Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

When I upload a cover to my story and it’s approved I can’t remove the old cover. Do you know how to remove the old cover and set the new one?

Once the cover is approved, you have to republish your story and then the new cover will be in effect.

1 Like

Is there a way when using zooms to stop it from doing the ‘swoop’ movement?
I just want a linear zoom that takes longer, but when I put the speed to slow it starts doing this big panning motion along with the zoom

use the X Y the same

so zoom on 736 273 to 500%

no swoop:

zoom on 736 273 to 100%

1 Like

There is and there isn’t. I use an odd method that only works sometimes. It depends a lot on the zoom percentage you’re already on.

Let’s talk first about why the boomerang effect happens. When we zoom on a spot on the screen and then zoom in/out towards another spot on the screen that is far away from the first spot, then the motion will look warped. I hope that makes sense.

Now, what I do to combat this, is to zoom onto the second spot’s coordinates using the same amount of zoom, and then immediately follow that up with the zoom in/out change.

For example, let’s say you want to zoom onto spot B in linear motion.
spot B = @zoom on 300 90 to 300%

But due to spot B’s position, there is a boomerang motion. And let’s say the screen is not zoomed in at all and that we are now in spot A.
spot A = @zoom on 0 0 to 100% (this is the default coordinates and percentage for an unzoomed screen)

In this case, I would zoom onto spot B’s coordinates (300 90), using spot A’s zoom percentage (100%).

@zoom on 300 90 to 100% in 0

Because I zoomed in at 100% (the same percentage as spot A) the zoom will not be visible. But now that I’ve made that change, I can go ahead and zoom to spot B and get a perfect linear motion.

But what if I’ve already zoomed in to a certain percentage? Which is very possible, since that is when most of this boomerang issues occur. Then this method can also work, but it might not. Either way here’s how to do it.

I will do exactly the same thing, only this time I will use a & instead of an @. And that is because the zoom will not be at 100% and so the change will be noticeable unless it happens quickly.

Let’s say spot A = @zoom on 120 40 to 130%, and spot B = @zoom on 300 90 to 200%.

I will use the same coordinates of spot B (300 90) and the same percentage of spot A (130%) while using the &. And then I’ll add the zoom to spot B after:

&zoom on 300 90 to 130% in 0
@zoom on 300 90 to 200% in 3

If the coordinates aren’t too far from each other, this should create a quick zoom jump and a perfect linear zoom.

Hopefully this made sense… it’s hard to explain lol. Let me know if you need further instruction.

2 Likes

Hey, @RudeInception can I get some help, please?
Script:
& AUBREY exits left in 1 AND AUBREY is run_athletic VIVIAN exits left in 1 AND VIVIAN is run_athletic AND BROOKLYN exits left in 1 AND BROOKLYN is run_athletic AND ALYCE exits left in 1 AND ALYCE is run_athletic AND KAT exits left in 1 AND KAT is run_athletic AND LANA exits left in 1 AND LANA is run_athletic AND RYDER is think
Error:
"Use something like: @CHARACTER exits right"

you missed one “AND” :slight_smile:

My code has no detected errors, and previews fine on my computer, but on my phone it stops working 20 lines in. Is this just an error or do I need to fix my code before adding more things?

Does the story just stop playing or does it give you an error message on the screen?

Oh, okay thanks!

HELP! Im fairly new to coding and im having trouble on character placement. I already know how to do advanced spot directing, layering, and all the stuff, but i cant seem to figure out this problem.
PROBLEM: everytime i save the chapter, i preview it right after. When i preview my story, you can see the characters place one by one. I want them to automatically be all placed together without the reader seeing them being placed. Thank you in advance to anyone who replies!

Sorry for the late response! It just freeezes. No message.

Hey! Does anyone know how to make a character talk while not moving at all? I made the character do a shush animation so their face can look awkward. Then I want them to have a “thought” but keep the same awkward face.
Second:
How do you make a character do an animation while there is still a speech bubble there? An example would be in the story War Dogs where the MC talks then does another animation even though I didn’t tap to continue.

I recommend using & instead of @ when placing characters in a scene, that way they’re all there at once.

That’s an odd one, especially if it’s playing fine in the web previewer. Has this always happened or did it start happening with a recent script update?

1. To have a dialogue or though bubble ppp up with changing the animation of character can be done by just add in the dialogue command without using an animation:

CHAR
Hey!

1. I’m not sure how the author of War Dogs did it, and I’ve never done it myself. But if I were to do this I’d probably use my pause method, since it’s versatile. I would add a pause command, followed by a then command on the same line and use & instead of @. So it would look something like this:

&pause for 3 THEN CHAR is animation

CHAR (animation)
Hey!

Recent script update.

INT. ZEN BRADYY - DAY
&zoom reset
&ADRIAN spot 2.250 186 -458 AND ADRIAN faces right AND ADRIAN is text_phone_neutral_loop
@SAGE spot 2.080 408 -321 AND SAGE faces left
SAGE
After school we need to set some ground rules.
Like maybe if you woke up early we could talk in the morning.
Ya know?
@pause for 3
SAGE
Are you even listening?
@pause for 2
@SAGE moves to layer 2
@SAGE is slap_face
@overlay MY PHONE OVERLAY create
@overlay MY PHONE OVERLAY opacity 1
&overlay 5473899824545792_MY PHONE OVERLAY shifts to 226 278
&overlay 5473899824545792_MY PHONE OVERLAY scales to 0.208 0.208
@overlay MY PHONE OVERLAY moves to layer 1
&overlay 5473899824545792_MY PHONE OVERLAY shifts to 220 -92 in 1
&ADRIAN is shocked

How do I make the phone fall out of Adrian’s hand?

I need help

Im trying to make a scene where the new gril is in the hall way and. People are staring at her idk how to add the characters in different areas