Running through zones with more then one person

Hi there,

I need 4 characters to run through 3 zones of a background with one behind the other and with the camera following them.

I cannot think of how to do it!!?:scream:

Are you using INK or limelight? And where about’s did you want them on the screen? (Up close, mid screen, background?).

I can write you a template :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey!! well that would be amazing.

I am using INK

So I would like them as close to the camera so if they were still it would be screen centre. I guess up close.

Thanks so much xx

I always use spot directing so I hope this is what you meant that you wanted. Let me know if you wanted something different and I’ll be sure to help :grin:

Change the character names and background to suit your story :+1:t3:

EXT. ABBEY GARDEN - DAY
&AMIRA spot 1.280 -100 0 in zone 1 at layer 4 and AMIRA faces right and AMIRA is idle
&ALBIE spot 1.280 -150 0 in zone 1 at layer 3 and ALBIE faces right and ALBIE is idle
&WILLIAM spot 1.280 -200 0 in zone 1 at layer 2 and WILLIAM faces right and WILLIAM is idle
&TRAVON spot 1.280 -250 0 in zone 1 at layer 1 and TRAVON faces right and TRAVON is idle
@transition fade in black 2
&AMIRA walks to spot 1.280 1300 0 in 6 and AMIRA faces right and AMIRA does it while run_athletic_offset
&ALBIE walks to spot 1.280 1250 0 in 6 and ALBIE faces right and ALBIE does it while run_athletic_offset
&WILLIAM walks to spot 1.280 1200 0 in 6 and WILLIAM faces right and WILLIAM does it while run_athletic_offset
&TRAVON walks to spot 1.280 1150 0 in 6 and TRAVON faces right and TRAVON does it while run_athletic_offset
@pause for 1
@pan to zone 3 in 3.5

OMG just tried it and its PERFECT!! thank you so much!

I would never have figured that out. I keep trying to use @follow command! Was a nightmare.

Thanks for saving hours of my life :heart::heart:

Your welcome :slightly_smiling_face: I never use the @follow command, I prefer spot directing everything so I have full control.

If you need anything else, I’ll happily help :grin:

Me too :slight_smile: thanks so much again! I will certainly let you know if I get stuck again. Really appreciate it. xx

1 Like