Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

You have to login into episodeinteractive.com and sign in using the email you use on the app. When you sign in, there will be a button that indicates Start A New Story.

how do i make it so a character can “slide” offscreen while doing an animation?? i tried doing, for example, “@EMMALEE is idle_headbob_neutral_loop and EMMALEE exits left”.

Try:
@EMMALEE exits left AND EMMALEE is idle_headbob_neutral_loop

1 Like

that worked! thank you!

How do i get my characters to walk in from a far away distance like they just come in from the side then zoom in. I have 4 characters and idk how to do it

I have a guide on this:

You’ll find the answer on 2B

Hey! I’ve been struggling with zones atm , and I’m not sure how to fix this. I want my character to stand at zone 3 of a bg while doing a animation, but when I say cut to zone 3 it doesn’t work? My char is in zone 3 but when I right @cut to zone 3, it doesn’t come up as an error but ignores it. My script is this if it’ll help:

EXT. DUTCH COLONIAL HOME - NIGHT
@speechbubble is 164 393 to 100%
&zoom on 189 382 to 292% in 4
NARRATOR (ELIJAH)
My bedroom feels warm, but it’s cold outside.
I could tell because of the foggy windows.
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 3
@ELIJAH stands upscreen right in zone 3 AND ELIJAH is listen_phone_sad_loop

INT. DUMPY APARTMENT BEDROOM - NIGHT

@transition fade in black in 4
NARRATOR (ELIJAH)
It made me realize,
That there are things you know,
But can’t accept, and that,
There are things you can feel,

That specific background doesn’t have a zone 3. It has just 2 zones. Does it cut to your character on a black background or does it not cut at all?

OHHH! It doesn’t cut at all though

Ok, nvm , it works now! but when it transitions to black and it’s finished, the background comes after it. (does that make sense?) is there a way to make it transition and change the background at the same time?

Yeh, I think I understand what you mean. You’d want to use a fade out transition for that:

EXT. DUTCH COLONIAL HOME - NIGHT
@speechbubble is 164 393 to 100%
&zoom on 189 382 to 292% in 4
NARRATOR (ELIJAH)
My bedroom feels warm, but it’s cold outside.
I could tell because of the foggy windows.
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 3
@ELIJAH stands upscreen right in zone 3 AND ELIJAH is listen_phone_sad_loop

@transition fade in black in 4

INT. DUMPY APARTMENT BEDROOM - NIGHT

NARRATOR (ELIJAH)
It made me realize,
That there are things you know,
But can’t accept, and that,
There are things you can feel,

Ok , I tried it and it worked! Thank you sm!

You got it. I love your profile pic btw :joy:

1 Like

Hi! Me again lmao
I’m trying to get a scene where one char is running to the ocean and the other is doing a laugh animation, but this comes up as an error, sayings it’s not a valid command. Here’s the script if it’ll help (im using that bg because im just trying to get a screenshot for a sneak peek post im making ouchies)

EXT. ST JEZEBEL BEACH LOOPING - SUNSET
@cut to zone 2
@ELIJAH changes into swim1
@IVAN changes into swim2
@IVAN moves to layer 2 AND ELIJAH moves to layer 1
@IVAN spot 0.881 30 214 in zone 2 AND IVAN faces right in zone 2 AND ELIJAH spot 0.821 120 220 in zone 2 AND ELIJAH faces right
@ELIJAH walks to spot 0.821 168 233 in 10 AND ELIJAH faces right AND ELIJAH is run_jog AND IVAN is laugh_chuckle

You can’t put two moving layer commands together. You have to split them up:

EXT. ST JEZEBEL BEACH LOOPING - SUNSET
@cut to zone 2
@ELIJAH changes into swim1
@IVAN changes into swim2
@IVAN moves to layer 2
@ELIJAH moves to layer 1
@IVAN spot 0.881 30 214 in zone 2 AND IVAN faces right in zone 2 AND ELIJAH spot 0.821 120 220 in zone 2 AND ELIJAH faces right
@ELIJAH walks to spot 0.821 168 233 in 10 AND ELIJAH faces right AND ELIJAH is run_jog AND IVAN is laugh_chuckle

Oh sorry! I didn’t say which line it said was an error. I had no problem with the layers but I did have at the :
@IVAN spot 0.881 30 214 in zone 2 AND IVAN faces right in zone 2 AND ELIJAH spot 0.821 120 220 in zone 2 AND ELIJAH faces right one

Oh okay so the zone should be attached to the walking command only:

Thank you so much!! <3

Ok,so i have 2 questions. First one, how do i get my background to move? i went to the art catalog ,then when to the drop down to looping and chose a background. My character is moving but not the background. Second question is how to i get the sound to stop once it has been played?

1. The background should move automatically. Be sure to check your story on the app as it’s more reliable than the web previewer.

2. If you’re using the sound command, you turn it off by using the command: sound off
    If you’re using the music command, you turn it off by using the command: music off