Saying Goodbye to the Social Feed

Who is anyone else to say it didn’t work? They didn’t ask those of us who actively use it. Like I said, it isn’t invasive. It’s just a small feature you have the option of clicking on. It’s not in your face. Just like with Facebook‘s “on this day” feature, you have to actively click on it to view it, otherwise, you won’t see it. How else do you recommend people having the ability to share stories on Episode? There’s literally no other way to promote stories outside of having to create an IG account. I’ve had this app since 2013 when it was just starting out, and having the ability to share stories and see other people’s recommendations has only heightened the experience, instead of us missing out on hidden gems and not having any way of telling others about a great story. This will really hurt small authors getting their stories out. (I’m not talking about the “stories I recommend” section. That only allows you to recommend a handful of stories, where the feed is endless.) This is really helpful especially when there are contest entries. I pay for unlimited tickets and I blow through story entries and promote the ones I think deserve more attention and reads. As a community, it’s important to be able to give ALL authors exposure. Not just the big ones on IG.

I’m not trying to be argumentative, so I’m sorry if it’s coming off that way. Im just saying for the people who use it, it’s way more beneficial regarding sharing stories. And even for those who DON’T have it, that’s how some of these stories that finally reach the shelf have gotten their start. By people promoting them and giving them attention. There are a lot of times where contest entries didn’t win the contest, but they eventually go on to be featured on the shelf at a later time, under a random category. That’s thanks to people being able to share stories and give it enough exposure for it to also grab the attention of the episode team.

Episode should not have to solely rely on IG for people to promote their stories, when they already have a feature to let them promote their stories themselves. They just need to roll it out to everyone so the authors and readers don’t HAVE to use IG just for an extension of their episode account in order to give their stories exposure. I literally only use IG because not all the authors have access to making posts and updates within Episode, and I want to keep up with their stories. Anyway, I guess we’ll see what happens, but I think removing it would be a disservice to small authors.

2 Likes

I’m not reading all that :joy::joy::clap:t3::clap:t3:

I have my opinion and you have yours. I’m done with this back and forth with you.

4 Likes

Thank you for being the bigger person :clap:t4:

1 Like

When is it being deleted?

I do agree with this, and I understand your point of view. Many small authors do not have IG because either they are too young for it or don’t like social media. So therefore, the social feed is very helpful to them involving promoting their stories. I do agree with that. I also think Episode should just roll out the social feed to everybody on the platform instead of taking it away so soon.

5 Likes

Exactly! I’ve been reading episode since I was in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! And now I’m a junior in high school. This place is where I was FULLY myself, where NOBODY judged me. It’s my second home and escape which is why I’m still reading, and why I can’t let this app go. I never got the feature. Instead of removing, they should I’ve added more regulations, maybe censored some words. I’m so disappointed. All the potential friendships I could’ve made and communication I could’ve put out is gone. I never got the opportunity, and reading all of these replies make me so disappointed

3 Likes

lmao i didn’t even get this feature to begin with. can’t believe 2 years passed by and it’s gone. seriously, about how many people had this feature compared to the actively playing population who didn’t? :rofl:

I think you guys should SOME sort of social interaction on the app like Webtoons and Wattpad have a comment section. You guys took away the disquis comment section years ago for some reason. I still enjoy the app even without social aspects but it’s nice to have discussions about stories we love with other people within the app itself. I honestly only follow one author from Episode on instagram.

1 Like

I never got the social feed, and I was looking forward to having it. It seems to have been of help to people who did use it properly…

If this was released to everyone then maybe you guys would have had a better idea of whether to keep it or not, but you guys only released it to some and the rest of use were left out of it, then just asking anyone whether they had the feed or not, great move there mate…

4 Likes

Their response to me was that this issue is affecting a few readers but they don’t have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

I don’t understand this decision coz I love the social feed so much.

2 Likes

Honestly, I agree with pretty much everything that other users have said above, I believe that the feed should not be removed however I suppose I can understand why this decision was made. That being said, I do not agree with this quote:

As the screenshot that I’ve provided shows, the majority of users do like the feed and would not like it to be removed. While I do not believe that this decision will be changed, I do still hope that the outpouring of user support will cause you to reconsider. Thank you :heart:

Poll

1 Like

Before you guys remove the social feed give everyone the chance to try it out for at least 2 months at most then do a survey to see what everyone thinks of it, then go from there…

Again it’s just ridiculous to remove it without everyone having it and have proper feedback from that…

1 Like

6 Likes

Yikes… It’s official

1 Like

If a lot of people didn’t have it then it’s not proper feed back is it? How about rolling it out for everyone before making the decision? A lot of us who had it used it for updating our followers when new chapters were put. I got w far greater response asking episode related questions on there than on my Instagram and it’s also a good way to get smaller author authors names out there. I literally gained 1000 followers in just over a week (I follow only episode on there) just by posting something every few days. That would take me ages on instagram they could be potentially 1000 new readers but without the feature they’d never known I existed!

2 Likes

Never had it, wish I did, though. Also, I doubt something’s going to change. As soon as they make a thread about an upcoming change in the app, it’s settled. It’s always easier to throw something out than let everyone test it and maybe enjoy it.

Pretty disappointed.

I had no idea it even existed, but to me it wasn’t around long enough or at least released to the majority of people so it’s hard to determine that it was useless to the small amount of people that had it. Maybe it would have been more helpful had this been introduced to more people in the app. :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

My social feed has officially gone :sob:!!! I hope episode rethink this, I personally think it’s ridiculous removing it after only asking a minority of people who had access to it.

1 Like

I miss the feed already :cry: I went to post and was like oh yeah it’s gone
I hate this

They also should have make sure to ask the people who used it

1 Like