REVIEWS - honest constructive criticism

Hey guys!
Since lots of people tried that, I thought ”why not?” and created a REVIEW THREAD myself.

Here are the rules

1. I’ll read only the first episode of your story.
  2. If you want the review send me a summary, cover, and link to your story.
  3. I’m going to rate the: character development, plot, directing and the whole idea (if it’s fresh, creative, uninteresting, etc.), grammar - I’ll try to find some writing mistakes (keep in mind that English is not my first language but I’m not saying that I can’t speak it at all).
  4. At the end of my review, I’ll give you points. You can receive a maximum of 10 points.

!SOMETIMES MY REVIEWS MIGHT BE REALLY HONEST! - although I’ll try not to be rude.

You will get your review depending on how much work I have (sometimes after one day or even after one week), but be patient! I’ll try to check every story. :grin:

I would also appreciate if you respond to my review, to say what you think about it.

STORIES I’M CHECKING NOW:

1. Adventurous: Encrypted by @sruth
  2. Vip Brother:Love is… by @Megz_Episode
  3. Betting on a double by @Kalani-Santino
  4. Lacuna by @dianadee
  5. © Tribe of Malapinchi by @JannahJackson
  6. Blurred Lines by @elliewrites.episode
  7. My Kalona by @Ray_Edwin
  8. Black hearts golden desires by @Madhu
  9. Providence by @a.d.episode
  10. Living like a star by @SamBoo
  11. And in time… by @Atreus
  12. Adventurous: Time Immune by @lizzy.writes
  13. Take My Heart by @jiya.episode
  14. Trouble Twins by @MayLaugh
  15. Soul Slave by @Ray_Edwin
  16. Opposite in Harmony by @pheebsnomenal

REVIEWED STORIES:

1. The Star Necklace by @Maya6 - 6,5/10
  2. The Fear by @stev1997 - 8,5/10
  3. Compulsion by @Aims1141 - 7/10
10 Likes

Please review my story

Title : The Star Necklace

Description: you are the most rich girl in your country in addition you’re famous but what happens when the Star Necklace uncovers your true identity

Cover :

1 Like

Sure thing! I’ll try to do it as fast as I can.

Summary:

Every family has a legacy, but yours have been a secret. Will you fight for it or let it die? Choices matters

Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6673472361660416

1 Like

Story Name: Compulsion
Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6725446713540608
Description: Zyro Morte is sent on death row. He’s given the chance to extend his time after the FBI need him for a mission. Simple? One problem, he has to jeopardise his soulmates family!?
Cover: not made yet

Thanks so much :heart:

1 Like

Story name Vip Brother:Love is…
Authors name Megz_episode
Episodes 4
Instagram name megz_episode7997
How many episode you want me to review 4 are enough
Description A story about 16 celebrities who enter the house of Big Brother uder 24/7 surveillance for 2 months to win the prize of 500 000$, but before that they have to go through all challenges of Big Brother.
I would like you to promote my story.
Style LL
Cover IMG_20190223_164712
Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4977128782561280
This is my story. I would like you to review it :hugs::slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love a review :blush::two_hearts:
Betting on a double by Kalani Santino.

