Review Your Story

Hey! I’ll read and review your story, whether it’s published or not. It’s important to support our fellow authors, after all.:heart:

Remember you came here for your story to be honestly and respectfully reviewed, so please remain polite and respectful when responding to me. Though you may not agree with me, which is fine, I’d hate for this thread to be closed due to some silly drama.

I’ll try and review as soon as possible, but I do have a busy schedule and I’d like to put some effort into reviews. I currently only review the first chapter of stories, but if you’d like me to read more just DM me! I’ll also be opening a google forms soon to make it easier for me to review your story. If you’re requesting to do a R4R with another person, please PM them separately to make it easier for me to see new requests. Happy writing!

Kisses,
Belle

6 Likes

Can you review my story?

Title: Capture the Moment
Author: Karlon Artis
Genre: Comedy
Description: Takoda is a photographer who inspires to become freelance and expand his portfolio. Can he snapshot his way to success?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5666941859397632

hi i would love to have a review here my story :slight_smile: !
title : the unknown
genre : mystery,drama,fantasy,comedy
cover :
description : 8 girls on earth who think their lives are normal and that everything is fine, but when they get a text, an Anonymous threatens them. Will they find out who it is? (8 MC)
link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5652304558096384

Hey! I just finished chapter one of your story. I was just curious, what is the ethnicity of your characters? The names seem very unique and love them. I’ve noticed that the girls are taller then Tadako, which is completely fine but I wasn’t sure if that was on purpose or not. Then, there’s that scene where he’s being beat up by Eaton John Hall. Was that for comedic affect? If so, keep it! If you meant it to be serious, then perhaps start the fight with something a bit more concrete. Also, I know most people won’t notice that Eaton is one of the default names for characters, but I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be an inside joke for authors or not. This may sound very critical, but I am enjoying your uniqueness and different approach to episode stories! I love the representation for Male MCs as well. I know I’m getting tired of seeing mafia and teacher-student relationship cliches. Overall, I love your story and can’t wait to read more!

1 Like

So I just finished chapter one of your story, and I think it’s important that you understand I mean no offense towards you. I’ve noticed that when using the word “I am” as a contraction, you don’t use an apostrophe. (Ex: Im turns to I’m) You also seem to put a space before a punctuation mark.

Your characters, as seen in the photo above, overlap each other. At the start of the story, you sort of just jump in, so may I recommend an intro? It doesn’t have to be complex, it can just be a few backgrounds. You also start your story, then use a mature themes warning after you’ve began. Any warnings about the story should be in the intro, unless you ware warning someone about flashing lights or a triggering scene. Your plot also seems to jump a lot, so you never really get the time to wait on one character or scene. The names seem a bit odd as well. I do like the name Jam, but maybe Galaxia and Galaxing are a bit much. When you’re discussing the topic of the missions, I’m not sure what that’s about. You get the picture of a sixteen year old girl going to school, then she’s some sort of hit woman supposed to kill her best friend? And in a total of thirty seconds she goes from being distraught over killing her best friend to being prepared to take him out. There’s just no build up. You’re characters are also a bit confusing, seeing as a lot of them look similar, with similar names. You put characters we’ve never met before into a scene, then add layers and depth to them we cannot see in the twenty seconds you show them. You also forget to end your sentences with punctuation, which may seem like a small thing but people do notice. I’m also confused as to what the plot is in general, or what everyone’s backstory is. A suggestion is to write down key plot points before you start writing, to make sure you don’t get caught up in a scene. With the scene with the man talking towards the crowd, instead of saying crowd, maybe you should place some people in there with spot directing and appropriate layering, and have some of them respond each time he speaks. Overall, I think your ideas were in the right place and with a few changes I think this could be an editors pick!

1 Like

Hey, I was wondering if you’d be interested in reviewing my story: Perfectly Aligned?
Here’s the link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6715283825033216
Title: Perfectly Aligned

Author: Baleigh Roberts

Episodes: 3 and ongoing

Short Description: Blaire feels hopeless after tragedy hits, but new boy Alex might be just what she needs to get things perfectly aligned again; including her heart.

Long Description: Blaire has always been on top. Top dancer, most popular, best student… She’s thrived on the knowledge of knowing she’s “perfect” and that nothing can realistically touch her. At least that’s what she thinks. When a sudden tragedy happens, Blaire is suddenly face to face with feelings and emotions she didn’t know she had, causing her to start to doubt her previous mindset.

And in comes Alex, a new boy and one who has his own baggage to carry. A dying father, separated parents, and a depressed sister are enough for him to have his own issues.

When their two worlds collide will it be enough? And will they be able to work on the broken pieces of each other in order to find themselves perfectly aligned?

