Review Thread - Providing Detailed, Multi-Paragraph Reviews

Hello. If you are looking for a detailed review and proper constructive criticism for your new Episode story, you’ve come to the right thread. All you have to do is reply to this thread, provide the cover of your story, the title, the description, storyline (if your storyline is in the description, only provide the storyline) and your account name on the Episode app.
NOTE: I have realised that instead of doing constructive criticism, some of my reviews are partly based on my opinion. I suppose I’ve been adding some proper cc, but I will try to genuinely add full proper constructive critism- so I apologise for that. I still hope that my reviews have been helpful!
Bare in mind that I will only review the first episode. If no one else goes to this thread, I will read the next episode. The reason behind this is my limited passes.
If you want to see how I’ll lay out my review, click the arrow below!

REVIEW LAYOUT

(NAME)’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(RATING)
How original and good your storyline was.

Introduction:
(RATING)
How detailed your introduction was.

Progression:
(RATING)
How well the events in your story progressed.

Direction:
(RATING)
How well you directed your story.

Length:
(RATING)
The length of your story and little things you could’ve done to add more length/decrease the length.

Now, I don’t expect many people to come to my thread, so thank you for actually taking your time to click on this and read it.

I’M NO LONGER DOING REVIEWS

4 Likes

Title: Teacher or Queen?
Author: Mystique
Description: After years of searching she had finally found them. Can she get close to them?
Her destiny is about to change forever. What will she choose - who will she become?
Genre: drama
Chapters: 14 - the first three ones are made to confuse a reader a bit. They lead to chapter 4 which explains it

Sorry for the bad quality…I am on my phone and I don’t have a proper picture.

Aaand here I am. This is my story and I’d love a review :slight_smile: Although please keep in mind that the first episode is mostly introduction and CC, the real character development ect. starts in episode 2 :slight_smile:

Title: CYBER
Author: Vivi
Style: Limelight
Genre: Fantasy, Action
Chapters: 3 (ongoing)
Description: You are a gamer with no life. Harsh, but true. With a tournament coming up in your favorite VR game to play, CYBER, who knows what will happen?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4657138351603712

1 Like

Can I request a review on my newest story?

Title: Capture the Moment
Author: Karlon Artis
Genre: Comedy
Description: Takoda is a photographer who inspires to become freelance and expand his portfolio. Can he snapshot his way to success?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5666941859397632

1 Like

I’d love a review!

Title: Blades of Desire
Author: Giselle C.
Genre: Drama
Style: LL
Small cover:
Blades_of_Desire_posterThumb_9uJpUt9cjd
Large cover:
Description:
Your life was perfect: hot BF, rich, and gorgeous. Will Graham help you win back the life that you had lost, or will you get caught up in Romans’ heat? (Choices matter)

mystique_writer’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(9/10)
Your storyline was very, very original. I absolutely loved the idea of a queen with a double life. I have never come across this sort of idea. I suppose I’ve seen stories with a double life, but in your story there were so many aspects that made it different. All I have to say is that it could’ve been executed a little better.

Introduction:
(6/10)
Don’t get me wrong, you had a strong start, but I feel like the character hasn’t been introduced enough. I didn’t get to know them as well as I wanted to. I feel like the first episode should’ve focused on the main character instead of the events that happen.

Progression:
(7/10)
In the first episode, I didn’t particularly like the progression on the relationship between the main character and the guy she met. And in the second episode, with the 2 girls, I feel like their feelings of jealousy and frustration to each other should’ve been longer. There should’ve been more episodes building up more drama and tension.

Direction:
(7/10)
I didn’t have a issue with your direction, but I you could’ve added a little bit more spot direction and zooming in. I found that you added minimal advanced direction in those first 2 episodes because they were essentially in the same positions the entire time.

Length:
(9.5/10)
I liked the length of your episodes. I believe some parts of the second episode could’ve been moved to the third one, such as the 2 girls, to, once again, build tension within their arguments.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your lovely review and your tips on how to improve my story :slight_smile: I hope you liked it enough to continue on your own :blush: if you do, feel free to share your thoughts with me again (you don’t have to do it here or at all if you don’t want to), but I would appreciate your opinion on the first four episodes where the plot is revealed.

viviwhite’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(10/10)
Before I get to the review, words can’t express how much I enjoyed that first episode. It was so well done.

I absolutely love the storyline. It is by far one of the most original I’ve seen. I personally don’t think there’s a lot you could change. I have only seen the first episode, so there’s probably a lot more to see. I’m expecting such good episodes to come.

Introduction:
(8/10)
Despite my admiration for your story, there were a few flaws. The introduction could’ve gave a little bit more insight on the main character. Many of her characteristics were shown through Silver, but I feel like it was primarily Silver and her bold attitude instead of the main character. The relationships could’ve been a little more represented, maybe a little bit of a backstory on how they met or something (I suppose that is on a later episode or you just get used to the character as the story goes).

Progression:
(9/10)
It progressed very well. If I were to write this story, I would add a little bit more dialogue when meeting who she met. (I apologise, I’ve forgotten his name :sweat_smile:)

Direction:
(10/10)
I thought the direction was perfect. I do have a couple things I would change, but it would be unnecessary to say since it is entirely based on my preferences.