1 Like

REVIEW

1. I love the author notes at the beginning. It’s great that you prepare the readers for some triggering moments. I appreciate that.
  2. I think that sometimes you use too much ”dots”, I mean: ”…”. Check your story again and see if you can get rid of some of them.
  3. I also think that you can add more customization choices. You could update the template and add new features. Also, I couldn’t change the eyebrow color.
  4. Sometimes you use spaces between commas and the text. You often write four exclamation marks or three question marks which I think is incorrect. So please, check that again to improve your story and make it more pleasant to read.
  5. My personal change: I know that I said ” fewer dots” before. But I think they will be great here! --> ”Many years ago…” it would give more suspense and make the readers more interested to what will happen next.
  6. Again, the author notes! I find it really great that you add information about the Arabic culture. It makes the story entertaining and educational at the same time.
  7. My personal change: I would make the conversation between the two boys (Ezzat and Adam) more emotional. Instead of revealing everything in the beginning. You could make their talk more developed, create the rising tension with every dialogue line. It would make the characters more realistic.
  8. I also love the fact that you show that girls are strong! I admire that.
  9. At the end of the story, I started getting a little bored (it’s probably because I didn’t sleep well this night, hah). But maybe consider adding more dynamic events to make the plot more involving?
  10. My personal change: in the scene at the doctor, try using different adjectives than stupid, like rude or brainless, etc.
  11. More choices! --> it will keep the reader more interested in the plot (because they also will be a part of the episode).
  12. My personal change: I think that it would be better to instead of writing ”hahaha” add the laughing animation.
  13. I remember that I found little grammar/sentence construction mistakes but they are usually based on my personal preferences for writing.
  14. I think that you’re directing is really good, keep it up and you’ll be better in no time :blush:
  15. The whole plot is really interesting and fresh (I didn’t see many episodes with the main topic like yours). The characters are developed nicely and I’m pretty sure that the readers will be able to find out more about them in the next episodes. I also really like the fact that you show two different worlds --> it’s very creative. Work on your grammar! Check the dictionary if you’re not sure of something or maybe look up some ”grammar helping” apps.
  16. Besides all of that, I find your story interesting. :grin:

(I hope I wasn’t too harsh) --> keep in mind that this is my first review, so if you find any mistakes or misunderstandings, just text me!

– I also apologize for any mistakes. English is not my first language.

2 Likes

Ahhhh I really need some honest review! but keep in mind that a lot of authors are starting out and still kinda learning coding and stuff on chapter 1. You should just keep that in mind for others. (anyone who read this hmu if you want r4r!)

Title: Lacuna
Author: Diana Dee
Instagram: @dianadee.ep
Genre: Mystery, Fiction, Drama
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 3 at the moment

Description:

Darkness has come, and it’s up to Anne to solved it. Little did she know, the root is closer than she thinks. She has to sacrifice a lot, including her love ones. (Choices Matter, CC later on future chapter, Relationship Point, Different Ending)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5521620417445888

Cover:

2 Likes

Sure thing! I’ll keep your advice in mind. :smile:
(also I love the cover)

Thanks for the wonderful review

1 Like

I’m glad you like it :blush:

1 Like

My story: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you survive, solve the havoc and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Episodes: 5/6
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover

1 Like

Your reviews seems really thorough! I’d love one when you get the chance :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Title: Blurred Lines
Description: After an intense break up, Quinn enters the world of no strings attached dating. What happens when it turns out there are strings after all, and she’s completely tangled in them?
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4833334534668288

1 Like

Thank you so much! I try my best to write a helpful review.

Title: My Kalona
Genre: Fantasy
Chapter Stats: 9 published (more soon!)
Expected Length: 15 chapters
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4559018983227392
Description: Naomi desperately tries to bond with her estranged father, but becomes the prisoner of a Native-American curse that threatens all. Will her choices lead to freedom or failure?

2 Likes

@SilverRose
I think I may have a honest review on my story .only 6 are published still now Be free to review how many you want even if it’s one i am okay with it. Currently being revamped, so i think it would be best, if you could just msg me before reviewing my story so I could say the status of my story.

Story details

Author: Madhu
Story Title: Black hearts golden desires
Genre: fanatsy
Description: Nand, a sorcerer princess of solataria, has two beautiful loving sisters, her other two halves.But what happens when it becomes the vice versa and an old enemy from their past comes back for revenge? Will Nand overcome it? or will she fail??
Chapter: 6 (more coming up soon) (Currently being revamped, so i think it would be best, if you could just msg me before reviewing my story so I could say the status of my story.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
Instagram: @episode.angelindisguise

cover

Cover:

1 Like

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

I will review stories from:

1. 1-4 this Saturday
  2. 5-6 this Sunday
  3. 7-8 this Monday
  4. 9-10 this Tuesday
  5. 11-12 this Wednesday
  6. 13 this Thursday

I can’t do it on Wednesday - Friday because of important exams, I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Okay take your time i can wait…then i think within that…chapters 4 and 5 will be released…u can check that out too.by the way that is my first story

1 Like