Right of Access

Recently, I lost access to my writer’s portal, where I had some on going stories, because my email was disabled. Lucky for me, I was able to copy the complete code onto a document, so I could restart the story on a new account, which is currently published. I was talking with someone on trying to remove my old account, but they said it cannot be done without making the app unusable on my device. They mentioned a second option, which is Right of Access. It is explained a bit in the link below, but honestly, I’m having trouble understanding it. The person who I’ve been sending in a support ticket to hasn’t been explaining it to me clearly, no matter how may times I ask. Could any of you read it briefly and explain it to me?

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-15-gdpr/

2 Likes

Hey girl!

Summary:

You have the right to know how your personal data is being used and what for.
(Then they let you know what kind of data you should be able to access)

List of the data u should be able to get:

• The purpose of the processing

• The categories of the personal data concerned are…(what kinds of categories that your personal data is linked with)

- Who has the information of your personal data especially if it's transferred to a "third country" or an international organization. 

And if possible, the planned period whereas the data has been or will be stored. And the criteria if that’s not possible determine (the period);

!!!Read the article because I can’t explain that in any other way at the numbers 5 -.8!!!

- Where the personal data is sent, to a third country or international organization. And the data subject shall have the right to be informed of appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer of the personal data (for more info read Article 46)

- The controller should provide a copy of the Data undergoing processing. But for more copies related to personal data, the controller has the right to charge because of the administrative cost. If the data is requested electronically and if not anything else is requested by the data subject, the information should be provided in electronic form.

- The right to have a copy of the personal data related to paragraph 3 should not affect the rights and freedoms of others.

That’s all if you have any more questions regarding this you can ask me here or Dm me on Instagram at @erosiasepisode

3 Likes

thank you so much for this! It’s a lot clearer now! I’m just wondering why they would give me this option when I was trying to delete my old account :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah that sounds pretty odd I mean the reason is not to get access to your info if u are trying to delete it🧐

No prob btw :heart:

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: