Saying Goodbye to the Social Feed

How else are we supposed to share stories then? If that’s the case, they can either unfollow people who post random comments, or Episode can disable the feature where people are just making random posts, and just have the story sharing feature. Those random posts aren’t that serious where they should delete the entire thing. You don’t have to follow everyone, but we also should have to have an IG account just to keep up with stories.

1 Like

It’s not even like the feed is invasive, people can completely ignore it if they want.

1 Like

Why should Episode have to do all that just to get people stop posting nonsense? People should already know to not clog up the feed with random posts. Also, you can still see featured posts even if you don’t follow the people making them. The social feed was a great idea, but it was used incorrectly. Clearly many people have complained about this feature if it’s being deleted. Episode doesn’t delete things just to be jerks. I’m sorry for the people who really liked that feature, but it is what it is. :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Do all of what? I want them to leave it be, tbh. I’m just saying if they are going to remove something, if it’s REALLY that serious, they can just remove the status button. And even with the featured posts, you only see it if you actively click on the feed. It’s not invasive or in your face. I was just giving suggestions to the people who seem to be bothered by random posts. Many of us like the episode community. If anyone doesn’t like the feed, they don’t need to click on it. It’s presence isn’t hurting anyone, but it’s lack of presence will hurt small authors trying to get the word out about their stories, which is a shame.

1 Like

Also, a lot of us have connected with so many people on here and built friendships. It would be awful for them to take it away. This is usually a very supportive community, and they didn’t seem to ask the people who actually use it.

2 Likes

If your solution is to “Not click on it”, there’s no point of having it in the first place. Episode isn’t gonna keep something on their app that a lot of people don’t like. That would make them lose supporters. Losing supporters is serious! The trolling, spamming, bullying, and harassment that happens on the app due to the social feed is serious!! And most people didn’t even promote their story on the app because either: They have Instagram, they don’t use episode social feed, or they’re too busy posting random stuff.

Disabling and blocking things.

Like I said, it’s a story telling app. Not a social media platform. It wasn’t made for socializing about random things. It was out for like two years. They tried it, and it didn’t work out. :woman_shrugging:t4:

It wouldn’t be fair to the people who don’t like it to have to have it.

I’m sorry again to those who really liked that feature.

4 Likes

The feature I liked the most was the ability to share stories within the app. I used it a lot because I’m wayyyyyy too lazy to take a screenshot and make a post on IG lol. Being able to share a story directly on the app that users can click on and go to read the story straight away was so useful!

10 Likes

now that it will be removed, then what shall we use the follow ability for then.

1 Like

have this for like 2 months or more… already submitted a support ticket and they couldnt help me… lets see if episode can help you.

tenor (3)

5 Likes

I think it’s really unfair to be deleting the social feed, Episode! For one, you said you asked readers who have use of the social feed to vote whether it made their experience any better… I am one of many who have access to it and was never asked which seems unfair. How many other people were not included in this ‘vote’? As this could have majorly impacted the decision to keep or delete. I’m not happy about this and think that Episode should seriously reconsider before they lose a lot of readers meaning losing lots of money!

4 Likes

Also I’m curious as to whom you all asked about their experience, because I don’t recall getting a survey or being asked for feedback regarding the feed. Are you not supposed to survey the people who are part of the beta test? Are you absolutely certain that getting rid of it entirely is a better idea than leaving us with the ability to share stories and post about our updated stories or cutting out all the ridiculous chatter from the featured posts? Did I miss the survey? Who did you all get feedback from? :weary: Lol this is what happens when I don’t pay attention I guess.

Additionally, I think your feed is something that helps Episode stand apart from all the other apps, aside from the animations, that are popping up. If done properly, it’s definitely something that could have been utilized to help edge out other interactive apps. Welp…

13 Likes

Since y’all are removing this can we at least be able to add more than 30 stories in our profile recommendations? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I low key wish I had the social feed though :sob:

2 Likes

Why remove the social feed if it wasn’t even out for everyone? Did you even ask everyone with the social feed their thoughts? Or did you pick a few random people whether they have the feed or not? I suggest to reconsider this and give people the chance by guving it to everyone and ask the questions again this time with everyone who has it and not a select few, just reconsider this because it seems to be helpful to those using it properly

