Reviewing / Rating Stories! (CLOSED)

Hello all! My name is Dolly and I am creating this thread because I want to help small authors grow their stories and support them!

I would love to read and review your stories!

You may be wondering why I’m qualified to review your stories… let me tell you why.

• I have been in the community for years and I have seen the development of stories and how the standards have changed over time.
  • I’m an avid reader. I read episode stories as well as books every week. I mainly read romance books but I can read anything.
  • I have been a writer for years!

Do you want me to read and review your story? If so, let me show you what to do!

• Please provide your story title and author name. (Cover is optional)
  • Provide genre and description, as well as link!
  • Provide your instagram name!

Rules you must follow / consider for me to read and review your story:

• You MUST follow my instagram at @epi.dolly (I will check.)
  • I will only read the first 3 episodes.
  • I will only read ONE of your stories. (For more than one, you will have to wait depending how many people are ahead of you.)
  • After I read and review your story, you are welcome to message me personally for more advice/help.
  • If you unfollow me after I post your review, I will delete it.
  • I have the right to refuse to read a story.

What I will check for while reviewing:

• I will look at your story holistically. By this I mean i will look at everything !
  • I will look at how you build your plot.
  • I will observe the main character and their personality as well as side characters.
  • Looking at directing is optional! (Let me know.)
  • I will finish the review off by rating it out of 5 stars.

Things to consider before submitting your story is :

• I will be honest. Don’t mistake honesty as being rude. I will not bash the story or the plot.
  • My review is essentially MY opinion. Don’t base everything I say as a whole. I am only here to help you!

I’m looking forward to reviewing your amazing stories!

15 Likes

here is my link love and my instagram is: lizziepayne_

I would love it if you could review my story!!

Author name: epi.ms

Instagram: @epi.ms

Style: Ink

Genre: Comedy (+romance & drama)

Title: Squad: Playing Pregnant

Description: You pretend to be pregnant to avoid getting fired from your dream job. But when and old crush, crazy ex, and hot co-worker come into the mix, things get a little bit messy…

Customize MC and LI!

Cover:

Link:

I hope you like it :blush::heart::heart:

I just followed you btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I’d love a review please, it’s my first story and I published it 3 weeks ago :hugs:

Author name : Marion

Instagram : @a_safe_danger

Style: LimeLight

Genre : Romance

Title:: A Safe Danger

CC: MC and LI

Story description:
“Still dealing with past traumas, I was forced to move to a new city and start a new life. Little did I know, I would meet someone who would forever change my life…”

Here’s the link ==>

episodeinteractive.com

I’ve followed your insta already :kissing_heart:

Playing Pregnant

Plot - The plot was overall amazing and I love the pace of it. I have to say that your narration is really good and it brings a lot of depth into what the MC is saying. It is also very unique as I’ve never read a story like this before, which makes it stand out more.

MC - The MC is hilarious LOL and so is Chase by the way. I can see her developing a lot more as a character in the future episodes. Her personality is a bit too bold but I like it!

SC (side characters) - As I mentioned before, Chase is hilarious. I love how supportive Drew is of the MC and her choices when it comes to personal matters. I love Seth! He seems like a genuine guy and has pure intentions with the MC.

Overall - Honestly, this is one of the stories that have genuinely made me laugh. This story has a lot of potential and I can see it making it big in the future! Your writing style is also really good and I love the little messages you inserted on the top discouraging drinking and driving. I’d also like to see more flashbacks of Seth and the MC to build some foundation between them for the readers! Keep on doing what you’re doing!

This story is a 5/5 !

