Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

It will say that when the overlay name is wrong. How frustrating for you :persevere: have you set the opacity to 1 at the beginning of the scene to make sure it’s there?

it aint tehre

Sorry, for asking another question lmao. But how can I make it required to look at all the choices (such as the credits, faq, etc.) before the reader can click the “End Story” choice?

You can use gains or the point system for that.

Is there an easy way to check the layers of my overlays?

I use a lot of overlays in my story and it’s difficult to keep track of where each overlay is. One of my smaller overlays got hidden beneath a larger overlay and it took me ages to figure out where it was…

Another question: Can I increase the font size of the text inside my speech bubbles? If so, how?

you can put them to the layers when you placing them so you always know in which layer they are

You can use text effects but I don’t think you can increase the size.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

On another note, I want brackets to show up in the speech bubbles. For example:

NARRATOR (YOU)
(What should I do?)

But when I do that, I get “What should I do?” without the brackets. How do I force the brackets to show up? Do I use escape characters, and if so, what are they?

Do you know how to add props into a scean and if you do help me.

You can’t. Brackets are for thought bubbles. The only thing you can do it’s put some word before it without the brackets.
NARR
Text. (Dialogue)

1 Like

HELP ME ???
So, I’m a new writer here, and I’ve got everything down, except this ONE problem and I don’t know how to fix it.

Whenever I try to just have one of my characters perform an action and then another right after, I put a pause for a beat in. But when i do that an error pops up. Here’s an example.

NARRATOR
Good.
Next Wednesday, at 4:00 P.M. sharp.
DEAN (talk_phone_neutral_loop)
Okay, bye.

DEAN (read_phone_neutral)
@pause for a beat
DEAN (eyeroll)
And then I get an error message saying, " You can’t have one character immediately following another.
AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP.

@DEAN is read_phone_neutral
@pause for a beat
@DEAN is eyeroll

the name and action in the brackets are for dialogue only

oh okay, thanks!

Title: The Waiting Years
A boy goes on a date with a girl and he sees the waitress and recognizes her. The waitress and he have been best friends for years until she went missing (she ran away).

Does this sound cliche?

I’m bad at story description

Doesn’t sound like a cliche, but that also depends on the actually storyline itself.

1 Like

Hey I’m kind of stuck on a changing outfits kind of thing. I’m not sure if it’s because I used a gain in the episode before to keep on a dress but if you think it is could somebody help me figure this out?

how to I make the camera zoom on someones face then cut into the other characters face which is also zoomed in?

Post your script and we will help! :slight_smile:

check this thread :slight_smile:

basically what you would do is:

@zoom on X Y to % in T
CHARACTER
Text.
@zoom on X Y to % in T <----- zoom on another character

Thank you!