Script body type help!

So, I would like the reader to pick what type of body and although the choices show up, the plus female keeps showing up in the new scene when I picked the other ones and in the wrong name.
HELP!

1 Like

You can’t change a plus sized character to the different body type options. You’ll need at least two characters (One plus-sized and the other one the other chosen type), if you want that.
You can use @/Dara.Amarie template for that, it’s easier and everything is explain there too!

(Probably just copy the body type part, if you only want that part)

3 Likes

I’m still confused. I used those templates and added the male choice too. I don’t want to change the plus.
I just want to give the reader a chance to choose what character they want to play as

Well, probably if you want an choice where the readers can choose their gender, you’ll have to add two story lines. One with the male and the other one with the female (If these’re the only options your giving)

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that I have to make 2 stories one for male and one for female?

No, one story, but with duplicated lines. Like: With for example the male character, you’ll write the story normally, just how you’ve planned, and that’s the thing that’ll appear only when it’s the male option. For the female option you copy and paste that (so that you’ll have to exact same thing twice in one script), but you’ll change the male character to the female character only!
Another option would be, you write one part and use whenever the character appears the if command to say, if the character is male or female (But that’s a bit annoying if it’s an important character, which appears quite often.)
In the end you’ll need two characters (Three if you want an plus sized body type choice for female) one female and one male.

But how will I know their picked character will stay like that? Because with the opening scene, the plus is in when I chose the generic female

You need two base choices (Male & Female)
After this one was chosen, you can ask for the body types (Depending on the previous choice, you give female/male body types)
For plus sized you have to create a plus sized character, but that character only works for the plus sized option, so for female generic, soft and athletic is only for the not plus sized female character.

For saving those options you can use gains

If you give me some time, I can code you a basic example of that!

1 Like

Oh ok. Thank you! That’s what I’m confused on. And that would be nice💕

1 Like
Script

INT. BLACK - DAY
&zoom reset
@/transition fade in

label Gender_Choice

NARRATOR
Please choose a gender!

choice “Female” {
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want a female character?
There’s | no-space , bold |no option| reset | to change that later!
Do you want to play as a female character?
choice “Yes, I’m sure!” {
gain Female_Char
goto Female_Char
} “No, I want something different!” {
goto Gender_Choice
}

} “Male” {
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want a male character?
There’s | no-space , bold |no option| reset | to change that later!
Do you want to play as a male character?
choice “Yes, I’m sure!” {
gain Male_Char
goto Male_Char
} “No, I want something different!” {
goto Gender_Choice
}
}

FEMC CUSTOMIZATION {

label Female_Char

@/FEMC stands screen center and FEMC faces right and FEMC starts idle

label body_type_pick

NARR
Which body type do you want?

choice
“Generic” {
@/FEMC =0
@/remove PLFEMC
@/FEMC changes body into Female Generic Body
@/pause for 1
goto body_type_pick
} “Athletic” {
@/FEMC =0
@/remove PLFEMC
@/FEMC changes body into Female Athletic Body
@/pause for 1
goto body_type_pick
} “Soft” {
@/FEMC =0
@/remove PLFEMC
@/FEMC changes body into Female Soft Body
@/pause for 1
goto body_type_pick
} “Plus” {
@/FEMC =1
@/remove FEMC
@/PLFEMC stands screen center and PLFEMC faces right and PLFEMC starts idle
@/pause for 1
goto body_type_pick
} “Choose this!” {
NARR
Are you sure this is the body type you want?
choice
“Yes!” {
} “No, choose a different body type.” {
goto body_type_pick
}
}

if (FEMC = 1) {
@/FEMC becomes PLFEMC
@/remove PLFEMC
gain MC_plussize
} else {
}

@/FEMC =0
@/FEMC stands screen center and FEMC faces right and FEMC is flirt_wink_atcamera

#YOU CAN ADD A FEMALE CC HERE IF YOU WANT! BUT TAKE CARE THAT YOU USE THE TWIN CUSTOMAZATION TEMPLATE BY DARA AMARIE (ONE CHAR IS THE PLUS SIZED CHAR ON THE OTHER THE SLIM ONE)

goto Story
#}

MAMC CUSTOMIZATION {

label Male_Char

@/MAMC changes into MALESLIM_default
@/MAMC enters from left to screen center then MAMC faces right and MAMC is idle