I wish you the best on your writing journey on episode ! <3

2 Likes

Hey ! My story isn’t out yet but can I dm you on Instagram when it’s will be ?
Thanks

Aww thank you! That means so much to me! So happy you liked it!! :blush::blush::heart::heart::heart:

hey! I would love a review if you’re still doing them :revolving_hearts: :innocent:

Title: MANIC
Author: MK
Genre: Mystery/Drama
Chapters: 4 and more to come soon
Description: Watching someone you love in pain with nothing you can do is enough to make anyone go mad. But what happens when the madness takes over and leaves you a cold blooded killer?
CC: ooooh yes
IG: @mk_words_unwritten
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5905256216199168

Story : Captivating Reactions
Author : Giuliannna (Insta Handle: @giulianna_creates)
Genre : Romance
Style : Limelight
Description :Easton Rivers: The hottest and sexiest play-boy billionaire to ever to exist. But will being thrown into the mafia change his ways when he’s forced to marry a captive in disguise?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5324061978984448

A Safe Danger

Plot - The overall plot was different as we faced the traumas of the MC right off the bat. Meeting Tommy was really fast but that created the tension between Tommy and the MC. I definitely think this story is unique as it deals with matters of the heart. I would’ve preferred for the pace of the story to be a bit slower but its just a preference!

MC - The MC has a very bold personality and I would love to see as the story progresses some character development as she becomes closer to Tommy.

SC (side characters) - Charlie was really kind to the MC and Cece’s personality is very likable. Tommy is so cute towards the MC !! LMAO Fiona kills me every-time she calls out for Tommy.

Overall - The move to boarding school was very abrupt and I would have preferred for the MC to find out a bit differently. I love the mentioning of Tommy’s past! Makes him more alluring although I would have preferred for the rest to be a bit of a mystery and then to be uncovered as the story progresses. The narration is very different and I am living for it! The way the MC dealt with her trauma resurfacing is an accurate description of what someone that has PTSD deals with and I like how you described it. I kinda wish that Tommy and the MC could have been introduced slowly to build the tension between them, but nonetheless the MC’s reaction to him is building the tension. Your story has a lot of potential and I’m excited to see what happens next!

This story is a 4.5/5 !

The Interview

Plot - The plot itself was really really intriguing! There was a lot of mystery and the pace of the story is perfect! This story is also unique and I have never read something like this!

MC - The MC was really gullible and I am afraid he might pay for it later! Kael is insanely awesome and I really love his character!

SC (side characters) - Aiden does really live up to his name of being the “mom” to Elli. Aiden and Elli’s relationship is really cute even though Aiden did flirt with him in the first episode! Vivi has a bold personality but it really does suit her as she is a detective!

Overall - The intro was very sudden and the flashbacks caught me off guard. I didn’t really know what was going on. Kael’s personality is very… intriguing! He gives me an alluring creepy vibe. That little interrogation moment between Kael and Elliott was amazing! Holy crap! Kael is a seriously interesting character! I love the way you wrote him out to be. The case is very well explained and the details are amazing! I love this story and I will definitely continue reading it!

This story is a 5/5 !

1 Like

Thanks for this thread!
Title: 1 Million Dares
Author: CassieC
Insta: Ceanah_cp
Style: Limelight
Description: Welcome to the World’s Most Eligible Daredevil Reality Show, where contestants must compete to win 1 Million dollars doing dangerous dares and challenges. Will you come out on top?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6531616613793792

Hi! I’m hoping you can review/rate my story :grin:
Story title - Squad: Sleeping Dogs
Author Name - Tuna

Cover

Genre - Mystery
Description - 4 teens find themselves being forced to solve a mystery together. Will they uncover the secrets of Rochdale or will they discover it’s best to let sleeping dogs lie?
Link - http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5960964081123328
Author IG - @epybruh

Hey there! I’d love a review if possible :heart:

Story: Squad: Never Too Late.
Author: Reginald
Genre: Drama
Description: A bunch of unhappy high-schoolers reach out to one another before adulthood. Their life problems don’t disappear, but boy, do they regret not having sought such friendships before.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4725621289844736

I’ll follow you on Instagram :heart:

I would love a review from you I will follow you right away.

here’s my story info!

