Sᴛar Wars Quesᴛion

:joy:

Well I have only watched the first two films in the Sequels trilogy (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker). Probably should have watched them in order, so the Originals first, then the Prequels, but I didn’t :joy:

But if you want to watch everything from the beginning, I think you should watch it in the order @MTB gave. Happy watching :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I would say if you know absolutely nothing going into it, watch the saga films (episodes 1-9) in the order of 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9. You get the two best films to start, and there’s a revelation at the end of 5 that if pop culture hasn’t spoiled it for you already is pretty mind blowing. Going to watch 1-3 at that point gives you the backstory of that revelation. Rogue One and the Solo spin off can really be watched at any point, but probably best to do them last simply because there are so many call backs and easter eggs that you may miss them otherwise. Someone above mentioned the clone wars tv series. The tv shows are all worth a watch. The original clone wars mini-series is great, the later clone wars series eventually finds its legs and becomes really good as well. Rebels captures the feel of the original trilogy really well, and the Mandalorian series is just awesome.

So first, there is no such thing as A New Hope, it’s just called Star Wars and movie assholes like me really wish people would stop trying to make fetch happen. The original trilogy are the only films worth watching in my opinion, although for a lot of people that don’t watch them with the rose colored glasses of nostalgia they aren’t very good, don’t go in thinking you’re gonna be watching a masterpiece of classic cinema would be my advice. Rogue One was fun but every other film after the originals was a series of joyless cash grabs.

I’d recommend all of the TV stuff, the graphic novels are also pretty good if you’d like to get the full scope of the universe and the cannon which went largely ignored and left to waste by the newer films.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.