Hi, I would love if you review my story

Title: The Society (of Haverford)
author: Scarlett
style: limelight
description: Romeo of the House of Blue Eagle meets Juliette of the House Red Sparrow. One from fraternity and one from sorority & both despise one another.
CC ⁠— Choices Matter ⁠— LIMELIGHT
cover:
The_Society_Vq_posterThumb_3hA7iMsZWV

link:

Hey, thanks for the thread. I was wondering if you can review my story. I want to know what you think about it and what I need to improve.
TITLE: INSANITY: PARALYZED
GENRE: DRAMA
STYLE: Limelight.
SUMMARY: You’re a successful actress in Hollywood and living in the world of the rich and famous is no strange to you. But what happens when your past start to haunt you?
FEATURES: Full CC, point system, and choices matter.
CHAPTERS: 9 Chapters (MORE TO COME!)
INSTAGRAM: @amanda.episodewrites
LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6707458191196160

IMG_3134.jpg

Hey I would love a review too!
Author Name: SRS
Story Title: Target
Genre & Style: Mystery & Limelight
Description: Your mom was murdered and you were belived to think is was innocent. Nothing more. However when murder cases start to appear in your new city, you know that you are his next target. Will you and Jace Carson be able to find out who is the murder in time or will you die with proof? Family secrets, lies, and betrayals awaits you.
CC, LI, Choice Matter

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5961930186752000

Cover:
Target_Hs_posterThumb_9pldVMRdcq

Alright! I’ll admit, I was pretty excited to read your first chapter after seeing your synopsis. And boy, you did not disappoint! I loved your cover! Though his would not be a good review without a few notes.

First off, you started your story before giving your intro, which is common. If I were you, I’d delete that first part entirely and just start after the intro cover. In some scenes, as you see here:

Would be perfect if you had some extras! They don’t have to be strategically made people, in fact you can just click on random features and go! If you need help with the placement of the characters, you can DM me and I’ll be able to give you the codes.

There also seems to be a bit of a glitch in the cafeteria scene.

If you’d like them to be sitting behind the table, there is a background meant for putting in the table overlay (which I believe is provided in the overlay section in the art catalog).

Other then that, I really enjoyed Blaire and her quilt remarks! This is definitely a story I’d continue reading.

1 Like

Deadly Secrets

A vampire loves her. Her best friend’s a Werewolf. Her parents? Magically royal. Only one thing. Delilah doesn’t even know. Her world, is not as she knows. Will she accept fate?

Lost Summer Love

Crazy love. Wacky friends. Unnecessary drama. How will Evan and Sierra make it through this crazy thing called, life

Please review mine, too :slight_smile:

Title: The Guy in the Picture
Author: Scarlet B.
Genre: Drama
Description: Two sisters,two chance encounters.
Anya had to pretend that the cute photobomb is her boyfriend. What happens if they meet in person? Meanwhile, a guy she sees everyday suddenly shows interest in Raven, but why?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6050457298141184
Cover:

Hi, thanks for the thread. :slight_smile: I would like a review! :blush:

Story Name: What You’ve Always Wanted
Author Name: Shronus
Style: Limelight
Completion Status: 4 (more coming, working on 5)
CC: Yes!
General description: Rachel, one out the many who has a complicated secret. Everyone now knows, and her life is turned upside down into the inevitable path of love, trust, secrets, and betrayals.
Cover: I don’t have one yet bc it’s still being made by someone and I want them to take their time…
Genre: Romance / drama? (let me know what you guys think the genre should be)
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5775709003120640
Insta (follow me if u want!): @shronus.writes

Girl! You’re gifted! I really enjoyed your story! Though, I was a little confused when you introduced Andy. This is just my point of view, but I feel as if your story would be easier to write from the perspective of Juliette or Romeo, though I do love the idea of being able to be in both. For English not being your native language, you did great! The only thing I’d say is to make sure you put punctuation marks at the end of your sentences. (Ex: ! , . -)

As seen in this photo, your speech bubble is a bit awkwardly placed. With some simple speech bubble movement in the Directing Helper, I’m sure this problem can be fixed!

I loved the way this character looks! She seems very unique! Where’d you find that shirt and bra? I absolutely loved the combo!

Other than those little notes, you’re sorry is great and I’ll definitely be sticking around to see it to the end!

1 Like

Aww, thank you so much for the review. As for the table thing, Blaire is meant to be sitting on the edge of the table because what are rules? :joy::joy: I’m glad you enjoyed, though, and thank you for not hating it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin:

Oh! That’d make more sense! But why is Paul sitting there? It sort of looks like he’s sitting on the back of the chair.

1 Like

Oh! I might try to add a chair overlay in or something, or move him up some so he’s on the table too. :thinking:

Thank you thank you thank youuuuu​:sob::sob::sob: i’m overwhelmed by joyyyy
Your feedback really help me, i’ll fix it as soon as i can​:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse: thanks again love

Pls review mine if you can!!
Title: The stars have colors
Style: Limelight
Genre: Romance
By: Shahar
Description: Your life was made of two colors: black and white. Until one day you meet someone that shows you the world in a colorful way [LL\CC]
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5452449138933760

I’d be delighted if you could review mine, but I see there’s many in line so I’ll be super patient :joy: :dizzy:

Title: Equilibrium
Author: Eva.T
Chapters: 3 (ongoing)
Style: LL
Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
CC: Customise MC/LL and MC’s name.
Cover:

Description: Find the cure to save humanity as well as the one you love. Can a hard-headed yet altruistic friend become anything more? Are you ready for a thrilling adventure? CC
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6555517087186944