Review Thread - Providing Detailed, Multi-Paragraph Reviews

Pretty Eri’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(8/10)
I didn’t think it was incredibly original. But what I will say is that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it quite entertaining. You executed it quite well. I suppose it maybe could’ve been executed only slightly better. Kandie certainly is a unique character.

Introduction:
(7/10)
Kandie’s personality was definitely apparent within the first episode. It showed her sass. I did find that interpreting her emotions was quite confusing and difficult, because she was sad and seemingly joyful at the same time. I didn’t find that her friends were introduced enough in that first episode and I felt like a little bit more information about her divorce would’ve lessened my confusion and curiosity.

Progression:
(6.999999/10)
The progression was alright. It felt slightly quick as the ex-husband made an appearance on the first episode. Any little things you could’ve added to improve the progression would make the story a lot better.

Direction:
(9/10)
The use of direction was okay, but I feel like advanced direction needed to be used a lot more.

Length:
(9/10)
The length of your story, I felt, could’ve been longer. I suggest just going by progression.

1 Like

Thank you :purple_heart:

1 Like

Turtle Cat’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
(9/10)
First of all, the storyline is very original. You executed it quite well, though there were some minor changes you could’ve added to the first episode. I quite enjoyed the uniqueness of certain parts, It’s exciting to see. I genuinely don’t have a lot to say.

Introduction:
(8/10)
I personally thought the introduction was detailed. It explained the town, gave an example and gave fair information for the characters. I personally would add more information but that is most likely not necessary and a personal preference, but I hope that gives you an insight to what your audience likes.

Progression:
(7/10)
I’ll say that the progression wasn’t a problem. Maybe adding a bit more to the beginning, more emotion and feelings to her birth and adding more conversation on certain events throughout the entire episode could’ve made it progress better.

Direction:
(9/10)
I liked the visuals and your direction. You spent time adding background characters, but I found a few glitches here and there. I feel like adding tad bit more spot direction would improve the experience.

Length:
(6/10)
As I’ve said on my previous reviews, length goes hand to hand with progression. I do suggest that you made your episodes longer (if it’s larger than the first episode, I haven’t gone any further than that so you can ignore that sentence) but it had an overall okay length.

1 Like

Januva’s REVIEW
Storyline/Plot:
Now I won’t judge this because I haven’t been introduced to the storyline properly yet, but I’m sure it’s going to be fantastic!

Introduction:
(10/10)
The introduction was very detailed. You allowed time to introduce all of the characters and their personality. Even from reading this first episode, I have knowledge on each of the character’s probable likes and dislikes.

Progression:
(10/10)
Your story progressed almost perfectly. I really didn’t have any issue with this, genuinely. It went by at a good pace.

Direction:
(8/10)
I did notice a couple of glitches and errors, especially with the layering, so maybe check over that, but I overall thought the directing was good. The use of spot direction was fantastic.

Length:
(9/10)
The length of your story was fair. I thought it could’ve been slightly longer, but that’s probably a personal preference.

I apologise if I sounded biased in this review… heh. I just really enjoyed that first episode and will most definitely be reading more. And by the way, I’m sorry for the lack of constructive critism.

1 Like

That’s fine! I’m definitely away of the layering. I’ve fixed that now, just waiting to update. Glad to know you enjoyed my story!

1 Like

Thank you for your review :blush:. Regarding about mc being mysterious is because she has an identity crisis and of course there is a reason whY which she will discover in early episodes. :wink:

1 Like

Alright, makes sense! Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

TITLE: No Strings Attached
AUTHOR: Alyce Winter
GENRE: Drama, romance, mystery … all the good stuff
DESCRIPTION: You decide to get involved with an attractive stranger. What happens when you’re wrapped up in more drama than you can handle? So much for no strings…
My first episode is pretty bad (IMO), so I’d recommend getting to the second lol. But! If you dislike the first one it’s fine xo

Story Details
Title: Sophisticated & Deceived
Author: Briana M.
Plot/Description: Ashden, a 26 year old young woman learns that life isn’t about being emotionless and too sophisticated. Will a guy help her explore her emotions in life?
Genre: Romance
Story Style: INK
# of Episodes: 19 ~ONGOING~
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5716365262585856

Hey, thank you for creating this thread. I would love a review.:slight_smile:

Author: S_Unique

Title: The Four Horsemen

Genre: Fantasy

Style: Ink

Description: 4 Sins. 4 Angels fell. 4 Horsemen rose. A curse was casted. And the battle of good vs evil is about to begin. CC/ Choices matter

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5482099054608384

Hi! I’m going to give quite a brief review since I’m not going to be accepting any more.

I thought your first episode and second episode were quite entertaining. I’ll be honest, I expected more than just her ex-boyfriend to pop up, and I felt the idea of the story was a little unoriginal. But I definitely liked the use of advanced direction. The effort you must’ve put into this story is amazing.

1 Like

Hi. I’m making this review quite short and brief because I won’t be accepting any more.

So overall, I thought your storyline was a little unoriginal. A woman with no intention of dating a man just seemed like a common occurrence. But I did quite like the use of direction, I felt like there was some bits you could change such as the use of fading in and out. I still did really enjoy that first episode, those characters were nicely done. A little bit more information on the main character would’ve been great, though.

Okay thanks for the review, but what do you mean by my story line being “unoriginal?”

Your storyline wasn’t original. You can find stories that have a similar storyline. I explained what was unoriginal, if that’s what you were asking.

Really? I always thought my story was original because it’s reality; the real world. Most stories on Episode don’t really give a “real world” message in them… I guess. But, I am grateful for your review on my story :slight_smile:

But I still really enjoyed it! I’ll definitely be reading the next episode.

1 Like

Okay thank you very much.

It starts off that way purposely lol. & it wasn’t really a surprise of the relationship of Noah to the MC, but more so “Oh, it’s the guy I customized two whole episodes ago” lol. It’ll deviate from other stories as it progresses, I can promise that much :grin:

Thank you sooo much for the review! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Story Title: The Episode House
Author: Samantha
Genre: Comedy
Style: Limelight
Completed? No
Customization: yes
Description: You and 14 other people are locked in a house for 100 days. One by one you vote each other off until one house guest remains. The winner recieves one million dollars!
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5282354612469760

Hi guys, keep in mind I won’t be doing any more. If I haven’t done yours, feel free to post on a hopefully future thread that I release.