Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

Tysm!!!

YW!

tenor

oml yes!!! :joy:

Hi Rude! Hope you don’t mind me asking if there’s any way to scale down the characters in this mode?

I can’t post images yet but link is here imgur . com/a/K65OLvX :slight_smile:

Also another question, is there any way to change character’s features like hair or face shape in the script? I tried to search the guide but I couldn’t find any :frowning:

Hey @joyfuls ! Welcome!!

So that mode is called Spotlight, and I don’t believe there is a way to scale the character because they only appear on screen when you give a character dialogue.

And yes, there is a way to change up character features within the script.
The general command is: @CHAR changes _________ into Feature Name
Here are some examples (INK):

@MICHELLE changes hair into Classic Bob
@BRYAN changes mouth into Full Round

The following is a list of body part names:

• eyebrows
  • hair
  • eyes
  • face
  • nose
  • mouth
1 Like

Is there a code for text to skip automatically (i.e. the viewer doesn’t have to tap on their screen to go to the next line of script)

Hey! Welcome!

No, unfortunately there is no way to forward thru a dialogue line. You can cut out a dialogue box and use it as an overlay and skip thru them automatically. That’s the most you can do.

Do you help in giving story ideas?

Thank you so much <3 Is it possible to change back into normal mode after picking Spotlight?

Hi Rude! Hope you’re well :slight_smile:
I’ve wanted to ask you if you’d know the best way to code one character falling and the second one catching her/him in his arms in LL? What I tried so far looks kinda unnatural :face_with_raised_eyebrow: thank you!

If you want to bounce around some ideas with me, or perhaps talk about a plot point you’re unsure of, I’ll be glad to listen. Feel free to pm me. But, I generally don’t like to suggest a whole story idea, just because I feel that we all are very different people and we can all benefit from listening to our inner author.

1 Like

Yes! You can do this by adding the following command at the beginning of your script:

set format cinematic

1 Like

Heyyy!

I am very unfamiliar with LL animations tbh with you loll. But if you provide me with the code you have so far, I’m sure I can help tweak it a bit. If you don’t want to publicly post it, feel free to pm me.

Ok

Hi!
I’m having some difficulty trying to figure out how to direct timed tapplable overlays. The tappable overlay that I’m using will only be on the screen for a few moments before disappearing. I’ve tested this part and it works fine but, once it disappears nothing else happens.
I’d like the reader to be taken to another scene if they fail to tap the overlay in time. Can you help me with this?

Ana x

Can I get some help with the TABLE FANCY overlay in the Restaurant please. I don’t know how to get it into where the characters are supposed to sit.

Its confusing the hell out of me

Sure! Let’s see your code.

Here’s a guide on overlay placement and animation. If you need further assistance, let me know.

Thanks! This is the code I use for the tappable overlay:

Summary

INT. PINEWOOD FOREST - NIGHT with RABBIT to 0.008 -30 481 at layer 1

@zoom reset
@transition fade in white 0.001
&overlay RABBIT shifts to -30 -226 in 1 in zone 1

tappable
“RABBIT”{

sound button_click
&overlay RABBIT opacity 0 in 0

NARR
Congratulations!
}

The overly shifts to a position off the screen.
If possible, I’d like the timer to end after the 1 second that it takes the overlay to shift from one end of the screen to the other.

Okay, awesome, so you’ll have to add in another overlay. For the concept you’re trying to go for, I suggest using a narration bubble saying something like: Too bad! or something like that. You’ll have to add in the overlay and place it offscreen. Then add a pause THEN code a line above the tappable choice command that will move the RABBIT overlay offscreen and place the other overlay onscreen. That way the reader won’t be able to click on the RABBIT and will have to click on the second overlay. Then a second part to the tappable command using the second overlay. Hope this is making sense. I’ll provide you with the general code. Let me know if you have any questions.

INT. PINEWOOD FOREST - NIGHT with RABBIT to 0.008 -30 481 at layer 1

@zoom reset
@transition fade in white 0.001
@overlay RABBIT shifts to -30 -226 in 1 in zone 1
@overlay OTHER OVERLAY shifts to X Y in Z

&pause for 5 THEN overlay RABBIT shifts to X Y in Z in 0 THEN overlay OTHER OVERLAY shifts to X Y in Z in 0

tappable
“RABBIT”{

sound button_click
&overlay RABBIT opacity 0 in 0

NARR
Congratulations!

} “OTHER OVERLAY” {

continue

}

Blue: The coordinates should push the overlay offscreen.
Red: The coordinates should push the overlay onscreen.

The continue command will push the story forward. If you want the reader to jump to a different scene, then use the goto command and add a label.