Length:
(9/10)
The length was perfectly fine. I don’t have much to say about it.

I hope I didn’t sound bias on this review. I just thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

It’s no problem! I loved your story and will definitely share a short paragraph with my thoughts in the next chapters.

1 Like

Thank you for the review! :smile: I’m glad you enjoyed it. The idea is that the MC can truly expresses herself in the game, because she’s not a sociable person in real life :slight_smile: Episode 2 would explore more about this.

Here’s mine. :wink:

Story Title: XENA PIERCE
Author: sophiesophilatte
Story Genre: ACTION
Story Description:
An HEIRESS, a DAUGHTER, a GIRL who seeks answers–guide XENA KATSUMI PIERCE as she fights in order to save her mother. Will she make it through? Her SURVIVAL depends on YOU. (CM)

Story Cover:
IMG_4877

Link:

Thank you!

I’m here :purple_heart:
Title: Kotton Kandie
Author: Pretty Eri
Genre: Drama
Style: Ink
Description: Escaped from a loutish husband, Kandie tries to find a new beginning. But what she didn’t know was that her ex-husband lurks in the trails behind her
Instagram: @Eri2.0
Link: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/5532581127127040

I would love to!

Genre: Adventure/Fantasy/Comedy (If that makes sense)
Title: Save Me, Hero!
Author: Turtle Cat!
Plot/Summary: After powerless Hero moves from a town where everyone has superpowers, she gets kidnapped by a group of fugitives who are forcing her to join them. What will she do?
Style: Ink
This story has 4 episodes
Cover:

HERE’S THE LINK!

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the response! I will definitely read more of your story.

1 Like

kahotshot’s REVIEW
Storyline:
(8/10)
I like the storyline and execution of this. Takoda, a man with a passion for photography. You don’t find characters like that in episode stories, so I really love his character.

Introduction:
(9/10)
You provided a lot of information on Takoda’s likes, dislikes and overall characteristics, but I feel like adding just that little bit more would’ve gave more of an insight to his character. Maybe something a little bit more personal?

Progression:
(8/10)
I had absolutely no problems with the progression, but I do have some suggestions. When he found out he got this opportunity, I felt like there should’ve been a bit of waiting time in between - asking questions and such. Hesitation. But I’m probably being picky. So I suggest just a slight bit more of progression, especially on the shorter days, adding mini scenes to lengthen it could add a sense of progression.

Direction:
(9/10)
I liked the direction. There was a fair amount of spot direction and simple direction. In all honesty, I don’t have a lot to say about this.

Length:
(9/10)
It had a good amount of length. The progression does contribute to length, so I do suggest just adding more progression.

Hey all! I didn’t get all of your reviews done today as this day was very eventful (and probably a bad idea to start this thread), but I promise they’ll be done tomorrow!

1 Like

Title: College Days: Behind Closed Doors
Author: JessDeBest
Genre: Drama/Mystery
Style: INK
Story Description: College is all fun and games until you discover what’s behind closed doors. Students disappear one by one, and you’re going to get to the bottom of it.
Instagram: @iwrite.stories
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6459913677111296

I’d love for a detailed review!

Giselle C’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(9/10)
The storyline was fairly original. It definitely wasn’t stereotypical or a repeat from another story, nor was it the most unique. But regardless, I thought your execution was fantastic, though, I didn’t quite get why her boyfriend left her and why his parents were willing to tell the main character. I suggest adding explanation when events like this happen.

Introduction:
(7/10)
The introduction of your characters and how she ended up as a maid was enough information. I did feel like a little more information about her step-mother and father’s relationship was necessary, like how a seemingly nice character was with an ‘evil’ character.

Progression:
(7/10)
Your progression was alright. I felt like you could’ve added more conversation between the main character and her father and hold the death in the next episode. Her becoming a maid was very sudden, so I feel like you could’ve had her step-mother explain why she became a maid and whatnot.

Direction:
(10/10)
I really liked the direction in this story. There was a good amount of advanced direction and I really do like the effort you put into it.

Length:
(6/10)
The length was okay for the amount of events you placed in. I feel like more length was necessary, otherwise you could’ve split the first episode into 2 episodes.

Sophie’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(9/10)
The storyline was something I definitely did not expect, but something I thoroughly enjoyed. I definitely admire Xena’s character as I find originality in her.

I did find a couple of unoriginalities and bores in the storyline, but I still really liked it.

Introduction:
(8/10)
Your introduction was fairly detailed. I did think a little bit more information on certain characters could’ve been added, mainly on Xena, even it unravels through the episodes. She just seems a little mysterious. Xena is the main character, after all.

Progression:
(8/10)
The progression was good, but I still thought just a teeny bit more dialogue could’ve been added for the relationships and the fighting scenes.

Direction:
(8/10)
Your direction was good, but a little bit more advanced direction could’ve been used, especially at the beginning of the episode.

Length:
(9/10)
The length of your story was almost perfect. I just suggest going by what I said in progression.