is punch_receive
(Same goes for slaps too)
Just a little directing thing and has nothing to do with the actual story. Also I noticed the punching only looked weird in the first chapter and was fine in the second so maybe it’s just me.

Thanks for sharing and I’d really appreciate it if you could check out my story and give me some feedback too! Again sorry I took so long.
Also I like my story better at chapter 4 too.

Title: Winter’s Thirteen Episodes
Author: Aerosa
Genre: Romance/ Fantasy
Description: Layla Ahmed, a Muslim girl has the gift to hear the dead and when her crush Ethan May comes to her doorstep asking her to help find his brother she embarks on a journey.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5431321922502656

Read the first three chapters of the story because the first one was very short. The dialogue is carefully integrated and I don’t see any errors as far as direction goes. I’m not usually a fantasy person but I actually enjoy reading your story and would like to see it continue! Love Layla and her family and am excited to continue. Keep up the great work!

I’d also really appreciate if you could check out my story and leave me one feedback! Thanks for posting here!

Please read my story, The New Boy and tell me what you think.

Author: coltonilio
Title: The New Boy
Genre: ROmance
Link:

Title: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you make sense of the havoc you were tossed into and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover: