Scale not working?

When moving a character, they move to the correct position but not the right scale ? My character’s moving from the background to the front of the screen but isn’t getting any bigger even though I feel as if the coding is correct ? He just keeps going smaller than his previous spot lol, I’ve refreshed the entire story thinking it could just be a glitch, but it’s even doing it when I play through on my phone. Any help is appreciated ! :smiley:

Here’s the code:

@zoom on 423 324 to 320% in 0 AND YOU spot 0.929 214 128 in zone 2 AND YOU starts idle_awkward_scratch_loop AND SOFIA starts react_startled_subtle AND JOHNATHAN faces right AND JOHNATHAN starts search_neutral AND WILLIAM starts think_rubchin
@pause for 1

@WILLIAM walks to spot 0.578 205 333 in zone 2 in 1

@zoom on 640 273 to 219% in 0 AND WILLIAM spot 0.975 283 133 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND WILLIAM starts idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
@pause for 0.5
@YOU starts react_startled_subtle

WILLIAM (talk_armscrossed_neutral_loop)
How do you want to go about this Miss.Barratt ?

Here’s your error! Change it the 0.578 to 0.975

You’ve got two completely different spots for the same character, with no walking animations for one line, and no way for the portal to register what you’re trying to do. You need to make sure the scales match up for William and then it should work right!

Oh yeaaaa ! oops haha, thank u

thank u ! it works now

1 Like

Slightly unrelated to your question. If you ever do want to move a character at a different scale to where you’ll spot them, you need to have a very short pause (ie pause for 0.1) between the walk and spot commands, otherwise the scaling is ignored in the spot command.

ohhh right, i think that’s what I was aiming to do but changing the scale of where he’s walking to looks/works fine too !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.