What are your school pet peeves (remote or in-person)?
Zoom breakout rooms are my biggest remote school pet peeve. So awkward…
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE
When we are taking test (back when we were in school in person) and the teacher is telling every one to be quiet and the students are taking the test, but the teacher wont shut up.
Like yall know what Im talking about.
Teacher: "do your best guys, try your best And remember “blah blah bla” on loop
THAT GETS ON MY NERVES
Omg, yes!! It’s so annoying!! They’re like “Okay, I’ll be quiet so you all can test,” but then they’ll still be talking to you while you’re trying to focus.
this is a weird one that I have but when there are two doors people can use but everyone crams to try and get through just one of them
I have a whole list.
Issues with Professors
- When they force you to turn your cameras on. Not only is it classist, but sometimes inappropriate because of where a student may be.
- Giving bonus points for showing up in person. It’s straight up ableist. There’s no excuse.
- Just not f*cking teaching… I have a professor that asks us to read the book and do book problems. If we have no questions during class… well class dismissed! That professor isn’t even doing the work of a tutor. I’m paying $16k a year for this?
- Professors that refuse to be time flexible and ask for documentation of EVERYTHING. It’s too harsh and honestly irrational.
- Professors that bring up politics in class.
- Boomer Professors telling offensive jokes.
- Professors misgendering me because apparently “they” can’t be used in a singular sense.
Issues with Other Students
- Not carrying their weight in group projects.
- Asking to copy my work.
- Only befriending me to use my work.
- Asking me their questions DURING class instead of asking the professor (idk what’s going on half of the time ?? why ask me ???).
- Being exclusionary because i’m not cishet.
- Stealing my work and then presenting it to research advisors claiming it’s theirs.
- Not returning my super cool pens after I let someone borrow them. (this one is just petty but i’m protective of my erasable pens ok)
Issues with College Itself
- WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE??
- I feel unsafe going to campus in the middle of a pandemic yet simultaneously feel guilty for not attending in-person.
- I also feel like certain things on campus could be a lot more accessible to people with disabilities and minorities.
- Please let the online classroom malfunction more.
OMG YES YES YESSSS!
they always pull out the “Ill be quiet”, 0.5 seconds later here they come with the speeches.
My biggest pet peeve is the people
A student in my class was asking me for a pencil since I had a total pack and never gave it back. Then the next day they asked for another pencil and says that they don’t have one like BRUH I JUST GAVE YOU ONE THE OTHER DAY! That pisses me off.
when the teacher is like “the bell doesn’t dismiss you, I do”-
Yesss, like come on now there’s a whole door right there I- smh
Right. And then we you run out of pencils because you gave them all away nobody got one for you I-
Sometimes I forget to ask for my pencils back and they don’t even give it back themselves. Then if I don’t have a pencil they be like “I don’t have anymore” Like I can’t
Right, I know I forgot to ask but dang you had no business passing around my pencil, let alone losing it I- Oh yeah let’s not forget when they chew up your pencil. After that, it’s game over.
People standing in the middle of the hallways/top or bottom of the stairs talking with their friends like I just want to get to my class
Another school pet peeve is when I’m put into a group for a project and my partners don’t contribute, so I’m forced to do all the work by myself.
-When nobody wants to raise their hand, and my teacher ends up picking someone randomly… I don’t like it when it ends up being me This bothers me a lot, but not that much because I can understand why nobody wants to raise their hand
-Group projects because the pandemic has suddenly given me a weird fear of socializing. I used to be alright but I’ve recently become super anti-social, so I just end up sitting there staring at their faces… or quickly checking the forums for messages lol
sameee, also I never volunteer for the captain role but I always end up being one since no one wants to do their job/part
lol, my teachers are always on my back when it comes to group work. We have to get straight to work. Some of them don’t even like us joking around with each other, like chill