Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

Yes

So as a default, filters have a short timer. So even if you don’t add a timer, it will make a gradual transition. What I would do is add the filter command right after the background and add a timer of 0:

EXT. JULES HOUSE - DAY with effect LIGHT RAIN

&set hsl 5 -50 8 colorize with blendMode NORMAL to 100% in 0

You also have a transition happening. And if you don’t place your whole set up immediately, it will look off. So I would also advise that you use & where you can instead of @, and that you also add a timer of 0 on your overlay commands because they also have a default timer:

@YOUNG NUR changes into young nurs coat outfit

@YOUNG NUR changes hair into Double Bun Updo

&overlay FLY create

&overlay FLY opacity 1 in 0

&overlay FLY shifts to 184 425 in 0 (also, just FYI, if you have issues with this placing your overlay somewhere else, be sure to add in the zone)

&overlay FLY scales to 0.233 0.233 in 0

&zoom on 304 539 to 308% in 0

@transition fade in 3

1 Like

Tysm​:blue_heart::blue_heart:

No prob, let me know if it works out :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

It did thabks again :blue_heart:

I can’t see the chestnut overlay. Help

It’s probably in another zone. Add the zone to your shift command:

@overlay CHESTNUT HOLD shifts to 100 100 in zone 1

I’m assuming it’s in zone 1.

Hello. My question is how can I make the character name narrate what they’re thinking without actually speaking. Like if the reader is reading their thoughts?? I usually use the narrator for this case but it’s really not the best.

There’s two ways you can do this. It all depends on your preference and on the way the scene is set up.

1. There’s thought bubbles you can use. I’m sure you’ve seen them. They’re a cloud looking version of speechbubbles that are used when a character is thinking instead of speaking. You use this option by putting parenthesis on your dialogue:

CHAR
(Dialogue.)

1. Then there’s the narrator box with the character’s name on top of it. It looks just like a narrator box but it’s personalized with the name of who ever is thinking or speaking. This is usually used when a character is relating or remembering something from the past. You use this option by creating a narrator box and adding the character’s name next to it, in parenthesis:

NARRATOR (CHAR)
Dialogue.

Either one works.

1 Like

#2 us what I was looking for. Thank you so much!! This was not on the guide so it was really hard to figure out. Thanks again!!! :smiley:

it didnt work

now the overlay hold disappears but idle doesnt come

Wait what…
IDLE doesn’t show up?

yeah

I would also add timers to your overlay animation commands:

@overlay OVERLAY NAME create
@overlay OVERLAY NAME shifts to X Y in zone ___ in 0
@overlay OVERLAY NAME scales to S S in 0
@overlay OVERLAY NAME opacity 1 in 0

Adding & instead of @ also improves timing. But really that’s just overkill. The code should be working fine.

still doesn’t work. i tried the & first

Try moving the overlay, is it invisible or is it showing up in another zone?

it’s invisible. it won’t show up in the overlay section just cream 1, the lid and the other overlay

Preview it in the app and let me know if you get the same result

lmao i have something to ask… HOW DO YOU GET ENERGY TO CODEEE? idk how toooo help