Romance cliches to avoid?

What are some romance cliches that you can’t stand? Some you think should be avoided all together? Some that could work if written well?

1 Like

I’d say probably try to avoid the normal, boy gets girl and they fall in love quickly - maybe try and mix it up so they start by not liking each other that much / starts out as an unlikely relationship but something forces them to slowly get closer…? (whilst throwing in some drama so it’s not boring). I can’t stand it when the plot is really obvious, to me it’s better to be left hanging at the end of a chapter, wondering what will happen next. This is just my opinion though and obviously depends on the genre of the story! :slight_smile: I think that some magic - type stories turn out really good as long as you can ace the overlays :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!! I’m currently working on a fantasy story but then had another story idea pop in my head. So once this one is done that’s what I’ll be working on.:joy:

1 Like

Beggining a love scene with “I want you to take me, right here right now.” :rofl:

2 Likes

Ooohh once you’ve published it, tell me and I’ll check it out! I love fantasy stories! :joy:

1 Like

My fantasy story is published!

I was asking about romance cliches for another story in outlining :joy:

1 Like

Oh my gosh.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.