Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

you have to use the if/elif/else system.
example:
if (wavy_parted) {
@CHAR changes hair into Long Wavy Parted Hair
}
if (purple dress) {
@CHAR changes into CHAR_purple_dress
}

1 Like

For the flashback right? & thank you so much. After will the outfit/hair go back to what the reader chose? (I’m sorry I’m asking so much I just like being sure I spent like 30 minutes trying to fix this lol)

1 Like

After the flashback you would use the if/elif/else system, for the flashback you would write:
@CHAR changes into CHAR_flashback_outfit

and then after the flashback it would be the example I gave.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m in the middle of writing my first chapter of my first story, so far I’ve got about 650 lines of code, I know the first chapter should usually be the longest (or one of the longest) but how long should it be?

Also any other tips for a new writer is appreciated :grin:

Don’t look at lines, we all have a different writing styles, just time reading and see how long it is.

Check out my thread here:

POLL: How long episodes / chapters should be?

Also, check out this one:

What makes you quit after the first episode?

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, no that won’t work. You can add a pause instead. Even if it’s for 0 seconds, it will then allow an if command afterwards.

I can’t believe I didn’t know that lol, thank you so much!

No worries, I would LOVE to read your story when you publish! Or maybe even if need beta testers for the first chapter.

It’s actually already out haha! It’s called Elements, you can find the link on my IG if you can’t find it: nelia.episode! That if/else is actually for one of the last chapters haha!

Oooh I’m even more intrigued!! Loll, I’ll definitely take a look.

:blush::blush:

hey do you know how to put two animations for a dialogue, I learned how to mix animations, but I don’t know how to do it for dialogue.

&CHARACTER starts animation AND pause for S THEN CHARACTER starts animation
CHARACTER
Dialogue.

Adjust time of the pause to animation :slight_smile:

Omg thank you so much, I was starting to get frustrated.

1 Like

I need help…

I am trying to make a choice to help wake up my character from a nightmare… i have 3 of the same choices
“Wake Up” but only one of them will wake her up… instead of it just staying on her and going back to the choice each time a wrong one is made, I would like for during those choices it looks like shes waking up (if that makes sense, but i’m not sure how to do this.)

Depends on how she’s sleeping. Are you using Ink or Limelight? And what animation are you using for the character as she sleeps?

Hi, I would like some help with remembering outfit choices for a later scene. I got the coding all written, but when it comes to said later scene, it puts my character in “Covered Hoodie” instead of the one I originally clicked, which was “Red Cami”. Thank you!

03%20PM

1 Like

You would put: gain red_lace

Then

if (red_lace) {
@CHAR changes into red_lace
}

And then repeat for each one

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like