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6531970718957568
Instagram: @epi.enchantress

Heyo :wave: :blush:. I would truly appreciate it if you can review my story.
Story Title: Squad: The Gavinville Paranormal Team
Synopsis:
Episode App Synopsis: In Gavinville, monsters attempt to plague the city with its enhanced evil, and it is up to four squad heroes Karen, Sharon, Regina, and Max and Kyle to stop them. But will they?
Full Synopsis:
In a town called Gavinville, monsters are known to plague the city with its evil and are up to no good, so it’s up to a squad team of heroes, Karen, Sharon, Regina, and Max and Kyle to stop the monsters from wrecking havoc in the city. But will they stop it in time? CC, Customize your squad, CC Name customization for two squad members,
Genre: Action, Horror, a bit of suspense, Comedy, etc.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5755059564773376

• Most choices do matter
  • Point System
  • Love Interests for Every Squad Member including Morgana
  • Mini games and tappable mini-games, etc.
  • There are some LGBTQ+ characters in this story, including my character Morgana the witch, a character who is a former bisexual, and more. I will be also adding some more as the story progresses :rainbow_flag:
  • A Photoshoot at the end of chapter 3 for all of your squad members :grin::slightly_smiling_face: :framed_picture::camera_flash:

The_Paranormal_Team_Limelight_posterImage_9ZixXDd8ap
IG: @twes2363.episode

I meant to tell you but I forgot: some hours ago, I did follow your instagram :blush: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

Greetings! Thanks for this thread. I’m always on the lookout for means to get different opinions about my writing and I would love to hear your thoughts on my story Eternal Oblivion. :grin:

Title: Eternal Oblivion
Author: Silver Lady
IG: @silverlady.epi
Genre: Fantasy primarily with some mystery, action, drama, romance, and just a hint of historical fiction thrown in from time to time (more so in later chapters).
Style: Limelight
Number of Episodes: Seventeen currently, more on the way.
CC: Kinda. You can’t customize the main three characters (for story reasons), but there is a character for you to customize starting with chapter five. You won’t see much of her to start, but she becomes more important later in the plot.
Description: Something ancient plots unseen in the darkness, and Amara must quickly uncover the mystery surrounding it. Otherwise, all will be lost.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6355100663873536
Cover:

Thank you for this! I’d like a review :dizzy: :wilted_flower:

Title: Squad: Mafia Descent: Price to Pay
Author: LeeLee.Epy
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6068985977962496

(New) Description: Mending Love.Sincere Trust.Reopen wounds & Legal businesses equal a ticket out for the Morenos & the Del Ciellos, but who’s ever escaped the Mafia…without a price to pay?

Genre: Action :Romance/Drama
Instagram: LeeLee.Epy https://www.instagram.com/leelee.epy/
Contains: Choices, Limited “character” Customization, Music & Sounds, Advanced Directing

Episodes: 3

Dear Danger

Plot - The plot is somewhat unique, it does stand apart from others as the beginning scene shows something dark that was in the past.

MC - Hope seems to be very defensive towards Dan at this point. I hope to see some character development in future episodes where she becomes more open. A few flashbacks can help show why she is the way she is.

SC (side characters) - Ray seems very nice and supportive towards Hope. I have a feeling that Elizabeth and Hope are going to be enemies! This is very interesting. Rose seems very suspicious with Chase missing. This built in some suspense!

Overall - It’s a little too fast paced in the sense that I would like to get to know the characters and their relationships with one another throughout the story. The narration can be improved but its good as this is your first story! I wish the departure between Ray and Hope wasn’t so abrupt. I didn’t even realize that Hope was in love with Ray! This could have been introduced a lot better through flashbacks of their friendship and the build up towards her love for him. The relationship between Dan and Hope is very rocky due to Hope being defensive. This is good but I feel that it can be improved by including why Hope doesn’t seem to really trust men. If you ever need help with coding I can also help and give tips! Send me a DM if you’d like further assistance/advice.

This story is a 4/5 !

1 Like

Hello!

It seems I have come across a glitch in your story! In trying to pass the first mini game in where I have to collect the snowflakes, it appears there must be an error in the code.

It tells me that I didn’t collect all the snowflakes after I have tapped them all. The last snowflake that I can’t tap is the one in the center of Rosalie.

I will be happy to finish reviewing your story if you can fix this glitch! Please inform me after so that I can continue your full review.

1 Like