Romance-less Episode Stories

Here’s an pretty difficult request:
What are some good Episode stories that contain no romance? :thinking:

I’m genuinely curious if any exist.

1 Like

Greetings! Not sure if you’re open to a bit of self promotion, but I have one story completely without romance, and two others where you can choose to remain in a platonic relationship with the love interests. Meaning if you don’t romance them, they won’t romance you (though one of the LI in one story will flirt with you regardless simply because he flirts with everything a pulse because he’s a randy bard). Two of them are contest winners so I’m assuming those two would count as “good”, though everyone has their own taste. Perhaps one or all will pique your interest. If you do end up reading any of them, I’d love to hear any thoughts you may have. :grin:

No romance:

Magicka: Dark Star

Title: Magicka: Dark Star
Author: Silver Lady
Genre: Adventure/Dark Fantasy
Style: LL
Description: Lyal was born under a dark star, an omen of evil and death . Will she rage against the dying of her light? Or will she embrace her dark destiny? (choices matter, 4 endings).
Episode Accolades: Magicka Contest Winner
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5969712374808576
Cover:

Choice not to romance:

Daughter of Shadow

Title: Daughter of Shadow
IG: @silverlady.epi
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery
Style: Limelight
Number of Episodes: 7 currently, more on the way.
Description: You wake alone in a forest with few memories and a magical brand. As you’re pulled into a world of intrigue & deception, will you discover who you really are, or die trying?
Additional Info: Choice of two love interests (one of which you are able to choose the gender of), single option, full CC for MC and the two LI, two different point systems, currency system within the game, choices matter, multiple endings.
Episode Accolades: Heroic Contest Winner
Link: Episode Writer Portal
Covers:

Blood of Wolves

Title: Blood of Wolves
Genre: Fantasy
Number of Episodes: 6 currently, more on the way.
Description: After years of captivity and experimentation, you escape and find refuge in the magical sanctuary of Cysegr Hudol. But will the evil that follows you bring doom to all within?
Additional Info: Choice of two love interests, single option, full CC for MC and the two LI (with the exception of eye color for one of the LI), two different point systems, choices matter, multiple endings. Spin-off of Eternal Oblivion.
Link: Episode Writer Portal
Cover:

3 Likes

Also ”The Infected” by Caitoriri has a no romance option! Very good story I have to say.

2 Likes

Both my stories don’t have much romance in it. I only added a slight bit of romance to this newest one because I knew people would want it.

Newest One (a tiny bit of romance but not much)

I guess the brothers could be love interests but it’s only for the sake of it, I don’t focus on it.

Title: The Fourth Wall
Author: The Button
Genre: Adventure
Episodes: 7
Available for: iPhone and iPad
Customization: Full CC
Description:
Lydia and her friends start to question their reality when, after a strange nightmare, she realises she doesn’t remember anything.

Cover:
Small:
New_Episode_Weekly_posterThumb_xUtJ0kWqwW

Large:

What to expect from this story:

• Different perspectives
  • Time Travel
  • Alternate realities
  • Little bit of romance but much more focus on the story
  • Mystery, Adventure, Science Fiction

Link:
Episode Writer Portal

Older one (basically no romance)

There is literally only one kiss with secondary characters just in one episode.

Also, this was my first story so this one is much lower quality than my newest one, but if you still want to read it then go ahead.

Title: Roses Are Red
Genre: Mystery
Author: The Button Bop
Episodes: 5
Synopsis: In 1955, 6 girls are invited to a mysterious house. But what awaits inside are secrets that have been kept for centuries, and a complicated game waiting to be played.
Cover:

Link:
Episode Writer Portal

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for story recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Watch Me Fly by Christiana Marie has no love interests

Chicanery & The Wall by J.Miley have no love interest options

1 Like

Ticket to Heaven - There is an optional LI but honestly it’s not even noticeable, and the MC reads pretty aromantic to me

Bad Cops - there is a YOU character who gets a LI but it’s background and they already have script names so it’s not even a YOU char if u don’t want it to be

Dead or Alive by Sargym (the MC is aroace) is really good!!