Rules Around Using Episode Art Assets and Community Edits

@lanafrazer_episode
I don’t quite understand the situation
Alexa can’t give backgrounds because she uses episode assests, ok. but what’s the dealio with making the background watermark smaller?

@luckyvirgo

1 Like

What im not understanding is why is this an issue now when it’s been going on for years? I understand that we can’t sell episode assets but sharing them is technically NOT selling, the editors ARE NOT recieving money for them!

This just aggrivates me so much because I was planning on using custom backgrounds from different drives and now their drives are closed because of this.

9 Likes

I agree, girl.
Sadly, though, that’s not how Episode sees it.

RIP Edited Backgrounds
2014-2019

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, what exactly makes certain backgrounds hidden?
I mean, I get the the thing about Pitch Perfect, Demi, and Mean Girls,
But what about the other stories with hidden backgrounds like My Brother’s Best Friend and The Baby Project?

Editing characters is not allowed by TOS!! Why does then Episode promote edits? By this it also means that memes with Episode characters are not allowed!

@fcukforcookies please explain this to me, because you’re obviously smarter than me in reading American laws. (language barrier)

2 Likes

don’t mind me, just lurking sipping this tea :coffee:

8 Likes

I highly recommend reading the terms of service fully before posting claims like this as it can cause major unnecessary uproar in the community. Section 7 defines what constitutes “Your Content” and can help with defining what exactly the Terms of Service mean.

Also, Liz has already explained below:

So basically, Don’t sell content that you have created with the use of episode assets.

12 Likes

I read them fully.

To be fair, I wasn’t actually told to shut down my drive, I was told I wasn’t allowed to share Episode edited backgrounds, or those with Episode assets on a public drive. So now, I have a drive with backgrounds, it just doesn’t have ones with Episode assets anymore and I just don’t make backgrounds with Episode assets anymore. Except for my personal use x

19 Likes

And here I thought I could not possibly like you more.

4 Likes

throws my 2 cents in omg same!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Would be nice to know which are the hidden AKA forbidden backgrounds we shouldn’t use :slight_smile: Because I might be using hidden backgrounds but is unaware they are hidden and it would suck getting my story removed as soon I publish it without knowledge to why :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Go to @/Rebecca.stories Instagram she shows which ones are the hidden backgrounds

1 Like

Ok, time to delete my story. Yay! :crazy_face:
(My story uses mostly hidden assets. Like 85%)

1 Like

Oh my good luck :new_moon_with_face:

I’m not sure why we have the sing_microphone_dance_energetic_loop animation if we aren’t allowed to use the hidden microphone prop. There’s a weirdly microphone-shaped chunk missing from the character’s hand.

12 Likes

Ohhhhhh I understand now, so your basically saying yes we can use our own edits and backgrounds etc, but we can’t sell them or advertise them.
If there is a big watermark that means this is not free and that the image belongs to someone so we are not allowed to use it, nor are we allowed to use hidden assets that are not on the background section from episode. Everything is basically the same and normal just a few restrictions. Is this correct, what i have said or not?

5 Likes

Yes, you’re correct. Although none of this is actually new, it’s just Episode have now started enforcing this.

2 Likes