label body_type_male

&speechbubble is 161 252 to 100%
NARR

choice
“Generic” {
@/MAMC =1
@/remove MALEATHLETIC and remove MALESOFT and remove MALESLIM and remove MAMC
@/MALEGENERIC stands screen center and MALEGENERIC faces right and MALEGENERIC is idle
goto body_type_male
} “Athletic” {
@/MAMC =2
@/remove MALEGENERIC and remove MALESOFT and remove MALESLIM and remove MAMC
@/MALEATHLETIC stands screen center and MALEATHLETIC faces right and MALEATHLETIC is idle
goto body_type_male
} “Soft” {
@/MAMC =3
@/remove MALEGENERIC and remove MALEATHLETIC and remove MALESLIM and remove MAMC
@/MALESOFT stands screen center and MALESOFT faces right and MALESOFT is idle
goto body_type_male
} “Slim” {
@/MAMC =4
@/remove MALEGENERIC and remove MALEATHLETIC and remove MALESOFT and remove MAMC
@/MALESLIM stands screen center and MALESLIM faces right and MALESLIM is idle
goto body_type_male
} “Choose this!” {
NARR
choice
“Yes!” {
goto body_type_male
}
}

if (MAMC =1) {
@/MAMC becomes MALEGENERIC
} elif (MAMC =2) {
@/MAMC becomes MALEATHLETIC
} elif (MAMC =3) {
@/MAMC becomes MALESOFT
} elif (MAMC =4) {
@/MAMC becomes MALESLIM
}

@/MALEGENERIC =0
@/remove MALEATHLETIC and remove MALESOFT and remove MALESLIM
@/MAMC stands screen center and MAMC faces right and MAMC is flirt_wink_atcamera

@/MAMC is dustoff_neutral_loop
@/MAMC changes into MAMC_default

#YOU CAN ADD A MALE CC HERE IF YOU WANT!

goto Story
#}

@/pause for 0
label Story
@/pause for 0
#HERE YOU SHOUDL THE CODING AFTER THE CC BEGIN (JUST BECAUSE IT’S POSSIBLE THAT THERE MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH GETTING TO THE STORY AFTER CC!

Sorry for the / behind every @ but otherwise it wouldn’t have let me post it :sweat_smile: Just remove them in you script!

Here’s the script. I noted a few thing down behind #, please read them. And please credit @/Dara.Amarie if you don’t add a cc ('Cause she isn’t added to the script yet!)
You have 3 characters (MAMC= Male Char.; FEMC= Female Char.; PLFEMC= Plus Sized Female) here, just replace them with ctrl + H to the names you want! (PLFEMC must be a Plus Sized character)! You can change the outfits to the ones you want (Just take care that for the body type choice the outfits show their stomach, so that you can see what body type it is). You can change the narrator text and the animations if you want ofc!

AND!
For outfit choices for the female char. you have to make an ‘if’ option (You have a gain above, for the plus sized char.) That’s what an outfit choice would look like:
if (MC_plussize) {
@/PLUSSIZE changes into PLUSOUTFIT_NAME
@/MAINCHARACTER becomes PLUSSIZE

} else {
@/MAINCHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_NAME
}

If you have some other trouble with the plus sized stuff you can read this:
Dara-Amarie Plus Size Body Type Choice

or you can message me on this topic or via PM!

Thanks for the templates, @Dara.Amarie!

1 Like

Thanks so much!:two_hearts:

1 Like

It’s still not working for the female character. It’s still popping up as plus in every option

1 Like

Could please you send me a screenshot of the script you have?

Mya is a not plus sized character, and you it a plus sized character?

And have you checked if Mya has a char. point? Mistakenly maybe…

And the line at the end of the female customization must have the ‘if (MC_plussize)’ command so that whether the plus sized character appears or not, depending on the choice.

And I recently noticed, the male body type choice is wrong (It’s an old version, before you were able to change the body type with ‘changes into’), replace it with this (Between the label Male_Char and goto Story:

label m_body_type_pick

@MALEAVATAR stands screen center and MALEAVATAR faces right and MALEAVATAR starts idle

NARR

choice
“Generic” {
@MALEAVATAR changes body into Male Generic Body
@pause for 1
goto m_body_type_pick
} “Athletic” {
@MALEAVATAR changes body into Male Athletic Body
@pause for 1
goto m_body_type_pick
} “Soft” {
@MALEAVATAR changes body into Male Soft Body
@pause for 1
goto m_body_type_pick
} “Slim” {
@MALEAVATAR changes body into Male Slim Body
@pause for 1
goto m_body_type_pick
} “Female” {
@MALEAVATAR changes body into Female Body
@pause for 1
goto m_body_type_pick
} “Choose this!” {
}

NARR

choice
“Yes!” {
goto m_body_type_pick
}

You is the plus size and Mya is the generic and I’m still getting the same error

1 Like

This is actually very simple as I have done it before. All you need to do is put the Dara MC gender picking template then you add her plus and generic template and then do the same in the male branch but with the male body selecting template. If you read what she has wrote with the templates you shouldn’t be getting any errors.

While previewing the different options, before choosing, is the character still generic?

Nope

That actually means that the character called Mya is a plus sized character, because I tried the exact same template out currently and it’s working