Rules Around Using Episode Art Assets and Community Edits

What does it has to do with respect?

1 Like

Oh come on!! How many backgrounds must be deleted now? Isn’t that ashame?

What backgrounds are being deleted dear?

No backgrounds have to be deleted, fam.

Backgrounds and shish just can’t be “widely distributed” like
through a drive
or through
like shared like that, ya know? You can make edits and backgrounds with/for your friends and stuff, nothing has to be deleted.

You just can’t take backgrounds from public drives

7 Likes

I personally deleted a bunch of hidden and that’s it.

1 Like

Those custom made of Episode assets, hidden or published. :woman_facepalming:t4: Work, time, sweat., all erased with this rule.

1 Like
2 Likes

Well if you don’t want to do extra work - read TOS for example

I wasted a lot of my time on this stuff as well, but I can only blame myself.

4 Likes

Episode hasn’t released a specific statement requiring us to go back into our stories and replace backgrounds, yet. However, although this is unfortunate it’s not a new rule and this could have been avoided if everyone just read the TOS.

5 Likes

It definitely sucks, but this is a legal thing. Episode could get in a lot of trouble if they continued to allow users to keep certain drives up at this point and they know it.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there actually a thing I think Arlene said that if you have your backgrounds up already, it’s whatever, probably, you might be asked to take it down if it is one of those backgrounds, but “authors that have used it in previous chapters/episodes/stories won’t be punished for it”

100% sure I saw something like that somewhere

2 Likes

When reviewers come upon the story which uses anything hidden, they’ll notify author to take it down.

2 Likes

Yep. I know I saw this somewhere too. If they manage to see it, then you might be asked to take it down. But as for now asking people to replace previously used backgrounds is very tedious and ridiculous. So it’s not expected of anyone.

5 Likes

And it is completely reasonable. No one will ban your story. And they don’t go around sneaking and looking for them u know.

So yeah, Chill people and be more respectful.

8 Likes

Well, yeah. And they should. Hidden stuff is against the TOS, but as for the other “agh! My stuff’s all gotta go!” No, not all of it. But you should have followed the rules to begin with shrugs

4 Likes

I would like a clarification about the tappable overlays? I honestly dont think it is one of the “hidden” stuff like @CoraMae said, it is in beta testing so I think we are safe to use it, but clarification would be nice.

Dont spread unconfirmed assumptions people. It will only make people panic even more.

6 Likes

I don’t claime they’re not allowed. I just assume, since they were not given to us by Episode.

I actually said assumptions :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

Why, why, why wasn’t this enforced from the start?! Why let it continue on for so long? If this had been enforced from the start we would not be in this situation right now.

6 Likes

Because we all know Episode only cracks down on things when there’s the possibility that they’ll be in legal trouble

14 Likes