Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

Thank you!

2 Likes

How long is one episode typically? (How many lines)
~Thank You!!!

The minimum is 400 lines which, depending on your content, is about 3 minutes of screen time. But there is no limit on how long an episode chapter can be. But I think most authors try to keep them under 10 minutes.

1 Like

Thanks!

Idk what I’m doing wrong, in the episode app, it shows my character just standing there and not doing the animation.

Try: @LILY stands screen center AND LILY is animation

1 Like

alright thanks!

OMG this was exactly what I needed, thanks!

How do you make a character already be wearing an outfit (without the readers picking it).

For example, I want my character to walk in in their pajamas but they’re wearing their default outfit.

You use the changes command:

@CHAR changes into outfit_name

ok so i have a looping background (INT. MALL LOOP - DAY) then i have 2 characters walking in and idk how to get them to walk in and just continue walking. when i play it the characters walk in, stop, then continue walking. Can you plz tell me what i’m doing wrong?

@ZAY enters from left to screen center AND ZAY is walk_neutral
**@SASHA enters from left to screen left **
@ZAY is walk_neutral
@SASHA is walk_neutral

You’ll need to add the commands in one line:

@ZAY enters from left to screen center AND SASHA enters from left to screen left
@ZAY is walk_neutral AND SASHA is walk_neutral

Thank you so much!:heart:

the background I am using has a built-in overlay (like a desk) and I can’t get my character in front of it no matter how hard I try and no matter of what number layer he is on.
the background I’m using is INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY

So when you’re using a bg with a built in overlay, you use the bg as an overlay and then add in a layer, like so:

INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY with INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY at layer x

Off topic :no_mouth:

HAPPY FORUM ANNIVERSARY @RudeInception :heart_eyes::birthday::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream: thank you so much!!! :blue_heart:

1 Like

im having a problem how do you make a character stand in front of an overly
like the overlay behind the character

I’m assuming you’re also using a bg with a built in overlay. So you need to use the bg as an overlay and add a layer.

Ex:

Then you add the character at a higher layer than the overlay.