S.O.S. for labeling/choices game

Hi guys. This is something I’ve always wanted to do, and is very vital for my story. However, it’s unbelievably complex and I really need some help.

I don’t currently have this in script. But here’s how it goes:

It’s a contest of sorts. The reader will play as a character in 1 chapter. There are 3 tests with a few answers. And if there is a single wrong answer, the reader loses and the chapter is over with for them.
If a reader passes each question without fail, they get a secret code to give to me on a different social media platform(Instagram probably), and get to customize the default character.

I need to make sure that they can only get this code IF they pass all the questions. And whoever doesn’t, can’t see it and the chapter ends for them.

If anyone can help me with this or provide an example with what I have given, or even turn this into a script format for anyone to use, that would be immensely helpful.

This is very important for my story, and I know that many authors out there use similar and complex techniques for their story. But my specific request is beyond my understanding. I understand labels and whatnot. But I cannot do this alone.

Could someone please help me?

Ok, so I would suggest putting points. Like get a blank character and name it points and then put down +1 for every question they get right. And if they have less than 3 points, then they don’t get anything. If they get 3 points, then they get to move on to the special thing

1 Like

label Question1
NARR
[QUESTION]
choice
“Correct Awnser”{
goto Question2}
“Wrong Awnser”{
goto BadEnding}

label Question2
NARR
[QUESTION]
choice
“Correct Awnser”{
goto Question3}
“Wrong Awnser”{
goto BadEnding}

label Question3
NARR
[QUESTION]
choice
“Correct Awnser”{
goto GoodEnding}
“Wrong Awnser”{
goto BadEnding}

label GoodEnding
[SCENE FOR GETTING ALL THE QUESTIONS RIGHT]

label BadEnding
[SCENE FOR GETTING A QUESTION WRONG]

4 Likes

Actually do this one. It’s probably more sensible than my idea XD

1 Like

@LaurelleE27 Wait…how do I do that with 3 different sets of questions. This is what I had in mind:

1. Find the killer.
    A. The girl (wrong)
    A. The Clown (wrong)
    A. The Aunt (wrong
    A. The Mother (right)

(If they get it right, they move on to the next round. If not, it’s over for them.)

1. Who invented ice cream?
    A. China (right)
    A. Benjamin Franklin (wrong)
    A. Space (wrong)

2. What is the Capital of
    Spain?
    A. Madrid (right)
    A. China (right)
    A. Disneyland (wrong)

If the reader passes all of this, they get a secret code and get to customize their character. Any wrong answer imediatly makes them lose everything.

Could you pretty please tell me if it’s possible to make it that way? Or at least format it like that for me?

ANGEL
Find the killer
choice
“The girl” {

goto bad_ending

} “The clown” {

goto bad_ending

} “The aunt” {

goto bad_ending

} “The mother” {

goto continue1

}

label continue1

ANGEL
Who invented ice cream?
choice
“China” {

goto continue2

} “Benjamin Franklin” {

goto bad_ending

} “Space” {

goto bad_ending

}

label continue2

ANGEL
What is the capital of Spain?
choice
“Madrid” {

goto good_ending

} “China” {

goto good_ending

} “Disneyland” {

goto bad_ending

}
label bad_ending
whatever the bad ending is

label good_ending
whatever the good ending is

notes: Angel is the person asking the questions feel free to change it
For question three, there are two right answers instead of one. Not sure if that’s an accident or on purpose
other than that, feel free to use this with no credit!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.