Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

I will try that, thank you for your help!

I will also try this too, thanks for replying!

:sweat_smile: … By any chance @Januva and/or @MG_789, could one of you help me with this error?

@NICHELLE enters from left to screen center
@NICHELLE walks to spot scale x y
@NICHELLE faces right
Is how I do it

1 Like

Oh! Thanks, it was SO frustrating with the error poping up… Thanks for your help again!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

How IN THE WORLD do you code toasters? I need help w/ this ASAP so I can continue my story! Thanks :sparkling_heart:

readerMessage your message here

Thank you so very much!

1 Like

Hello, I have a question on how to get your story to go over the main character’s shoulder and see her back and the other person she is speaking with. You see this a bunch in the Episode made stories and I was wondering if you guys knew how to do it?

So that’s called an Over The Shoulder shot (OTS) and it is easily done. You use Spot Directing to place CHAR 1 closer to the screen and closer to the left or right side of the screen. Then you have CHAR 1 do a rear animation. While CHAR 2 will be placed on the opposite side of the screen. That’s pretty much it. No fancy tricks, just proper placement. I recommend you play around with it in order to gain the skill. But if you are looking for a quick fix, Joseph Evan’s provides a template for OTS: link.

Thank you

So, I need help, in my script I’m trying to have my two character already talking when the scene fades in but it keeps popping the characters in AFTER it fades in. Also, I tried putting in the place where the characters are before the background but then it just spawns them in the black? Thank YouINT. BLACK - NIGHT
NARRATOR
CH. 1 - Just the Way Things Are…
Warning: This Story has parts with sound!

EXT. NEW YORK CITY - DAY

transition fade in

NPC2 spot 0.821 85 189 and NPC2 faces right and NPC2 is talk_handsonhips_neutral_rear and NPC1 spot 0.731 34 247 and NPC1 faces right and NPC1 is talk_armscrossed_angry_loop

@pan to zone 2
@pan to zone 4

NARRATOR
DellCliff is a city known for it’s dangerous crime

@pan to zone 1

NARRATOR
Pause

I disabled the at signs because it wasn’t letting me post otherwise

Add the transition after the scene has been set up:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
NARRATOR
CH. 1 - Just the Way Things Are…
Warning: This Story has parts with sound!

EXT. NEW YORK CITY - DAY

transition fade in

NPC2 spot 0.821 85 189 and NPC2 faces right and NPC2 is talk_handsonhips_neutral_rear and NPC1 spot 0.731 34 247 and NPC1 faces right and NPC1 is talk_armscrossed_angry_loop

transition fade in

Do you know how to get people to walk “in front of the camera” fast like some of the Episode Stories? Like their just passing by quick?

GASTLY!
:purple_heart:

I don’t know if this is an outfit but what is the outfit where the character is naked with the black bars on him/her because I’ve seen it in some stories but I don’t know the name for it. Thanks

Just time their walk time

A few examples:

@CHARACTER walks to screen left in 0.5
@CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y in 0.7
@CHARACTER exits right in 0.3

Just adjust the time to your preferences :slight_smile:

For your other question, the black bars are called: Censor bar

Can somebody please explain to me how to remember past choices for future chapters. It’s called the if else something and I’m really confused by it thanks

Check out: https://www.dara-amarie.com/remember-choice :heart: