Rules Around Using Episode Art Assets and Community Edits

If it’s not been released for public use then Episode retains the copyright. Using it when it is a non-public asset is not in line with our copyright policy.

13 Likes

Sorry, should’ve tagged you :see_no_evil:

1 Like

yh

You good!:heart:

2 Likes

Beyond personal use: wouldn’t sharing with a friend qualify as beyond personal use? This is why I am confused.

2 Likes

I have definitely seen people cough do that.

looks like i have to go and remove the hidden backgrounds lol

9 Likes

In a nutshell. We can carry on as we are. Editors and artists can continue to make their amazing backgrounds and overlays. Just don’t buy/sell them or put large watermarks on them, and avoid hidden backgrounds :ok_hand:

22 Likes

So the real issue here is with community editors who have received any kind of payment for their work? Is it then recommended that any editors who have a ko-fi or Patreon or any related ‘donation’ plan to remove this?

EDIT: I’m aware there are probably people who say ‘drop me x $ in my xx and I’ll make you an edit.’ But if there is an editor who just honestly receives donations as thanks is that still ‘payment’ in Episode’s eyes and should all editors cease having anything like this?

Edit2 cause I keep rereading and think I mean something else: An editor who isn’t being sneaky and honestly just had someone buy them a coffee as thanks for their effort. Even legitimate donations are considered payment and should not be taken? Phew. That’s my question.

18 Likes

welp time to remove them from my account.

6 Likes

yh lol

2 Likes

I’m still not convinced. I want to be 100% sure. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Thank you for the explanation Liz!

1 Like

Good example.

1 Like

I think art like this constitutes as copyright. Yes they free drew it but they used episodes assets (clothes, hair, etc.) and sold it for profit.

10 Likes

What about those who tutor their patreons?

1 Like

Has she actually taken any money for this do we know? Why on earth would anyone pay for a CC template :exploding_head: WHY would anyone CHARGE MONEY for these :no_mouth::woman_facepalming:t2:

23 Likes

It says she has 10 patreons so she has made money from it.
That’s what I’m saying. I could easily make a template like that in 2 hours tops myself rather than wrongfully donating 5 dollars to something stolen.

8 Likes

Peope just want money

3 Likes

This is what I was wondering I have seen artist charge commission and they have the episodes clothes and hairstyles. So I wonder if that was aloud. Even when they charged with the background that episodes owns but they drew it and added more things to it.

6 Likes

I’m in the wrong job :sob:

1 Like