Romance on episode 🕊

Hello there <3
You don’t have to be on episode long to notice most stories and actually the app itself is focused a lot on romance, however i was curious to actually know if people want something else: something more. There are people who don’t really like romance as much and would prefer none included. So, would you like more episode stories less romance focused? Why or why not?

11 Likes

If I’m being honest, I actually really enjoy romance stories gives me a break from real life romance XD. But sometimes they do seem to replay plots after a while, and it’s nice to see other stories like action, thriller, and fantasy!

3 Likes

You’re just used to the normal relationship plots, people should work on these.

5 Likes

When I think of romance that I want to read, I think of a tale of growth and development as two complete humans work to overcome their problems and slowly grow closer together. That’s basically the only kind of romance that I’d want to read, a story about human intrigue, with interesting characters and heart-wrenching plot points.

Unfortunately, it seems like the best-selling romance (both in irl novels and especially on Episode) is more about wish-fulfillment, a collective daydream about a badass billionaire here to spoil you just for being you. And not that there’s anything wrong with that, I just don’t enjoy it.

So I prefer to read stories where romance is either a side point or absent completely. Things like action, fantasy, and sci-fi tend to have a purpose that I can get behind (solving a problem or fighting some greater evil).

7 Likes

I don’t enjoy reading romance stories, but I really don’t care if majority of the stories have a romantic plot or side-plot IF they are categorized properly. I like the mystery/thriller/horror genre stories, so it’s really frustrating to look in those sections and find that nearly all of the stories in the top user stories portion have romance as a major theme. In my opinion, if romance is central to the plot, it should be categorized in the romance/drama section, and if it’s not, love interests should be optional.

3 Likes

I dont like romance. its very few I actually read and that is because they are really good. but I keep to fantasy. thought those are full of supernatural romance :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well, what I want is the genre’s to be clear. You could be reading mystery/fantasy/action and it’s all just romance. I think we should have specific genres.

5 Likes

Yep. it’s basically lust not love.

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for a good romance! It’s when they become cheesy or predictable that I loose interest and stop reading. :see_no_evil: Like @AMagic said, theres so many different types of romance to write about! Focusing on the different types of romantic themes will help stray from the norm and make things a lot more enticing and readable!

2 Likes

I love romance! But not the super dramatic ones with something ripping the characters apart every chapter. Some struggle but also some good times and realistic stuff.

:thinking::thinking:why do I have a cake by my name?

I dont see cake here. but if its one piece it means its today you made your profil. if its a big cake its your birthday

2 Likes

Must be my birthday hahah (but it’s not til next week) haha

2 Likes

well then you most have put a wrong dato in

2 Likes

Yes. Certain romance stories are so badly written, that they make me want to stop reading this genre as a whole. But this way I might miss on the really good ones, so when I’m in the mood, I still give these stories a chance. Because yes, there are good ones, and yes, I love romance in stories… But as I noticed, most of them are super cliche and straight up stupid when romance is the main focus. They usually don’t even have a plot, nor any purpose. It’s just the main characters’ unnecessarily drama throughout 40+ episodes. And man, I don’t want to waste my time with that.

My favourite stories usually include romance, but in most of them it’s only a subplot.

3 Likes

I don’t mind romance stories, tbh. IF they are well written and directed. There’s nothing worse than an awkwardly placed character doing the kiss animations. :rofl:

But, I also would really like to see a story that has romance in it, but it not be the goal or main focus. Like a medical drama with the main characters love lives as a subplot in it. Or an action story that shows the relationship growing throughout because they realize they love each other. Does that make sense?
*edit : It would be nice to see romance stories that show a relationship as it grows, changes and becomes a romance. More to the point, I’d like to see stories that don’t have cheating as the ONLY reason a relationship comes to an end.

2 Likes

See, this is what I was trying to explain in my answer! Also, can cheating please stop being used as the reason a relationship ends? Really- it’s not the only reason in the world.:roll_eyes: lol

2 Likes

I skip the romance section altogether hahah. But it’s very difficult since even other genres authors purposely put their story there even though it’s mainly romance just so they could be in the top ranks…

Cause it’s very difficult to compete with a popular author due to fan base…

3 Likes

Also, very true! lol

1 Like

I actually really love reading it. That being said, it must be a romance I enjoy or at least tolerate - which I think goes for a lot of other people too. Some people would rather avoid it altogether, but I think quite a few people just dislike the writing of various story romances and not romance as a whole.

It also helps if the romance is more of a subgenre, I think. For example: I might not be interested in modern romances so much, but maybe I would really, really like to read fantasy romance or a sci-fi romance. I’ll also probably check out a romance if it gets recommended to me by a friend.

4 Likes