Script Errors - Help

general
community
coding

Hi! While coding my most recent story, I get an error that says: ANIMATIONPROPERTIES

This is my coding where I’m having the issue:

INT. APARTMENT - DAY with BOXSTACK with BOX OPEN with ASHANTIA UNBOUND

@DAWN spot 1.280 54 0 AND DAWN faces right AND DAWN is idle_jawdrop AND overlay BOXSTACK shifts to 168 -123 in 0 AND overlay BOXSTACK scales to 0.870 0.870 AND overlay BOX OPEN shifts to 195 -72 in 0 AND overlay BOX OPEN scales to 0.712 0.712 AND overlay ASHANTIA UNBOUND shifts to 117 -15 in 0 AND overlay ASHANTIA UNBOUND scales to 0.654 0.654 AND DAWN moves to layer 2 AND overlay ASHANTIA UNBOUND moves to layer 1 AND overlay BOX OPEN moves to layer 0 AND overlay BOXSTACK moves to layer -1

&zoom on 161 0 to 475% in 1

Yes I’m aware it’s very long :sweat_smile:

Can anyone help me?

Also if you have any script errors please feel free to add them to this topic post!!

SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix: GET THEM FIXED HERE!

what style: ink, classic, limelight

the style is ink.

does it just say animation properties or is there anything else. does it specify that the error is about the overlay or the character the spot position etc

That’s what it says

Hi.
First, you need to add a time to how long you want it to take for your overlays to do something/an animation else the SE won’t know how to handle it.
AND overlay BOXSTACK scales to 0.870 0.870 in ?

Secondly. The scriptcode needent’t be that long. Instead of using AND that many times, you can devide up the scripline under the different components/object by using & on a new line. Both has the same effect, but & makes your script more manageable.

ex
&DAWN spot 1.280 54 0 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND DAWN faces right AND DAWN is idle_jawdrop
& BOXSTACK shifts to 168 -123 in 0 AND overlay BOXSTACK scales to 0.870 0.870 in 0 AND overlay BOXSTACK moves to layer -1 <— both this commands will happen at the same time.

However, if using an overlay on screen right at the start of a scene it’s better to put its starting coordinates together with the adding of the overlay at the background title.

ex
INT. APARTMENT - DAY with BOXSTACK to 0.870 168 -123 in zone 1 at layer -1 <— this will be the starting position on screen for you overlay

Hope this helps you.

<3

Thanks!! Let me go try this and I’ll be back.

I didn’t even know you could do half of those things lmao :joy:

Please do. If it doesn’t solve the problem/error we need to find the reason. :upside_down_face:
That’s just the tip of the iceberg, hun. Hopefully it will lighten some of your burdons in the future.

<3

I tried doing this :arrow_up:

(revised coding)

INT. APARTMENT - DAY with BOXSTACK to 0.870 168 -123 in zone 1 at layer 1 with BOX OPEN to 0.712 195 -72 in zone 1 at layer 0 with ASHANTIA UNBOUND to 0.654 117 -15 in zone 1 at layer 1

&DAWN spot 1.280 54 0 AND DAWN faces right AND DAWN is idle_jawdrop AND DAWN moves to layer 2

&zoom on 161 0 to 475% in 1

and I’m still having the same problem. I’m so lost.

thank you :grinning:

Still getting the same error message?
Start by adding the layer and zone to the characters position.

&DAWN spot 1.280 54 0 in zone 1 at layer 2

I don’t think that’s the issue, but we need to narrow it down. Are you sure the error is at this place of the script.
I’ve never encountered this error myself but I know it happened a lot when the episode team changed the clear overlay command. Maybe they’re working on something again - like the new bubbles?

<3

I found another topic which i posted the issue to and @Dara.Amarie has just told me:

I tried this and the error was instantly fixed.

Here’s the topic link:

Thank you @HappyDaisy for your help :heart:
Case closed!! (Thank goodness, I’m working on a deadline :joy:)

p.s. this topic can still be used if there are any scripting errors you’d like to discuss.

p.p.s. :arrow_up: nevermind (topic closed)

Glad this got resolved! Closing :v:t2:

:grin: