Says I can not do this (Overlay help please)

INT. SAVANNAH LIVING ROOM - DAY with BACK SOFA SAVA
&ovelay BACK SOFA SAVA moves to layer 2
&SAVANNAH stands screen center AND SAVANNAH moves to layer 1 AND SAVANNAH faces left AND SAVANNAH is idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear
@transition fade in magenta in 1.4

So again I need help I am sorry for asking for help a lot I really am trying to finger out what I can on my own but this I’m stuck again…
I just need the overlay to move to layer 2 because I will have a character that comes behind it and a character that walks around it. But it says this. &overlay BACK SOFA SAVA moves to layer 2 is not a valid directing comand

okay, your missing couple things with your overlay.

and.

&overlay BACK SOFA SAVA to layer 2

1 Like

Okay I’ll look at this thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If u have any errors, post your code in again. And what zone number is your character and overlay suppose to be in. :wink: Also, u need to use the overlay helper, to copy the code from the box to put in your script.

1 Like

But I cant get the preview to open so I can move it and I just want it in zone 1 so I know I don’t have to put the zone.

are u using phone, laptop, or computer or just freeze.

HP laptop just bought it and all updated because my old one would not work. But I added a overlay in just like this in the begin of episode one and the previewer worked and didn’t have a error but now it don’t.

1 Like

You have to out your zone number with the overlay, because it feels like when u preview the overlay isn’t shown or its in a different zone.

the previewer isn’t loading at all just poping up at the top that says fix your error before you can preview, I even just tried adding zone 1 and it did the same thing

1 Like

what do you have in your script. send yr code.

INT. SAVANNAH LIVING ROOM - DAY with BACK SOFA SAVA
&ovelay BACK SOFA SAVA moves to layer 2
&SAVANNAH stands screen center AND SAVANNAH moves to layer 1 AND SAVANNAH faces left AND SAVANNAH is idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear
SAVANNAH
(I guess this isn’t so bad so far.)
(Really so far it’s not much different the hospital.)
(Other then there is more room and stuff.)

INT. SAVANNAH LIVING ROOM - DAY with BACK SOFA SAVA in zone 1 at layer 2

&overlay BACK SOFA SAVA shifts to x y in zone 1
&overlay BACK SOFA SAVA scales to xy in zone 1

SAVANNAH
(I guess this isn’t so bad so far.)
(Really so far it’s not much different the hospital.)
(Other then there is more room and stuff.)

I put x y because u have to have numbers in that spot when you place your overlay in there.

I’m just really lost because I didn’t have to do that earlier in the story when I added a overlay and I can’t put numbers with out the previewer allowing me to move it around.
I’m sorry I’m just really lost I’ll show you how i did my other scene and it worked. Now there is numbers because my previewer allowed me to place it like this

INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY with DESK OFFICE WOOD
&zoom reset
music off
&MOLLY spot 1.082 122 120 AND MOLLY faces right AND SAVANNAH spot 1.001 226 166 AND SAVANNAH faces right
&overlay DESTK OFFICE WOOD moves to layer 2
then move it and add the numbers to get this
INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY with DESK OFFICE WOOD to 0.855 -180 -10 in zone 3
&zoom reset
music off
&MOLLY spot 1.082 122 120 AND MOLLY faces right AND SAVANNAH spot 1.001 226 166 AND SAVANNAH faces right
&overlay DESTK OFFICE WOOD moves to layer 2

SO I’m not understanding how to get the numbers when it will not allow me to preview the scene to move it around to get the numbers.

1 Like

So, this part worked?

1 Like

Yes :blush:

1 Like

And this is all I’m getting now.
But earlier when I did the other scene I didn’t have a background and overlay in review could that be why it’s not allowing me

1 Like

click on preview again, it does tht a lot.

1 Like

Okay :blush:

1 Like

I exited out and want back in and still dose the something :confused:

1 Like