3 Likes

People on Episode helped to stay alive and to become my own self after 30 years of living someone else’s life.
I’m not a young user. I’m over 30 years old so this is not a some random “Oh, my life is over” kind of talk I’m going to write here. Everything that I’ll be saying next is written from the deepest parts of my heart and I hope that it would be taken in as consideration for keeping the Feed.
I downloaded Episode about 2 years ago. I loved reading the stories, it was a great way of escaping from my life which was turning into a nightmare the next following years. First I didn’t post on Feed and just read the stories and what others wrote on the feed. The more and more it made me feel like I could try expressing myself there as well. I wasn’t ready for making the story yet, but I felt that I could try to write down my thoughts. I didn’t expect anyone to follow me or really like what I had written, but there were people that did. I started making connections with people I didn’t know. People around the world. And I met one of the greatest people, honestly.
I was in a dark place when I downloaded the app. When I had started writing my quotes, my thoughts, I started to feel more alive, more me. And I had people rooting for me, thinking with me, supporting me. We became friends. We shared our deepest secrets and were there for each other. It was a community of hope, kindness, love and support. And it was also super fun! Being on Episode made me think differently. But it didn’t stop there. I became depressed due to my personal life and had suicidal thoughts. I never thought I would end up wanting to die, but I did, and I was ready to end my life in April 2019. But the 2 friends I had made on Episode Feed stopped me from making the worst decision in my life. I’m not talking just writing on Epi Feed. I am talking about them staying on the phone with me, talking to me, trying to do their best for me not to go for it. Without them I wouldn’t be here, writing to you. None of my “in real life friends” could stop me. My ex-partner told me it was too late for me, people around me either disappeared or just felt sorry for me instead of supporting me. But thanks to Matina and Arty I’m here.
There are people behind the screens. Yes, there are people that are using this place just for fun, or just to read stories. But it had become something so much more - true friendships, talks about real life, asking and giving advice, celebrating each other’s joys and being there for sorrows. It was a place where we “became a family”. Where we started several challenges, several events (Like the Epi Oscars). If you weren’t part of it then I’m sorry, but there are thousands of people that did that, ad thanks to all of this they felt more alive, more themselves. We were accepted for who we were. Yes, there were a few times when someone was nasty, but that was again when our community stuck together and fought against the bullies. Why kill this now?
I really hope you’ll reconsider. I’m very thankful for all the great people I have met there. I’m grateful for them for being part of my new self. The person that is happier than ever, someone that is more self-loving, more confident. Someone that knows what she’s worth and whatnot. I’m a person behind this screen, I have a soul, a heart that beats, a body that moves. I’m greater thanks to Epi People, thanks to my EpiFamily. And I visited one person that had helped me to save myself - Matina. So yes, it wasn’t only the phone screen talk. I saw her in real life and I could thank her for all the help she had given. I will never forget what people on Episode did to me. I’m alive and I’m thankful every single day for meeting them. So if you think that you might be only killing the Feed, the chances can also be that you are killing people’s souls with it. Real people that aren’t living in the made-up stories, but instead want to become greater, either by writing stories, reading them or sharing their thoughts and feelings through Episode Feed.
SisBay

6 Likes

Honestly. I think it should stay and be rolled out to EVERYONE. I’m very disappointed I never got it, I was looking forward to it for years and I just never got it. I filed 2 support tickets about never getting it. I really think it should stay but roll it out to everyone. It’s unfair most people NEVER got to even try it. Maybe the feedback would be better if it had been available to everyone. I’m very disappointed and upset I waited years for it be available and I never got it. I was so excited for it, this is honestly a huge let down.

4 Likes

Hello Im hear to say that you need to keep the social feed. This feed has changed my life. Last year I was alone. I felt like no one really cared for me. I couldn’t be myself. Then i found the episode social feed. I opened up. I realesed my goofy artistic self, and I found friends that stood by my side from day one. I met wonderful people that helped me get through the toughest year of my life. Thoose people not only supported me but helped me feel more alive. They made feel like life is not just a ticking time bomb and Im about to explode. I feel that If i haven’t of found the social feed, i wouldn’t be here today. If i haven’t of met Hailey, C. Ara, Rosie, Sophie, Callie, and so so many others i would be in the Grave. So please reconsider the decision you have made.

3 Likes

I feel like if this was to stay, there would need to be some changes made. For starters, a block button. That way we can block users who are trolls, rude, or we just don’t want to hear from. There should also be some type of privacy settings. That way you can choose who views your stuff, or if you’re okay with everyone viewing it. The Episode social feed was a great idea, just needs to be worked on a bit. It’s great for small authors to promote their stories like others said above, it’s great for people who don’t have social media, and it’s just more convenient. You can easily access your favorite stories and follow your favorite authors. I also see now how important this feed is to a lot of people. I personally am not a big fan of this feature, but if it means a lot to other people, it should stay. All of these points were made above, but I’m just adding on and I agree. Anyways, I’ve said enough. Hopefully if Episode decides to keep this feature open, I hope to see some changes as far as settings and parts to the feature.

3 Likes

What you said here, it’s beautiful, exactly why Episode Feed should stay. For all the people who are saying that it has been misused: you only see the posts of the people you follow. So if you don’t like seeing each or each person’s posts, un follow them and that’s it.
Sisbay, you’ve said it all, and I really wish it will change something!

3 Likes